Running Bear's October 2025 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
A Square Deal B comes ready to go for that! My 550 runs my 45 Colt, ACP, 44 Special and .38s.
Personally I’d use the 550. I’m not a big fan of the Square Deal since it’s proprietary. A 550 works great for any pistol but can also be expanded in the future to calibers other than the Dillon anointed ones in Square Deal plus rifle. Just my personal opinion. Despite owning a couple 550s, a couple 650s, and a super 1050 and being a dealer almost 30 years I’ve never owned a Square Deal. Nothing against them but really nothing in favor of them in my book.
 
Personally I’d use the 550. I’m not a big fan of the Square Deal since it’s proprietary. A 550 works great for any pistol but can also be expanded in the future to calibers other than the Dillon anointed ones in Square Deal plus rifle. Just my personal opinion. Despite owning a couple 550s, a couple 650s, and a super 1050 and being a dealer almost 30 years I’ve never owned a Square Deal. Nothing against them but really nothing in favor of them in my book.
If you are going to load more than 2 calibers, the 550 is definitely superior. Love mine.
 
I was at the SHOT Show (trade show) in Orlando like 15 years ago in January. It was like mid to high 40s or low 50s. I was in long pants and T-Shirt and it felt great. I went to go into the Orange County Convention Center (I think that's the one in Orlando) and this big black door man at the front of the convention center who was guiding people says to me in his best Satchmo / James Earle Jones voice something about needing to get a jacket or else I'll freeze. He was all bundled up. I stopped and chatted with him and told him I was from Utah (and grew up in Mass) and this weather was like nice Spring weather for us, in January... He laughed. The locals were all bundled up and we foreigners were all in T-shirts and make light jackets for the less hardy.
 


If you are going to load more than 2 calibers, the 550 is definitely superior. Love mine.
It's the most all around versatile press. I do everything but the high volume stuff on the 550. . So everything but 9mm, 223, 308, 300 black out, 6.8 SPC, 40S&W (even though I don't really shoot that much I have a ton of components and a toolhead set up for it on the 650).

I have the RL550B. The current model is the RL550C. I forget what the differences are. Minor upgrades and tweaks. I actually have two of them. Not really on purpose but that's how it ended up. I bought one to upgrade from my RCBS Rock Chucker (and I had the RCBS progressive upgrade bits on it which never worked right but which showed me the progressive possibilities). Later after I became a dealer I had a sample press I would take to gun shows and let people play with. Once I stopped going to the shows it became my second press. So I set up one with large primer and one with small. None of my presses are set up and usable since we moved.
 
@chadbag one each for large and small primers! That is sweet. I have to swap over to the 44 Special this week and take my S&Ws to the range. Been too long since I ran the 3rd Model and have try out the "new" Triple Lock. Hopefully I can find a load that both like.
Yeah they're easy enough to swap over (if I can find where the parts went -- both of mine were bought in the 90s) but if you have two then it's a logical division.
 
That's messed up. Don't they make the do not let in list or something? Glad ICE expanded to the group now as it sounds like a ring.
No clue! I thought I had seen him walk by the house last week. But I knew he was gone and before he was deported whenever he walked by he always said hi, but not last week. So I was doubting myself. He obviously got across the border and I’m sure the church group he belongs to helped him out. The whole neighborhood knows which neighbor near the 2 houses had major feelings about the church group he belongs to. Someone snitched
 


Good morning all. A cloudy day with rain forecast.
Tradesmen coming and going throughout the day.
Younger granddaughter visiting after school... Brownies this evening.

Puddles

Puddles 2.jpg
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top