Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube playback. Anybody getting problems with youtube videos running so fast that all you're getting is vertical streaks and the red time bar also moving very quickly?
 
Followup. Well, I don't know what happened there, but a restart corrected it. It was even having the same effect on the banner ads at the top of the forum pages. This occurred after I tried to access the videos of Hamltonblue on my thread about a Tsunami install into an MTH SD70ACe.
 
Louis - I do remember that song from the early 2000's. Always liked Tommy Iommi...did you know that he played briefly with Jethro Tull in the 60's before forming Black Sabbath?

Being huge Black Sabbath fan (my all-time favorite band) I did know Iommi played with Jethro Tull briefly, are there any recording of them with Iommi? I also know Black Sabbath's original choice for a name was Earth, but thanks to the movie Black Sabbath and Earth was already taken we have the Iconic name. I wonder if they would have had the same success? They got lots of free press because of protests for being satanic, even though it could not be further from the truth. Were they ever banned from playing down south like Iron Maiden? With the exception of San Antonio, Ozzy was banned from that city for other reasons. Speaking of Iron maiden, there first 2 albums are some of the best music ever! I like other iron maiden, but the first 2 are my favorites. I'll never forget the first time heard prowler. I bought the album because of the cover, without hearing a single cut and Prowler as you know is first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCViwXz7zAM For those who may not have heard it.

Kissing? Well OK, but no tongue.

Blessings and good wishes are accepted in the spirit in which they are given. Thanks, and the same to you.

One other thing: “There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say,” returned the nephew. “Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round—apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that—as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!”



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No KISSING,

“Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, benevolence, were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

My favorite piece of literature!

YouTube playback. Anybody getting problems with youtube videos running so fast that all you're getting is vertical streaks and the red time bar also moving very quickly?

I have not had any problems recently, try to do an internet search. My grandson was getting everything in black and white and an internet search turned up a solution.

Merry Christmas King Toot! it's already Christmas Eve for you

Almost Christmas Eve for us here in North America.

Good night Everybody!
 


An early Merry Christmas to you Louis in that case. I don't know what was going on then, maybe because I was accessing links via another link, via the link to the MRforum site. Was trying to get to this guy's y/tube vids actually on y/tube, so I could Subscribe to them. Eventually found that by hi'lighting the links and copying each one in turn and pasting to the search bar on the y/tube page, it worked. Might not be the techy way, but if it skins the cat, I'm happy. (not nice for the cat though, just as well he's figurative)
 
Well fellers I finally managed to keep an internet connection going long enough to get some of those paper/card-stock structures printed off. If my brain isn't too foggy from the pain killers I may give a go at one of them later on. Probably not. NO reason to push it. AFter taking some meds earlier I'm completely on a roller-coaster ride of falling asleep at the drop of a dime.
But that's ok, I got plenty of time and ain't punchin no time clock.
E.
 
IRON MAIDEN! OH YEA! Great show!

The "Iron Maidens" tribute band is very much worth checking out, those girls ROCK!

Imma run to the hills and check em out right now!

Merry Christmas!
 
Good evening. The younger generations keep us so busy we are about worn out. Having a nice visit though.

Just stopping in now to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I font know know if I'll have a chance to post more for a couple of days.
 
Good morning. I'll take a sticky bun with my coffee today. Starting off at 7 above with clear skies. The forecast for the weedend is a winter weather advisory. Already have snow, but a white Christmas with snow falling will be nice.

David - The Horseshoe Meadow Deport is really nice. Well done.
Later.


Chet: Thanks for the compliment on the H M Depot, it still needs a fair amount of work done on it and various things to add like I mentioned to Willie below. That structure started off life as the second set of walls from the original kit that a buddy bought and of course he kept all the window & door castings along with the other details so I didn't have a way to easily finish it even to the point it is now. The window castings seem to be an odd sized and none I checked out fit anywhere near properly.

There is an inside stair case the goes up to the second floor which is a stained wood floor. I want to add a desk and some other furniture as well as a wood stove that will vent up and out the smaller chimney and a brick chimney that extends up from the first floor.


