Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Afternoon everyone!

Philip I will have to look up the story of the little country church that was being painted by its members............ Seems somehow appropriate.

According to the weather people it is 63°F outside right now with a high of 66° this afternoon. Cloudy with a small chance of a thunderstorm later on. So, why is there a definite mist falling out of the sky? Just enough to have you turn on the windshield wipers every now and then..............

Since it is icky outside, I may as well work on the layout. Have to be down there and wash some clothes anyway, so.............

Have a great day!
 
Good morning from Coarsegold, at a cool but very comfortable 50*f.

Glad to see/hear that everyone is enjoying themselves.


Jim - You Asked:
David. I keep meaning to ask you, do you take Paypal?

No, in order to offer the best pricing I can, the only way I can determine to conduct business is to supply the items directly to the customer without incurring any additional expense than necessary.

While there my be a bit of uncertainty as to weather to trust me in sending a check or money oreder in advanse to me it must be remembered that I also stand to loose in this deal too!

Suppose I order product a customer states they want and then they don't pay for it? That means I'm stuck with the merchandise or have to pay a restocking fee to my supplier to send it back. This has already happened to me here but I hesitated to mention any name. I'm very sure if I even tried to do this once it woul be all over the forum and rightly so! No, I have No intention of cheating anybody! But now I'm stuck with un wanted merchandise from this past indicent, so you see the pendulum swings both ways!
Also how about if a customer sends me a bad check that I try to deposit, I'm the looser in this situation too as far as time and loss of money the bank requires and their charges are pretty steep.

A costomers canceled check or money order will prove payment was accepted and I will ship via USPS or UPS with signature required to verify delivery was made.

Speaking of PayPal:
I won the bid on an item on ebay and went through Paypal and the Clown I won the bid from didn't send the merchandise after I'd pay for it so even that avenue doesn't really guarantee anything either as far as being sure what was ordered is received. That also cost me time and loss of income to get my money back too so even these systems don't offer any real surity.

Anybody who is trying to build reputation, as I am, would an idiot to do something like intentionly trying to cheat a member/s on a forum like this!
How long would it be before the word was posted not to trust me? About 2 SECONDS, 'I'm sure', and rightly so.

But that won't be happening as I won't give anyone any reason to do so!

Of course I could also start a list of members who have wronged me so others could also see what's going on? I believe they say, 'Turn Around IS Fair Play'?
Well lets just say I hope I don't have to get to that point as I don't want to.
> > >


Hope everyone has a good week ahead and happy railroading!
 
Hey guys

Well my son has been tring ot for the football team at his new school. He never played the game before but the coach must have seen something in him........He made the cut. Because he's only in 6th grade and new to the game he made third string/practice team His pos. is left guard! I'm impressed! Pic's below of him in his home game uniform with his grand parents! I call him spongbob football pant's:D I hope he likes the game enough to stay with it!:) We're saving up for the wifes sinus polyup surgery so that's on a slight hold for now. The weather here is slowly changing 6 more weeks of hot humid weather left. Hope you guys are doing well!
 


Well, well, well! There is a troll attack going on across the street and this place has been empty most of the day......... Looks like Al has come back to pay a visit over there.

Chris congrats to your son for making the team. It should be a great experience for him and with some work this year, he just might make first string next year!

I have spent most of the afternoon playing phone tag with a soprano........... She wanted to make a quick demo CD for a pre-audition at an opera company but wasn't able to make all the needed connections to do that tomorrow. She does want to make a CD with my business sometime this October. Down cellar, I am making up some more fascia panels to tidy up the look of the place. Waiting on some supplies to get some other work done. Luck I have a multitude of ought to get dones down there not to mention a lot of outdoor stuff that has to be done this Fall. Lucky there are 6 Saturdays in every week for me.
 
Well the Walnut tree is down and into several hundred pcs. My SIL is tremendous help. He cleared all the of the brush away while my neighbor kept his chain saw fired up and cutting like a mad man. His chain saw is one wood eatin sun of a gun. I have never seen a chain saw go thru a 24" pc of log so fast. His saw was cutting twice as fast as mine was going thru the smaller stuff. I id rent a chain saw from the True Value Hardware I work at but got the bar caught as I was felling the tree and pinched the bar on the blade putting it out of commission before I hardly got started. Went to Tractor Supply and Menards looking for a replacement bar and came up empty handed. I bought a new chain saw while i was out and when I got back home Luke (my neighbor and Clint my SIL) had all of the brush cut off of the trunk and they were starting to log out the bigger stuff. The new saw will be returned today saving my self a few bucks. It is now 3:40AM and my shoulders ache, my elbows are throbbing and I can not sleep so here I am.
 
