Evening fellow Rail Layers & Spike Drivers,
Hi Flo & Francine, Things seem busy down here at Jeffreys' Dinner. How about a nice warm bowl of Chili with onions and some Colby and Jack cheeze, that sounds good to me! Coffee of course.
It's a cold one tonight, a quick check of the enclosed back porch read 44 so it about 34 outside? Let me check Wounderground Weather to see what they say?
Clear at 31.5 °F, Feels Like 32 °F;
Winds are Variable from the ENE at 3 mph;
Tomorrow is forecast to be Cooler than today.
Today High 52 | Low 29 °F
0% Chance of Precip.
Yesterday's High 56.7 | Low 51 °F
Precip. 0 in
Pressure 30.02 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Clear
Windchill 31 °F
Dew Point 30 °F
Humidity 93%
Rainfall 0.00 in?? Per my National Weather Service Rain Gauge for yesterday, Thursday and Wednesday night I had 3.15" of rain.
Snow Depth Not available.
Good morning Everybody!
It’s 18 with 35% humidity here in southeast Baltimore.
I walked my wife to her car at 4am and watched her drive away until she was out of sight. Standing there on my porch in my shorts and t-shirt I was having second thoughts about not getting dressed before walking her out. I’m not worried about any one thinks of my bright white, skinny legs,but baby it’s getting cold outside!
[/B]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Say Louis: That a tad chilly to be out in shorts it seems? The HO Loco is nice looking and the price seems right. Too bad I'm in an earlier time period, the little folks would never understand.
Good Morning All. 48° and overcast skies this morning. Strange because it was 36° when I hit the sack last night...warmed up overnight headed for 73 today. Low Saturday night is forecast to be 17°...quite a drop! Glad that I am not in Montana or Michigan right now. Saw some scenes of the cold weather in Washington DC yesterday on TV, very unusual to see certain politicians with their hands in their own pockets. Went grocery/beer shopping yesterday, and was pleased that both the check-out guy and the grocery bagger at Kroger said "Merry Christmas" instead of the politically-correct "Happy Holidays". Same with the Salvation Army folks in front of the store. Got our Christmas tree up, and the lights/decorations out of the attic...need to find someplace for them at ground level!
Once again I didn't spend a lot of time in the train shed due to other seasonal stuff. While running trains, I noted that it's been a while since I "dusted & cleaned" some railcars. Especially noticeable on black tankers after I touch them. So I cleaned about two dozen and replaced plastic wheels with metal ones on three of them while off the tracks. I do have to dust and remove cobwebs about every two years. More to come.
Speaking of Jeffery, Like others, I knew him on several other forums as well. He had even started his own forum "Rails of the World", which was still available but not updated until sometime earlier this year...now it no longer accepts my password.
David - Always add acid to water, never the reverse when you try to revive the battery.
Everybody have a great Friday and Merry Christmas.
Willie
Say Willie: Thanks for your concern and pertinent reminder advice. I appreciate it as I was going to have to have to look it up but alas, I took the battery down to the NAPA store to see if could be possibly be charged and my friend their said it was dead and brought up a new one for me so I'm fixed for now. I also got a large container of Green slime to put in the tires to seal up leaks as it seems most of the tires have a slow leak.
I like your comment on the Politicians, very fitting but maybe soon to change? I'm also glad to hear that individuals are again starting to wish everyone a Merry Christmas as it should be to my thinking.
Thanks for your the Christmas wish too and too you as well !!
Hey, CA DAVID!
Been trying to call you to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i GUESS THAT YOU ARE OUT ON THE TOWN CELEBRATING!
Say Sherrel: sorry that you couldn't get through to my Cell Phone. No, I haven't been anywhere, it's due to my Cellular provider not have the current IME
Sherrel-i like the commie comment! Yes you guys need the rain. I go to Kernville everyother year gold prospecting and that Kern river was at a trickle last time i was there.