Good Morning again. Got home late last night and got up at the normal time of 4:30. After stoking the fire and taking BP meds, I laid back down and slept until 7:30...I don't usually do that. Had a most excellent time at my brother's surprise 60th birthday party last night. Lots of rush hour accidents and 26 miles of freeway construction on the major freeways in Dallas made the trip in take two hours (planned), while the trip home at 10:30 took only one hour. Quite the difference.
Earlier in the day in the train shed, I made the decision to go ahead and use #4 turnouts instead of #6 on the expansion that I pictured yesterday. With that plan, I did start to add roadbed and nail down a little track, but the plan is stalled because I don't have any #4 RH turnouts...won't be visiting the LHS until the week after Christmas. I knew this in advance, so it wasn't a disappointment; I have plenty of other projects to do anyway.

David - Great little depot picture.
Everybody have a great pre-Christmas Eve.
Willie


Willie: Thanks for the compliment on the Depot pic, that was taken with my old 8Mp cell phone camera, I done a couple of little things to it and need to do more to finish it up better. One of the things I want to do is to print up some new signs and use kerning to space the letters a little further apart on the main, 'Horseshoe Meadow Depot' sign. I also want to make the, 'Jeffreys' Dinner' sign a little bit larger and I have a couple of more signs such as the ticket agents sign to attach as well as the REA sign and even routing sign or to let approaching trains know if the station track being used or not? Actually I also need to make another switch for a storage track or two in the engine yard area in the foreground area looking at the station. I also need to populate the platform area with a few more people and a baggage cart.





David Great photos David, thank you!!! We have to talk to Santa, you should defiantly be on the nice list, must be a clerical error.



Louis: Thanks for the compliment on the photos, it's appreciated! Now as far as the issues between me and Santa, I'll have to be honest and say he has me pretty well pegged, but your thought my just help? It's only a day away now but I won't get my hopes up for any more train stuff except another lump of coal. Hey, that's ok, I can break it up and I have a few coal burners like the little Tea Kettle's and one or two others.

If it's a big lump of coal like I'm expecting I can always ship some to Curt or one of the other guy?



Afternoon All,

Did some cleaning around the house today. I did some odds and ends on the layout for awhile also.

CA Dave- Nicely done on the depot. Cool little loco. I have a similar one that a friend passed on to me along with a Lionel pocket watch (that I put in a display case) that belonged to his father that had passed away. He said I would appreciate it, which meant a lot to me.

20161223_150850_zpss3wmivnq.jpg


I hope everyone has a good night.


Curt: Thanks for the compliment on the depot, I think one of the things that adds a lot to it is that I used, Micro Glaze to form the individual window pains in a very easy way as all window and doors were white metal. The Micro Glaze needs to be applied in a fairly generous fashion which looks like your applying way too much but it levels itself out and fills in very nicely. I've also used it on my MDC Climax Loco shell doors and windows with very good results. It doesn't seem to want to adhere to Bachman plastic for some reason.

As far as your Old Time 0-6-0 Tea Kettle, that's a neat Loco Btw, I believe that was a nicer Loco than the original 0-4-0 I got about 45 years ago. Your's looks to have a metal body as does my old one which I still have but it's an open frame motor where the newer ones have fairly large Can motors to them with a fair amount of torque. The Loco pictured actually had a decoder in it I think, that the light front edge you see in the Right front window about the same height as the top of the Cab side windows and it stuck out of the back of the Cab a little bit. I sold that one to my friend Joe about two years ago as he has DCC with an NCE Throttle. I don't think you can find a Loco like yours around anymore?



An early Merry Christmas to you Louis in that case. I don't know what was going on then, maybe because I was accessing links via another link, via the link to the MRforum site. Was trying to get to this guy's y/tube vids actually on y/tube, so I could Subscribe to them. Eventually found that by hi'lighting the links and copying each one in turn and pasting to the search bar on the y/tube page, it worked. Might not be the techy way, but if it skins the cat, I'm happy. (not nice for the cat though, just as well he's figurative)


Say Toot: Merry Christmas to you and your wife! I somehow think your in the same boat with me though as your full of the Devil too! LoL.


Every one have a great Christmas Eve and of course a Great Christmas and safe one too!!
 