09-22-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning.

It's 72 and clear. The high will be in the upper 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/22/2008


Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 88 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/P1010008-13.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 63 F as I head back to work this morning. Our high today will be 78 F and we will see the sun most of the time.

No modeling this weekend. My son and I did run some trains for a while Sunday night.

It was an extremely busy weekend otherwise. It started on Saturday morning with my son working at his 5th grade Car Wash. The proceeds help to pay for his school camping trip at the end of May. We then went to the Cradle of Birding Festival at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum with our Cub Scout Pack. There we saw some animal shows, and exhibits, and took a nature hike. From there we went to Governor Printz Park in Essington to partake in the Riverfront Ramble. We toured a pirate encampment and the kids played games. Sunday my son had his first JV football game. They lost 7 to 0 but they played a great game and it was one big play that won it for the other team. My son played the entire second half on offense. After the game he said it was the funnest and best game he has played in years. Afterwards we finally did the grocery shopping.

My daughter made the middle school 7th grade volleyball team!

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Fellas ! It's sunny and a bit cool here in Western New York , suppose to hit 67 . A great start to fall . Went picking apples yesterday . A bushel and a half . Boy they always taste good right off the tree. Now much else going on but have to go out and cut the grass with all the rain . Hope you all have a good day !!!!Oh yeah went to my sisters House . Her son is off to Germany after completing jump school training . Her other son just came back from Iraq where he got awarded the Bronze Star , We are very proud of them both !!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' everyone!

Flo I'll just have coffee this morning while I'm munching on one of those apples Paul brought in earlier.

Welcome to Fall everyone (except you folks down under.....). It is a beautiful crisp fall day here in the Finger lakes. Pretty much what Paul is having over in Western, NY. Currently 55°F with a high of 66° later on. I have a lot of odds and ends to work on today and then a Pack Committee meeting to attend tonight so i will be kept busy.

Hope each of you has a great day!
 


Congratulations to Chris and Tom, good sporting achievements your children have earned gents, bet your very proud.

Paul picked my apples last week, boy there was a fantastic harvest this year, last year i got two apples off one tree, this year i got around 70 !!! from the same tree
 
Hopefully i won't be around to pick them,,, i better re phrase that, hopefully i'll be in New Zealand by then :)

Tonights task was to shoe horn a 4-1/2" monster speaker into the Tiger Tank, not a job for the faint hearted, had to cut the gun elevation unit down, trim the battery box and so on, tomorrow I'll mount the speaker so it can't move,,, and fix the wiring down. the base sound from this baby is awesome, i'm going to leave the spare speaker wire connection hand so i can plug it into an amp through the stereo,, it'll shake the house down
pics005.jpg
 
Evening, everyone.

Been busy today moving most of my cash assets to CD's and hoping that they stay in one piece. I've already lost at least 3 cents on the dollar in one money market fund and I think a lot more are about to go under. It's nerve wracking but I think I've now done everything within my power to protect what have. What happens next is up to God. At least from today's trading, it appears the market is not at all calmed by the so-called bailout plan.

Chris, the boy looks like he'll be a tough linesman. I'll bet he hits hard. :eek:

Tom, sounds like you are developing a real family of athletes.

Phillip, I'll bet you guys hustled on the roof when the lighting started. You have more trust in the Lord than me - I would have been down off that roof in a heartbeat. Glad you were able to get the whole job done, although I'm sure your body is paying for it today.

Paul, good luck to your nephew and I'm glad the other one is back from the war zone. Must be a pretty brave soldier to get the Bronze Star. Thank goodness for young people like them who are out there defending my sorry butt! I sure miss my apple trees. We had four of them and this was apple picking time. My late wife made the world's best apple pies. My current wife makes the world best peach cobbler so I think I break even calorie-wise. :)

Ray, sounds like a great start to fall up there. I wish our washing machine was in the basement with the train so I'd have an excuse to throw a load in and then play with the trains for an hour. Unfortunately, we have a laundry room upstairs so I still get to help with the wash but don't get to have any fun while doing so.