Garry-thanks i just woke up and didnt get any cookies!
Chet-if you're famiar with the City of Canyon Diablo and its Sheriffs (that didnt last too long) a coworker that i worked with a few months ago said him and his wife look for artifacts around that area. He said his wife found an old Sheriffs badge. Just think if that badge could be authinticated!
Willie-thanks, Mina made it through the night, but i dont believe she is going to be with us much longer. SUCKS, she has been the best dog!
Thanks everyone who told me a little about Jeff, i wish i could have met him.
Im showing to get called around 2300 on a Z train to head back home. The only problem is there is a high wind advisory on the Clovis sub (Winds can reach over 100mph through the canyon just East of Belen, it has blown several trains over this last year) and the lineup may fall several hours. BUMMER!
Have a good one everyone!
RON
Ron:Good luck riding the Z train back home, 100+mph winds through the canyon the train goes through doesn't sound very good. I hope it doesn't affect you!
Sorry to hear about your dog Mina, they do become part of the family. Dog is God spelled backwards! My best wishes to you and your wife and Mina's health.
Afternoon All,
Ran downtown earlier and stopped at the LHS. They did have the fencing I wanted from Tichy, but not their 40 ft flat car kit. With the fencing I finished up the station project and made the sign for the display also.
I think my next quick project is that I'm going to add 2 warning horns on poles similar to what the Pennsy had on the "slide" for excessive speed on the section of my layout I have named Running Bear Pass in honor of Jeff.
Karl- Good luck to your wife on her exam.
NG- Nice looking B&O car. Is it metal? It looks like it to me in the picture.
Louis- Nice looking loco. Is it one of yours?
Milw113- Everybody needs an obsession...I mean hobby!
Garry- It's a small world.
I hope everybody stays warm and has a good night.
Say Curt: That's a cute idea of having the little bobber caboose on display, don't you run it?
Here is a link to a nice story.
A CN freight train conductor saved the life of a cat that climbed onto a locomotive and road in frigid weather for a long distance under the train.
https://gma.yahoo.com/train-conduct...rozen-ice-181548956--abc-news-topstories.html
Say Garry: That does sound like an interesting story alright. Thanks for posting it.
RON - Stillstruggling with a couple of puker issues, so will be posting a few short vibes to see if I am making any headway.
Very sorry to hear of your doggy's problems. I've lost 3 over the last 13 years (wow, how time has slipped by) and it never gets easier- and you never forget them. Anyway, just sitting here on the couch now with one laying next to me and the other laying with his head on my foot - I was just thinking how sad I am going to be when I lose this baby. Then, with all the issues I have had lately, I am beginning to just hope that I can outlast her. The little one will take up with anyone, but this one certainly is my shadow and She will be lost without me.
View attachment 59725
Sherrel: As I mentioned to Ron, we sure do get attached to our dogs or gods alright, yours looks like she is keeping a close watch on you.
I just landed my train here in Belen Nm. 58 degrees out at 0430, that was a rough nite, im glad we got here fast. Oh and David, Happy Belated Birthday! Now off to sleep!
Say Ron: Thanks for the Birthday wish, it's appreciated.
13 degrees in King George, VA. Dang, that's cold. Takes my enthusiasm to ride the Harley and puts it in the pickup truck.
Hi D&J: Yeah, 13* is a tad too cold to be out riding your Harley if it isn't necessary. The least little bit of water is almost instant ice.
Too late !.... They were very good cookies !....... Burp !
Say Garry: I was hoping you wouldn't be so quick gobbling them down, I wanted a few too!
I wasn't posting because I was plowing out my driveway. Now the dogs have a place to go out and pee. Down to Minus 2 degrees now. Looks like it is all downhill from here.
Say Chet: The weather is getting downright cold here but not as cold as your location, but due to all the moisture in the air here it sure feels cold!!
Also, I forgot to wish you and your wife a belated Congratulation on your 45th. Wedding Anniversary!