Running Bear's October 2025 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck Terry! My guess is that since you are still there, you're going to be retained.

It's a quiet night, no Hockey. Watched maybe an inning of the baseball game on Fox....I'm really not into it tonight. (Seattle 1-0 in 4th).
Awaiting the Atlantic Storm of the Century, coming up the coast starting tomorrow @ 1300 and continuing through next Tuesday morning....(or not). 85% probability, 15% or not. 🙀 (Good thing I have the highest lot in the entire subdivision).

We were not in the frost zone this morning. Temperature on the front porch 40°. Over at the Reservoir (3mi) they recorded 35°. In any event we brought in the house plants from the porch to the garage, (for debugging), tomorrow they come in. We also placed the patio into winter mode. Took us 30".

I also found 30" for an Echo Cardiogram this afternoon. Test is uneventful, results in a couple days. (Looked ok to me).

Tomorrow, quick trip to the grocery store, then some quality time on the model railroad.
 
Good evening folks, 64 here right now after 82 earlier. Worked today, glad to see business picking up as we were quite busy all day long. One of our g'nieces is in from Alabama and everyone met here for pizza. Great to see her, she has a wonderfully sweet heart. Picked up a second year production Ruger 10/22 rifle today, it's in good shape but has honest wear. It's a 12xxx number out of over 7 million.
 


Just tried to make caccio e pepe for the third time. All 3 were strike outs with the cheese melting too much and turning into a stringy mess vice a creamy sauce. I watched Alex, then that chef in Italy (can't remember his name), and then Pasta Grammar who said fool proof method. Well, not retard proof like me.

I followed their instruction to a T, except for the grind the peppercorn in a mortar and pestle, and simmer the ground pepper in the pasta water for a while, and the keep adding pasta water, and totally missed the add a tiny bit of pasta water as you slowly add the cheese. Even if the cheese sauce had come out, I think the peppercorn really had to be very coarse as even wtih my grinder on the coarsest setting, it still made a lot of pepper dust. The entire mess was waaaayyyyyy too spicy for me, so it all went in the garbage.

I guess I should find a restaurant and get a better idea of what i'm trying to achieve.
 
For the first time since 2001, the Mariners advanced to the American League Championship. It took an epic playoff battle of 15-innings in the final game of the AL Division series. Mariners 3 Tigers 2
Tonight, the Cubs will face the Brewers in their final game of the NL Division series for the right to face the Dodgers in the National League Championship.
 
1760173388316.png
1760173472434.png
1760173435998.png


Good Saturday morning! It's 57°F and mostly cloudy. :cool:
1760173632823.png

Have a great day!;)
1760173846517.png

No. 1005 Circa-Prior to 1897 - Drawing by Michael A. Collins
 
Morning all from Springfield OH.

Gaming convention is fun. But there is an HMGS membership meeting I have to sit through this afternoon.

In the news, I saw that my home state, and former city, Indianapolis is getting a Banana Baseball expansion team.

The Indiana Clowns.

I’ll leave it to you ball fan to discuss and explain the significance of that name, and why it fits so well with Banana Ball.

I’m off in search of donuts before another exciting day of gaming.
 


One of the things about being a US civil service employee, is that the overseas tours were limited to 5 years. The employee is supposed to let the supervisor know what they wish to do, which is to return to their original job that they had before they came overseas, or go look for another job. I had one guy that came from a very low position and through the positions that he applied for, he made it to GS13. He definitely did not want to go back to his original position and I fully supported that. I told my employee to start looking for a job. He did nothing. I contacted my lead and he said that he would only offer a position in San Diego, which this guy did not want to go to. When I told him this, he blew his fuse and said that the organization should be looking out for the employee. He then stormed out. I could have said F-you and been done with it. My operations guy asked me why I kept on trying, but I did. I was finally able to convince my lead to allow this guy to go to Washington state and we got it done.

I find out later that this guy had been sh!t on his entire career and was very sensitive to management not looking out for him. I just didn't want him to be left in the cold, especially with a wife and kid, so I did what I had to do. He was the 10% that took 90% of my time during that period, but he did a good job for me. He engaged the ship and kept them apprised of all issues so that the installations were completed on time and I made sure to recognize him for it (as well as my other employees). I really loved handing out awards and having the top brass attend. I would read the award at arms length since I could barely see it, which was a running joke as some offered to hold it for me farther away.

Terry, I sincerely hope that you are retained for your merits.
 
Good morning all from the sunny skies of Wisconsin. It’s 40f degrees now heading to 68 later plus a stop at a hockey rink where it will be in the 30’s!

A busy day today. Hockey on campus as #1 Wisconsin takes on #4 Minnesota Duluth early at 11am. Funny is the 2 best goalies in the nation last year are playing. Wisconsin’s Ava McNaughton won National Goaltender of the Year but finished 2nd in Conference Goalie of the year to Minnesota Duluth’s Eve Gascon who finished 2nd nationally. Strange! So basically the hot goalie wins today.

Then we come home for a couple relaxing hours and then the grandkids arrive. After dinner the grandson and I are heading over to his house to do some racing. His parents will be back after the Badger/Iowa football game that starts at 6. It’s another homecoming game the Badgers $7 million a year coach will find a way to lose. I really thought he was a great hire but turns out it is his ego that’s great! He has destroyed a great program and alienated the fan base

The Swing Bridge build continues but not sure if anything will happen today

Enjoy the day
 
The Indiana Clowns.
A truly historic name! Obviously paying tribute to the Negro American League team with the name Indianapolis Clowns, often shortened to “Indiana Clowns”.

The Negro League team was often called the “Harlem Globetrotters of baseball” mixing comedy routines, pantomime “shadow ball,” and crowd‑pleasing antics with legitimate, high‑level play. A perfect name for a Banana Baseball expansion team.

The Negro League team began in the 1930s as the Miami Giants, later became the Ethiopian Clowns, and by the early 1940s moved north, settling in Indianapolis in 1943. They were one of the last surviving Negro League teams, barnstorming well into the 1960s.

The original Clowns produced real stars, most famously, one of my heroes growing up, Henry Louis Aaron, “Hammerin’ Hank” who signed his first pro contract with them in 1952 before joining MLB's Milwaukee Braves in 1954.

How cool is that?
 
Good morning gang!

60° in Clayton, North Carolina as we wake up this morning. Only suppose to get to a high of 71°.
Grandson‘s football game starts at 11 AM and the rain is supposed to start around 3 PM. So we should be back to the daughter‘s house before the rain starts. From that point it looks like the rain is pretty much constant for the next 2 to 3 days.

BBL
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top