Best price I can find on the code 55 for a box of 30 3-foot sections is $149. I need 40 sections so the other 10 I need to buy at $5.50 each plus shipping.
I have since pulled the double slip out of my plans, just due to it's $60 cost.
I also need the following other pieces:
SL-394F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-394F. Crossing 6.06". 10º (5) $18 each
SL-E388F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E388F. Right turnout 6.46". (conductive frog) (7) $19 each
SL-E389F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E389F. Left turnout 6.46". (conductive frog) (5) $19 each
SL-E396F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E396F. Left turnout 5.37". (conductive frog) (1) $16 each
Roadbed - $40
Track Nails - $20
Joiners - $20
That is this plan without the center yards / industries. Those require additional "small" turnouts at $16 each. So another $120 figure.
Adds up quick.
actual output from Anyrail materials list on the layout with the center yards, passenger station on the upper main line, and no yard on the small lower extension:
I have since pulled the double slip out of my plans, just due to it's $60 cost.
I also need the following other pieces:
SL-394F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-394F. Crossing 6.06". 10º (5) $18 each
SL-E388F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E388F. Right turnout 6.46". (conductive frog) (7) $19 each
SL-E389F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E389F. Left turnout 6.46". (conductive frog) (5) $19 each
SL-E396F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E396F. Left turnout 5.37". (conductive frog) (1) $16 each
Roadbed - $40
Track Nails - $20
Joiners - $20
That is this plan without the center yards / industries. Those require additional "small" turnouts at $16 each. So another $120 figure.
Adds up quick.
actual output from Anyrail materials list on the layout with the center yards, passenger station on the upper main line, and no yard on the small lower extension:
Code:
SL-394F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-394F. Crossing 6.06". 10º 5
SL-E388F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E388F. Right turnout 6.46". (conductive frog) 8
SL-E389F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E389F. Left turnout 6.46". (conductive frog) 7
SL-E391F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E391F. Right turnout 4.84". (conductive frog) 1
SL-E392F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-E392F. Left turnout 4.84". (conductive frog) 3
Track lengths
SL-300F, N Peco Finescale Code 55 SL-300F. Flex 36". (wood) 107.73'
Last edited by a moderator:

















