ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Got lucky and had a seat on the train on the long runs. I also saw this soba/udon shop at the local train station that we had to transfer at. I haven't seen one of these is decades. I can understand why it was empty as it was too hot to eat hot stuff like that.
Not kusojiji, but yes, those vertical strips on the left appear to be the menu. It’s very common in Japan for the menu to be posted out front of most restaurants. At many places (not so much kiosks) it’s a complete plastic version of the various food plates.
Morning All! 70 in the Brew City today, going to a mild 76. Nice, but I'm seeing that summer is beginning to slip away! I see the forum is off its meds again today! It's frustrating, takes 2-3 tries to load anything and posting? Hah! Started trying to post this at 11:30Stuff to do today, so I'll probably be scarce. Enjoy your day!
Karl I'm the same with steps, going up is pretty good and going down requires a bit of extra attention. Chad thank you. Anyway I took it easy today as my Missus figured I might be ... umm ... well, not so diplomatic returning the cable boxes. She's due back soon so I will take her for some dinner before Church.
You guys have a good night.
As far as I am concerned, this forum has died. Not only from a lack of functionality, but also from a lack of active participation.
I've gotten all of the usual error messages, and I still stand by my opinion that it is not "the bots". If it's a monetary issue, I have offered help as have a couple of other Coffee Shop patrons. If it's a technical issue, I am sure that we have a few here who could remotely fix it if enabled.
Hate to see it go, as it is was the best model railroad forum around. I'll still attempt to check in every now and then, but my patience is wearing thin.
I've had a few problems today but was always able to get in. Today was the worst as some of the time it required multiple refreshes.
Over the past week I seem to have avoided the most egregious days of forum failure as I've not had that hard of a time getting in this week/last week. Occasionally a failure but a refresh usually gets in. I did not log in much over the last weekend and freely admit that I'm probably just lucky with my timing (I'm not trying to say there are no issues).
This and the JNSForum are the only two forums for model railroads I check and for this one, it's mostly just the coffee shop (though I occasionally peruse other topics)
Yeah, that would be better. I've been thinking of doing that myself and making some custom mixes with some wagyu fat and maybe some pork. I'd need to buy a food processor.
Yes they are. They each have the type, such as tempura, squid, or fried onions on the top of the card and you choose soba or udon noodles.
A long time ago, there used to be the drive by ramen guy. He would drive his truck around town with his kinda eerie sounding horn blaring away. You just go out, wave him down and get your ramen with whatever fixings he had. All good winter food.
And, I like you too! Your stories and experiences are interesting and enlightening.
He hasn't been driving it for the past week. I don't know if he loaned it out, wrecked it, or if it's in the shop. I see him coming home from work in a beat up pickup I guess owned by a co-worker or friend.
For the last couple of months though, I wouldn't have heard it anyway. The room A/C I run in the bedroom drowns out most outside noises including most thunder except for the loud stuff.
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree. My data may be skewed since I am in a way different timezone, but when I do check patronage, the numbers are always low with only us guys on at most times, along with all the guests. It's too bad. And I'm in if the call for arms (or funds) is sounded!
It's the server causing all of these problems and until Bob can get a different one this is going to be the norm very few if any new members and old ones leaving I'm sure there are alternative server companies out there
Just my 2 cents
Good morning at 12:49am. The forum is flowing nicely for the 1st time for me since early Tuesday.
If it dies it dies but I do want to thank Bob for keeping it going all these years.
Also, like others I have felt for years this is the best of the model train forums I have found. Not necessarily the best for modelers but much much better than 90% of the others. It is the best because of the men and some women who have stopped by and shared their modeling expertise and life stories. Very few issues between personalities and as we all know that’s rare in today’s world where direct confrontation is becoming the norm.
To Terry, thank you for being even handed, very understanding but firm when you needed to be. Being a moderator is a tough job. You have through personal tough times for you made sure we all toed the line with some stepping over at times allowed.
I’ve tried going back numerous times to the MRH forums but it’s just not the same as here. The diner is, let’s just say under used. There are good modelers there but it’s got big user numbers and personalities do flair up there. Most likely I’ll continue to visit but like the last 4 years I’ll contribute little. The MODELERS FORUM (modelersforum.com) is where the small crew that was left when the RAILROAD LINE FORUMS went down moved to. I still go and say hi at GEEZERS LOUNGE but contribute little elsewhere though for modeling expertise and continuing documented progress it is IMO the place to be. The skills shared are extraordinary.
Even if this forum stays alive I don’t see it going back to the dynamic place it had become these past years. I am hoping that this thank you note is premature but I just wanted to thank all of you for allowing my stories, my threads, my health issues and rants without publicly judging me. It’s meant alot to just come here and say hi to you guys!