Running Bear's August 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
My son doesn't like the area or the politics either, but he likes his job. He works for Wisconsin Lift, inside sales. I've been to visit a couple of times. it's pretty, but there's not much to do if you aren't an outdoorsman, and he and I are city boys. 🤷‍♀️ It was a good career move for him, and I told him to grab it. Good opportunities don't come often, and if you pass one, there may not be another. I came to Wisconsin under similar circumstances. You follow the money. Kids to feed!
Totally understand the reasoning. We moved up because my mom and dad purchased a campground on the Lake. Terry did not want to teach in the Chicago schools so we thought we’d try up north for a few years. 1976 to 2014 were those few years. Great area and good schools, though not sure about the schools now. Terry was an administrator her last 30 years working in the Wausau School District. Politics here in Dane County are polar opposite of Marathon County so it’s an interesting contrast
 
Typical August weather for the next week. Low to mid 80's, low humidity, and not a raindrop in sight.

I planted my Fall veg seeds this morning. I've never done late Summer/early Fall sweet peas so this will be an experiment. Spinach, Tuscan Kale, and Buttercrunch seeds were also placed.

Willile,
A real oddity at my mom's house. We tried experimenting with Okinawan sweet potatoes last year with very little success. We planted beets and carrots in that plot this year. There must have been some of the roots in the ground because she has 2 plants vining out. Both of them had also developed potato berries, but my mom picked them off. I've never seen those on any of my regular potato plants. The only thing I can think of that caused the new growth was our mild winter. We never had more than a few frosts, no real freeze. I also think the fertilizer I used for the beets & carrots may have jump started them. It will be interesting to see if there is anything harvestable when the vines die off. I don't have my hopes up though.
 


Been looking for a camera for my cab ride videos and for the occasional tunnel inspection. Bought a small $40 one off of amazon. Super clear when not moving, pixelated when moving. I’m sure it was loaded with Chinese spyware too. Not gonna work.

But then I found a Sony AS100V on eBay, just like the one I borrowed from my co-worker. Price…$25. Mint condition. Works great! So if you are looking for “cab ride” camera, this one works really well for HO or bigger.

There are a lot of these on eBay right now.

IMG_1869.jpeg
 
I cut half the backyard a little bit ago. I didn't get to it until 1430 as it was wet until after noon. This stuff grows so fast I can't hardly keep up with it. I just cut this Thursday and it was as high today as it was then.

I lowered the mower to the ground. It took a bit to get through it, but I guarantee I won't be cutting it in another five days. I hope it all dies and the sun cooks what I left.
 


Do you use links and chop them up
I usually use the Banquet brown n serve, sometimes vienna sausage. Put whatever you like. I just chop them up and throw them in. salt n pepper. Cheese of your choice - normally american or cheddar for me. Eat with salsa.

Edit: I try to make biscuits also. I never get them to be fluffy, mostly bricks, but they taste good anyway. load them up with the same concoction, wrap and freeze.
 
Last edited:
Good evening folks, it only hit 95 here today, felt much better. Got the lines and vehicles down on the straight module, it is finishing letting the glue dry before it goes into it's travel tote. Did not glue any people on the module although I did glue the dinosaur peeking around the building. My Missus surprised me with an idea for the train porch, putting a narrow table out there for me to work on larger projects. So I started looking and it looks like they either are 4' long by 2' deep or 6' long and 18" deep. I'll let her decide which way she would prefer as either one would be great for me. Gonna get a couple more of those little 3 drawer rolling cabinets from Walmart too, to help store stuff.
 

Attachments

  • ttrak67.jpg
    ttrak67.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 20
  • ttrak68.jpg
    ttrak68.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 16
Got an afternoon eye doc appt today. Going to suck with all the rush hour train loads. This one is for pre-op and whatever they want to talk about. I hope they don't dilate my eye again as that's getting old. But this time, I'm taking my eye patch that I kept forgetting to take before, got it from the base eye doc. I don't have dark sun glasses as I keep losing or breaking them. I just have $8 smoked safety goggles that I used at work.
 
I usually use the Banquet brown n serve, sometimes vienna sausage. Put whatever you like. I just chop them up and throw them in. salt n pepper. Cheese of your choice - normally american or cheddar for me. Eat with salsa.

Edit: I try to make biscuits also. I never get them to be fluffy, mostly bricks, but they taste good anyway. load them up with the same concoction, wrap and freeze.
Cool! Thanks!
 
Good evening folks, it only hit 95 here today, felt much better. Got the lines and vehicles down on the straight module, it is finishing letting the glue dry before it goes into it's travel tote. Did not glue any people on the module although I did glue the dinosaur peeking around the building. My Missus surprised me with an idea for the train porch, putting a narrow table out there for me to work on larger projects. So I started looking and it looks like they either are 4' long by 2' deep or 6' long and 18" deep. I'll let her decide which way she would prefer as either one would be great for me. Gonna get a couple more of those little 3 drawer rolling cabinets from Walmart too, to help store stuff.
Nice!
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top