Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


OK, so something happened today that still has me reeling.

I had lunch with my friend Chris, who just happens to be the pastor of our church. It was lunch at my usual place, nothing special. Thing is, by the end of the lunch, I had become the new associate pastor of our church!

There has been a little talk back and forth about stuff, and I've been praying for God to open a door for my ministry training that I've been doing, so in that sense it's not a huge surprise. I just was waiting on God to open the door, and then today the door is not only open, but the red carpet is rolled out.

It's quite humbling, and it comes with a huge sense of awe and responsability. In a sense, there's almost some relief too, since now I can move forward in ministry with God's blessing.

Wow.......I need to go pray!
 
Day

Philip that is good news , You will be in my prayers and mya God continue to guide your way ! here's some pictures of a really beautiful day on the Niagara River !!!!!;) ;)
 
Howdy again......

Philip congratulations on become an associate pastor. May you be a very real blessing to your membership and your community in that role! I will keep you in my prayers for blessings on your work.

Nice photos Paul!

I managed to get a sack of corn at a Mennonite Farm stand nearby and have been busy canning corn all evening. Since it takes 70 minutes of cooking at 10 lbs. pressure it takes more time than beans and some other veggies. But the price was right and their corn has been great this year. I am on the second batch right now and will do the rest in the morning. Total right now of 13 pints, should get about 5 more.

Closest I got to model railroading today was carrying the 4' x 8' sheet of masonite down the cellar steps.........
 


Heard some good news from the Daughter. They finally got there power back on in their N. Houston neighborhood.

Say what you will about football and injuries, but there are many plus's gained by a youngster by playing that outweigh the small chance of serious injury:self discipline, self esteem, teamwork, courage, learning that hard work is rewarded, etc. Yes, some of this can be had by other sports, but none require the amount of fortitude learned in football. Besides, many of the injuries you know of, could have been prevented with proper conditioning and training. I played from Jr. High through High School with many bumps and bruises and don't regret a minute and I didn't have to change my panties after a game like in soccer.:rolleyes:

Time to listen to the Prez about the you know...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I ain't been around lately fellas. I had a relapse on my GI infection and then last Thurs we got news that my wife's Mom had died suddenly. We had the funeral Saturday and we're all still in shock.

Things still hectic, so gotta go for now.
 
09-25-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning.

It's 66 and clear. Today's high will be in the mid 80's and it will be mostly sunny (isn't that like, partly cloudy?).

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/25/2008


Wind Chill: 65°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 65°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NE

Today High: 85 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly clear. Lows around 60. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010040.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was a chilly 57 F as I ventured onto the road this morning. High today will be 68 F with a lot of rain coming. It may rain clear through the weekend.

No modeling last night.

My daughter had her first school volleyball game yesterday. Her school won 25-21 and 25-17. She played on the 1st team which played the first game. She did good in her first ever interscholastic contest. Her serves still need work. She did have a couple of good digs and sets. (I now have to learn a whole new sports vocabulary.) Considering two weeks ago she had never played a game of volleyball I was impressed.

We also had our Cub Scout Recruitment Night. We signed up 5 new scouts. This puts us back at the same number we had last year when our Webelos 2’s crossed over.

Tonight looks like football practice in the rain.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning from Sunny and still beautiful Western New York ! Another fall day with lots of sun and temperatures in the low seventies. The calm before the North easterner hits . Ray I'll be over for some of your can goods. use to do allot myself but have not lately . just got back for the Farmer's Market and I'm going to stuff some green peppers. Carey my prayers are with you and your family at your loss. We just lost my Mother In law this past spring but she had been sick for a long time. It's hard no matter when . well my water is boiling so have to run .Hope you have a real nice day .
 
Mornin' everyone!

Paul stuffed green peppers....... Mmmmm Maybe I'll make up some myself tonight.

Tom with the program you have planned, I bet the pack will show some growth this fall. Reminds me, I need to get to work on a couple promotional slide shows. Congrats on your daughter's team win!

I need to finish canning the corn while it is still good this morning and then make a quick trip to a school south of here to deliver a box of CDs. So I best get moving. Oh, and the weather here is exactly the same as Paul said only a couple hours later.......
 


We're minus a neighbor here. My neighbor across the road to the south of me passed on last night. He was in his 90's. He kept going right on up to the end. I saw him working out in the yard Tuesday afternoon.
 
Afternoon, everyone.

CJ, sorry to hear you've been sick and my deepest sympathy to your wife and the family. Losing a parent is never easy. :(

Phillip, congratulations on your associate pastor appointment. You've always seemed like the kind of guy that I'd go to for spiritual guidance so I'm sure they have made a good choice.

