Hawkesburytrain
Well-Known Member
No problem Jim, I'm also one as I've added extra support at some places...just in case.......lol
I also use 1/2" plywood with 1" x 4"s every 24 ". I have used 5/8" in the past but it is overkill. You're only supporting model trains, not body weight.
Willie
That's also my plan, except that since the size of my layout is a little bigger and since I want to see trains running ASAP, I'm going to mix it up a little bit on one section of the layout, but it's a very narrow section with not much happening.
Tony , do you think the 1/2 inch ply will work? I used 5/8 on mine and questioned on spot enough that I put extra support on it . My girders were on 16 inch centers .
Wow, how did I miss this thread until now. Must have been too busy with the Christmas Forest. Guess I missed my shot at doing a design.Thought I would start the "New Indoor Layout" with what I have in mind for the track plan.
Are you limited by space? If not, couldn't you make some small alterations or have them incorporated into the plan? I agree about the need for more industry.
Looks like an interesting plan with a lot of operating in it. Like it Tony. We'll be watching the build. Good luck.
Hope you had a good Christmas with your family.
Looks like fun to build/operate!! I am sure you will do the deluxe job on scenery and buildings!
Looks awesome! I've got one started too that looks similar to yours. Post lots of pics please!! ;-)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, how did I miss this thread until now. Must have been too busy with the Christmas Forest. Guess I missed my shot at doing a design.![]()
Tony, I know that this is intended to replace the HO layout in the house, but in reading all of your various threads I don't recall reading anything regarding the "shed N layout". Has it been abandoned or is just on hiatus due to weather?
Willie
Hi Tony,
Happy New Year to you and your family.
I like the layout design, just my type, full and lots of potential operations.
I also can't wait and see you get started.
GL
YA Tony! Number them so we can keep track, you do some of the best scenery work I've seen on here! Them 'scenes' you film are neato!
I see the sawmill will be a main industry, will the other industries utilize the wood products?
I like it better. The previous version seemed to be almost solid track.This gives me my passenger operations along with some industry and switching/operations for when I get bored just watching trains run. I like this design and while not as complex as the first, provides everything that I am after.
