ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
A European(British) InterCity diesel engine(2) mounted on an Athearn SDP40 Chassis. Made one of the engines into a Dummy to pull behind the bunch of Fleishmann passenger cars.(6)
This was a 2 day project. I bought the engines off Ebay for $16.00 & thru-away the frame & 1 motor.
Installed LED lighting & have to lower the coupler pockets on the engine to match the passenger car couplers.
These next photo's are some large track bumpers that I made out of some shelving leg antiskid bases. I cut them in half for the bumpers. the more I look at the pictures the worse they look. Seems to be way to big for the scale. Probably remove them tomorrow & do something else.
Anyone got a bunch of HO scale ship parts they want to get rid of? I need to add some parts to these 3 boats.
I also need dock parts, like davits & whatever you find on docks.
Thought I would update my engine roster photo page since I haven' done it for about 2 years.
The 3 new engines(yellow boxes) I just got today from a member here on the forum. Gives me 59 engines showing & 3 on my bench that I'm working on.