Paul, clear blue skies on the Niagara River...and it's not 10 below zero. :) Can't ask for better than that.

Ray, I can't believe some woman hasn't snatched you up yet. Just your canning skills alone make you prime husband material. :D

Rex, glad to hear your daughter has power again. I know how grateful I feel when we get power back when it's only been off a few hours. I imagine it's a real relief for them. I don't regret playing high school football either. I suffered my share of bumps and bruises but there is something about being something bigger than yourself, with everyone working toward a common goal. I've learned many of the lessons of being part of a football team and used them in my adult life.

Jeffrey, sorry about neighbor but he sounds like my kind of guy. I wouldn't mind living until 90 if I could still be out doing what I liked every day.

Looks like the boys on Capitol Hill have worked out something that resembles a bailout plan. No one know the details yet or what points of contention are still on the table but the market is up 250 points. Sometimes even the stock market lives on hope.

Another nice day here in Dixie with a temperature of 86 and low humidity. It did actually get down to 57 last night, which is the coolest temperature we've had since May 17th. No sign of rain here but you guys for North Carolina up the coast are going to get some really high winds and rain this weekend. The low is extratropical so it doesn't qualify for a name but it would be a tropical storm if it had formed a few hundred miles further south.
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Ray, I can't believe some woman hasn't snatched you up yet. Just your canning skills alone make you prime husband material. :D

Just lucky I guess......;) ;) :D

Jeffrey sorry to hear you lost a neighbor, but 90's and still on your own. That's a great lifetime. My personal hero is a local Black Artist who is still in his own house, mows his own lawn, shovels his own snow, and gets upset when I try to gentle him out of moving tables and chairs by himself helping with set up for our MLK Dinner. He is 95 or 96 not sure which. And, I might add, a true gentleman and a friend to all!
 
Whoa! Did you see it....?
No.1 Southern Cal soundly defeated by Unranked Oregon State 27-21

Just more proof that preseason polls are worthless. The preseason polls are only based on are past statistics, hypothetical situations with untested teams, wishful thinking, and down-right favoritism. Heck, we shouldn't have any polls until October.:p Come-onnnn BCS poll. You ain't perfect, but you are better. :D

Jim: The main problem I had in football was everyone kept growing while I stopped.......only my bruises got bigger:D :D .

Hey, if some of you haven't tuned in on the thread "Ideas for making a Highway", you should. Jim, Ken, Jos, and several others have made some very good contributions to that thread.

Well, my modeling is still going on with ballasting and some ground cover. I am also involved in wiring with a couple more detection blocks. These are booger bears, as they have two, very DCC troublesome, handlaid, two connected, inline turnouts, i.e. this equals gapping, jumpers, power feeds, smoke test;)

Bed time. CUL:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

It's 66 and clear. The high should be in the mid 80's with plenty of sunshine.

I have to take my mother's car to the dealership in DeRidder this morning to find out why the check engine light won't go off. The local mechanic can't tell why because the cars computer won't let his computer in. My father is gonna follow me there in his car so we'll be coming back together. That's good. I'll have him stop at Wal-Mart so I can get a loaf of bread and some cheese. I cleaned off the layout yesterday and found the other tracks again. Gave it all a good vacuuming to remove the excess WS ground foam that's been spreading around from the areas I've been working on.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/26/2008


Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Today High: 85 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010055.jpg
 
Good Morning ! A bit chilly at 46 but going up to 70 so not too bad here no the Niagara Frontier. The rain is expected this afternoon and suppose to last the whole weekend off and on . Well it was nice while it lasted . Steve good luck with the physicals . Hope all turns out for the best . Jeffrey sorry to hear about your neighbor , like Ray says "that is a good long life". Well have to get my butt into gear and hope you all have a real nice day !!!!!
 
Mornin' everyone!

Currently 63°F with a massive high this afternoon of 62°F under cloudy skies waiting for some rain from that low moving up the coast today.

I am off to deliver some CDs to a customer today and then, hopefully some Model railroading before I go to a banquet (NAACP Local Chapter) tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!
 


Sorry I ain't been around lately fellas. I had a relapse on my GI infection and then last Thurs we got news that my wife's Mom had died suddenly. We had the funeral Saturday and we're all still in shock. Things still hectic, so gotta go for now.

CJ- this is the first I have had time to review the coffee shop posts for this week. I am very sorry to hear of your MIL's passing. Please express my sympathy to Pam.

I know you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Please hang on to being well enough to attend the ARG Irondale gathering.
Let me know if you need transportation. I need someone to keep Jim and Rex occupied while I make train pictures.;)
Mikey
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top