Good evening. It's cloudy and 54.
I hope everybody has a good/happy whatever holiday they are celebrating.
I haven't gotten back to anyone about the situation with the vehicle, but I thought I should make a couple of things clearer. The rear axle is bent backward on the driver's side, which results in a 1.26 degree negative toe and left thrust angle. That's really not enough for anybody to see, just looking at it. Next, the frame is tweaked to the right 1.06 degrees. These have a net effect of nearly canceling each other out, as far as thrust angles and crabbing sideways. So, the only real symptom is the left rear tire wearing off after 8,000 or so miles. I could spend about $1800 for a used axle assembly, plus labor and "peripherals" to fix the tire wear problem. At that point, the truck would crab to the right slightly. To fix that, I asked a frame shop about straightening it. They indicated it would be about $1000 for that, provided the frame didn't have any hidden damage.