Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon. I did finally get some time to spend in the train room. Some work got done but I ended up running a local freight train through the layout dropping off and picking up cars. That took a good four hours. I also got some more vehicles to add to my collection of pre 1957 vehicles. Here are a few of them. Can only post 4 so here they are.

IMAG0985.jpg IMAG0990.jpg

1957 Cadillac and another 1957 Imperial, this one in black

IMAG0986.jpg IMAG0987.jpg

Saab 92, the old two stroke version. I can remember seeing these running around when I was a kid Also a Volvo PV544 which I also remember.

Have a few projects that need some work on the workbench, so I came up from the depths.

Ken in VA At least they are restocking the important items.

Keep warm everyone, Later.
 
CHET - You have a 55 Chrysler lurking about in town somewhere?
My dad had one - and for years and years afterwards leaving home - I wished I had bought it from him. I loved that car. The back seat was like a bedroom!
 


I had a blast today, me and my son went to the Flagstaff Model Railroad open house in Flagstaff Az. A lot of people showed up and enjoyed it. I haven't seen this layout in over 15 years, it was nice to see it again and the members.

Ken-Any idea how to post pics in a private message? I want to send you a pic of the arch i have built, i dont want to jack your Canyon Diablo build post with my build. Thanks Ron
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had a blast today, me and my son went to the Flagstaff Model Railroad open house in Flagstaff Az. A lot of people showed up and enjoyed it. I haven't seen this layout in over 15 years, it was nice to see it again and the members.

Ken-Any idea how to post pics in a private message? I want to send you a pic of the arch i have built, i dont want to jack your Canyon Diablo build post with my build. Thanks Ron

Heck, I'd like to see that too! Make a thread, they don't charge extra for em! I don't know what the deal is with sending pics in a PM, I have had no luck with that.
 
I had a blast today, me and my son went to the Flagstaff Model Railroad open house in Flagstaff Az. A lot of people showed up and enjoyed it. I haven't seen this layout in over 15 years, it was nice to see it again and the members.

Ken-Any idea how to post pics in a private message? I want to send you a pic of the arch i have built, i dont want to jack your Canyon Diablo build post with my build. Thanks Ron

Heck, I'd like to see that too! Make a thread, they don't charge extra for em! I don't know what the deal is with sending pics in a PM, I have had no luck with that.

Upload the photo to Photobucket, then copy and paste the link as an image file in the PM.
Bruce, you know that works, because that's how I sent you the picture of the shipping label.
 
Upload the photo to Photobucket, then copy and paste the link as an image file in the PM.
Bruce, you know that works, because that's how I sent you the picture of the shipping label.

LOL! That does not mean I can do it! No idea what a Photobucket is.
 
Good evening ...

Chet .... I enjoy seeing your 1950's vehicles.

Ron .... The Flagstaff club sounds interesting. ... We're headed to AZ in about 10 days or so. However, I don't think we will get to Flagstaff. We have a daughter who is in Casa Grande south of Phoenix. We're looking forward to getting away from cold wether.
 


I had a blast today, me and my son went to the Flagstaff Model Railroad open house in Flagstaff Az. A lot of people showed up and enjoyed it. I haven't seen this layout in over 15 years, it was nice to see it again and the members.

Ken-Any idea how to post pics in a private message? I want to send you a pic of the arch i have built, i dont want to jack your Canyon Diablo build post with my build. Thanks Ron

Go ahead and post it in the bridge build thread.
Have you been down to the Wyoming Division model railroad in Cornville?
 
No i haven't been there. Ok, thanks i will post it. I didnt want to jack your post without your permission, i have more respect for you than that. Let me know what you think, please be honest!
 

Attachments

  • 20170107_084309.jpg
    20170107_084309.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 328
You can see the window girders here. I have 7 hours in it right there, been finishing the ends tonight, another 2 hours so far.
 

Attachments

  • 20170107_084353.jpg
    20170107_084353.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 290
Evening All,

Back from the club and I had a great time. Next week we are having a open house so I will be there on Sunday for that.

Terry- I hope you can get the supplies you need.

2869ral- That looks great.

Sherrel- Great pic. I wonder how many people believe that.

Karl- I guess you are the ingenious one.

Beady- It's exciting to start fresh.

Willie- It was nice of your neighbor to stop.

VA Ken- I can't wait to see your progress. Maybe you can do a separate thread like you did for your layout build.

I hope everyone has a good night.
 
CHET - You have a 55 Chrysler lurking about in town somewhere?
My dad had one - and for years and years afterwards leaving home - I wished I had bought it from him. I loved that car. The back seat was like a bedroom!

I'll bet you never told your father that :o
 
I'll bet you never told your father that :o

TOOT - I think he figured that out after a yooge thunderstorm one night and girl friend and I slid off the clay road into the ditch. WOW, took a wrecker to pull us out. Both he and my girl's father were not amused.
 
Curt,

I do have a thread going on the construction of the bridge. Building the Canyon Diablo Bridge. It's in the Structures and Buildings section.

10 degrees here in King George, VA this morning. Church is canceled today because the roads are like ice. Even the cat wasn't at the back door this morning. Probably found a warm place to hang out.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good Morning All. It's 16° and mostly cloudy here this morning. At least that's twice as warm as yesterday! Forecast is still for a few days in the 70's beginning Tuesday. All of the snow did disappear yesterday. Interesting thing now that I have hearing aids, I heard the crunch of snow under my feet for the first time in over twenty five years! Forgot all about that sound!!! No snow at all last winter to experience it. Finished taking down the Christmas stuff yesterday and put it in a spare (?) closet instead of climbing into the attic.
Still a bit too chilly in the train shed yesterday, so I brought my portable figure painting kit into the house and painted some Preiser people for a while. Then the sun came out and it was really pleasant outside, even though still in the mid-30's; so I did some prep work in the garden. Planting season for me starts in about three weeks.

Ken (D&J) - At least they had their priorities right in the grocery store. Be safe out there.
Chet - The new vehicles look good. Must be nice to live in your prosperous towns where everyone has a bright shiny new car.
Bob - Nice to see you back in the Coffee Shop, even if just briefly.
Bruce - I wouldn't worry too much about the minor kinks in the track. If everything runs past it with no problem than let it be. I recall that you say that everything is still temporary. If anyone asks, just blame it on inebriated track layers!

Too many days without hearing from Eric. I hope that everything is going OK. Same thing regarding Louis.

Everyone have a fantastic Sunday.

Willie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top