Steve, I'm sure your wife is going to be thrilled the first time she hears that Tiger start up through the stereo system. I suspect the first time will be the last time while she's around. :) Looks like way too complicated a job for me to get done anyway.

Rex, I didn't know that Tuscaloosa was rated so high in High School football. They are actually rate #22 in the USA Today poll. Prattville isn't ranked yet because of our loss to St. Xavier, which fell out of the top 25 for the first time in 11 years. Alabama is rated 6 or 8, depending what poll you believe, which is the highest ranking the Tide has gotten since the glory days of Gene Stallings, I think. So far, so good.

Fall got off to a clear and slightly warm start down here with a high of 92 but still with low humidity so it was actually comfortable in the shade. It should get down into the high 50's tonight, which will be the coolest overnight temperatures since mid-May if it comes true.

That tropical disturbance over Puerto Rico is getting better organized and may become a hurricane by Thursday. It's dumped about 20 inches of rain on Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands since Saturday. It still looks like that Mid-Atlantic states low may pop out into the Atlantic by the weekend, just in time to join up with what will be Kyle. If that happens, it could mean tropical storm conditions for everyone from the Carolinas up to Maine so best keep an eye on the forecast if you live along the east coast.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jim hopefully your wrong about the markets for your sake, fingers crossed for ya'll on that side of the pond,,, off to work and it's nice and frosty
 
Good evening everyone!
Nice reading everyone's posts and glad most seem to be doing well. I am still ballasting and with much more to do. I believe a break is due any time and will work on the scenic side of the Mountain View depot and maybe do a few building kits just for a change. The depot area is the one that I have asked about building roads for. BTW: What is the 1950's width of a city street. 24, 26 feet? more? :confused:

JIM:...Alabama is rated 6 or 8, depending what poll you believe.
Jim, you always pick the poll that favors your team.:D :D
Saturday night against #3 Georgia will show us just how much moxy Bama has. There is always a good chance for a win, but even a well played and close game will shine for the Tide.
 
Rex, if you're asking about standard city arterial street, it would have been 41 feet curb to curb within a 60 foot right of way. That grew over the years to a standard of about 50 feet in a 67 foot right of way. 41 feet is about 5.6 inches wide in HO, which you'll probably find too large to fit in your town. I've found about 4 inches still looks OK and you can fit more roads and scenery in the same space. You'll need an extra 1/2" per side for curbs and sidewalks.

There is no poll that favors my team - Ohio State sucks this year! :mad: It's just that the USA Today Poll and the AP Poll move Alabama a little up or down. I agree about Georgia though. A win will put Alabama in the top five and a well played game will at least keep them in the top 10. A blowout by Georgia won't be a good thing.

David, I forgot to include in my previous post that you were reading too much into my question about you taking paypal. I meant in no way to question your honesty or reliability. If you did take paypal, I could pay with my credit card, whcih gives me airline miles. Nothing more than that. I can pay you with an electronic check just as easily.
 
Good morning.

It's 71 and clear. The high will be in the upper 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

This morning I'll be going to see a certified orthotist about having a pair of shoes made. I can't just go to a shoe store and pick out a pair that I like. I wish I could. The last pair lasted 2 years and cost $350 - EACH! I don't know how much the new ones will cost. Today's visit is just to do the measurements and have the castings made. The castings will be sent to a company (in New York I think) that makes custom molded diabetic footwear. A pair of molds will be made from the castings and sent back here for a test fitting. They will then be sent back to the maker along with whatever notes and adjustments the doc comes up with. This information will then be used in the making of the shoes. Wanna know who's paying for all this? You - the American taxpayer. Thank you for making this possible.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/23/2008


Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph E

Today High: 88 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010211.jpg
 


Good morning folks

The van thermometer read 56 F as I hit the asphalt. We are supposed to go up to 72 F. Mostly sunny today but rain is supposed to be coming later this week.

No modeling last night.

I had to spend some time getting Cub Scout awards from the summer together for tomorrow’s meeting. We also had to run out a get a few things for the meeting.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top