Good Morning All. It's quite foggy and 47° today, after a full day of drizzle yesterday. Forecast is for upper 60's to mid 70's for the next five days with about a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Spent a lot of time yesterday assisting with the Christmas Eve/Christmas Day food preparation with my wife.
Trainwise, I recently ordered three circuit boards for some Kato engines that had shorted out some time back. They arrived yesterday and I installed them. Two were basically "plug and play" in a pair of SD40's, but the one for the SD40-2 required some de-soldering on the old board and new soldering on the new one. All three were successful in the end. I never knew what happened to the one in the SD40-2; but I suspected something when it happened to the first SD40. So in an effort to verify what I thought, I repeated what I did and that was a correct assumption...thus #3.

Sauced07 - I always looked forward to that usually 11 day holiday break when I still worked. Enjoy your time.
Dave - Glad that you could find time to stop in. I have been keeping up with the pictures that you have recently been adding to your build thread.
Louis - As far as I know, there were no actual recordings of Tommy's time in Jethro Tull. He does appear in the "Rolling Stones Rock & Roll Circus" film (filmed in 1968), miming the guitar parts of a song from their first album which was released before he became a member. That film sat in the vault until 1995.

Not many visitors in the Coffee Shop yesterday, I'm sure that folks are planning/preparing/dreading the upcoming Christmas holiday.
With that in mind, everybody have a Merry Christmas and be safe.

Willie
 
Never got to see JT but Ian was touring some kind of solo show in the 90's and I got to see him do the one legged flute thing and they did a few Jethro Tull tunes. It was mostly acoustic accept for a couple like "Locomotive Breath" which does NOT work acoustic and that was AWESOME to see live!
 
Morning all! Any chance of getting some eggs and corned beef hash with this here coffee? Heading off to Lowes for some painting materials and such. I'm gonna price out the lumber for the layout while I'm there. I love spending money in my head that I don't have in my wallet!!
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I just got called, guess i wont be home for Christmas. Someones got to move this freight. At least i will get Holliday pay back home tomorrow. Please be safe in your travels. Ron
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I just got called, guess i wont be home for Christmas. Someones got to move this freight. At least i will get Holliday pay back home tomorrow. Please be safe in your travels. Ron

A Special Thanks and yes, Prayers to all who must toil while we Party!
 
I'm Back - lol. Not too much on the wear and tear front, but I would be amiss to say that there is no pain involved.
Ha, Ha .. Long as I don't move - it doesn't hurt. Couple days and I should be much much better.
On the weather front .. We had on and off rain for three days
Wishing Everyone A Very Merry Christmas
 
Afternoon All,

Did some detail part painting earlier and now I'm just taking it easy. I probably won't be in tomorrow.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate during this time of year.

Dave- I guess I missed you going back to MN at some point. Wouldn't be the first time I missed something:confused:.

Sherrel- Good to seeing you checking back in. I'm glad things went well. Don't overdo it while the family is there. Please thank your Son-in-Law for his service.

Ron- I wish you safe travels.

I hope everyone has a good night.
 


Good afternoon fellow Rail Workers & Spike Drivers,

Hi Flo and Francine, Merry Christmas Eve, how about a cup of joe with some pumpkin spice creme and a slice of Mince-Meat pie with Brandy sauce if you happen to have any? No Brandy sauce, hah, but you do have some brandy. Ok, then you can pour a bit on top, that sounds good!

The weather is fairly cool at about 34* and some fairly large clouds that possibly could bring more rain. I read .21"s yesterday but I had a fair amount of rain since then, let me see what I've got now? The gauge read .62 from yesterday late afternoon till now at about 2:50 Pm. That gives me a total rainfall of 5.91"s


Sherrel: Glad to see you posting again, sorry to hear you have some discomfort from the surgery but that will get better day by day as your only too well aware.

I glad too that your Marine Son-in-law is there to help you out. As Curt said also, kindly let him know I also appreciate his service to our Great Nation that soon will be again!! Tell him too I know several other Marines in my area.


Curt: I thought I mention that the Woodland Scenics Just Plug lighting system would offer you three individual rheostats to which several lights could be hooked to each as far as your signals. That should do away with having to solder any resistors in line.


I hope everyone has a very good Christmas Eve and a great Christmas!

David Smith
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top