Thanks guys,
The track crew is finally ready to lay some ties and rails.
I would line up the TT bridge to the spot where the tracks intersected the pit edge, and then I would eye up the incoming track to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Here are the 1st 2 tracks coming onto the TT. That's an Athearn Genesis F-7 sitting on the bridge.
View attachment 8739
This is the first run on the table.
F-7 takes a spin
This is the outside storage tracks. The 2 tracks on each side of the pin vise have not been trimmed back yet. You can see them overhanging the pit edge.
View attachment 8740
Once I trimmed the rail to the very edge of the pit, I filed the rail ends to almost a point to make the wheels transition easier from the bridge to the surrounding tracks.
After I installed all the roundhouse tracks I ran a set of buss wires over to the area. I dropped feeders down from ever rail, red and blue pairs. I used the 3M suitcase connectors to attach them. I really like these connectors, easy and reliable (so far). If I had to solder all of those wires under the layout I would have been driven nuts (although it's not a very far drive anyway).
View attachment 8741
This is what the TT area looked like just before I left my Dad's house for this trip.
View attachment 8742
All of the tracks around the table were programmed and indexed to the bridge. I had to index it to each side of the bridge. I found this Walther's Turntable a very nice kit to install, program and use. A nice investment if you want a turntable for your layout.
Here's a few videos of the TT.
Here's my newer K-4 pulling into the roundhouse.
K-4 going home