Good Morning All. Cold this morning at 7° and mostly cloudy. Didn't get above 20° yesterday, supposed to be mid 30's today and back to a much nicer 75° on Tuesday. Snowed eventually yesterday, maybe 1/2"...thankfully it didn't affect the roads at all, as it all blew off. Take this weather back
Chet!
Well, everyone else has had something "conk-out" lately, I guess it's my turn. One of the two heaters in the train shed went "toes-up" on me and the temperature out there didn't get above 45° yesterday. Tolerable but not amendable for modeling or any other work involving dexterity. On the bright side, the beer fridge didn't have to work too hard! While I could drive to town and get another one today, I will probably wait until my next scheduled trip for groceries/beer and get it then.
Gary - Looking forward to pictures of your completed auto unloading facility.
Johnny - I use a lot of weathering powders as well. I use AIM powders, as that's the brand my LHS stocked. I got the one known as "Set A", which has 1/4 oz @ of four colors, dark and light rust, medium earth and grimy black. They have other sets as well as larger containers sold individually. Here's a supplier that shows examples:
http://monroemodels.us/aim.weathering.htm
Here's a picture of what I have done.

It's not the best, but it's one that I could come up with quickly.
Good luck with the flooring, and if you don't already have them, a set of knee pads is really a must have!
Enjoy the fireplace. I heat my entire house with wood in a controlled-draft wood burning stove. No moving parts and the only maintenance is cleaning the ashes out every 10-14 days and sweeping the chimney about every two years. Used it for 36 years now!
Chet -
Tom - You should post more photos of your equipment and layout. You do some outstanding work.
I second that. Have you seen his YouTube stuff yet? If not, check it out.
Ken (D&J) - I have been reading your bridge posts, but $800! Wow! Hope that they give you a discount.
OK
Louis, time to report in!
Time to re-stoke the fire, another day mainly indoors. I did get some bewildered looks yesterday as I went for my walk while it was snowing. One man who was new to the neighborhood did stop and ask if I wanted a ride. I guess that he had never seen me out walking before.
Everyone have a great day and stay safe and warm.
Willie