New ACTRR Updates

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Looks good mike. Your videos are also good on youtube.

You n-scalers are good. I model ho scale and love it, to me its the optimal size but this is just me and my opinion only. Ive thought of n-scale also, i have a 18x18 layout ho scale obviously, but the amount of track in n-scale would be a pretty big layout.

Those little n-scale cars seem so tiny, lol, i dont know how you guys do it. I swear up a storm when im putting together a ho scale structure, some of those parts are so small, i dont know how you n-scalers do it, yes use tweezers, but still :eek:

For the size difference, in my eyes, buying locos in n-scale should be cheaper then ho-scale, the same with rolling stock, but no, prices seem about the same, which is crazy...
 


I am currently in HO, but with a huge amount of space. I have a rather large HO layout planned, that is based on following a prototype mainline, but along the lines of 'what it(it had been electrified). While it's great to be able to consider building my 'dream layout,' its also a challange, too, as I mostly work alone, but am building it with the expectatation of some day 'operating.'

I've given some thought of late, to returning to 3-rail O, as a way to effectively reduce the size of the layout(and time to completion). Over the years, I've stuck to HO, and considered N, but haven't made the jump in any serious way, due to space and 'sunk costs' into HO. At this point, given that I've got more space than I ever reasonably expected, I'm thinking about 'up-scaling'-keeping the same concept, but switching to a larger scale. Means investing in track and buildings, + some sort of control system, but I've all ready decided that I'm probably switching to DCC, and may be able to focus on modeling more of my '1st railroad love,' instead of 'rational love.' I like detailing passenger car interiors, and can do that a lot more in O, than HO. I also love the sound larger trains make, going over sectional track.

If I had space and money , I would do O 3 rail. I have done it in the past and really liked the MTH stuff and Atlas track system. I had a cab forward with sound and what a locomotive !!!!

Mike
 
I finally got the used car lot done , now I need to get out and put it on the layout and blend it in.

DSCN2373.png


DSCN2375.png


Mike
 
Looks real good Mike. In fact I'd love to be an N scale person right now and buy the woody and the 30's pick up, LOL. Very good job.:)
 
Here is what has been on mine this week. I had the depot built but finally got around to making a template and getting it mounted and soon to be installed next to the Used Car Lot.

DSCN2393.png


DSCN2394.png


Mike
 
Today I got out and started to blend the scenery into the mounted Used Car Lot and the Small Depot.

DSCN0001.png


DSCN0002.png


DSCN0003-1.png


DSCN0004-1.png


Mike
 


Hello all , It was time to do another video. I tried to spruce this one up some, so looking for some input.
Just a short update on the completed items lately on the Albuquerque Carnuel & Tijeras.

[video=youtube_share;Kr5Lg71Tqsc]http://youtu.be/Kr5Lg71Tqsc[/video]

Mike
 
Well guys , here we go again. This time on update #30 we will have a look at the new NJ International crossing gates installed on the Albuquerque Carnuel and Tijeras RR.

[video=youtube;zFK3xrxq27E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFK3xrxq27E&feature=em-comment_received&lc=JGg5-CTBMmLlarx1151sM5wbF2kaaDeY9PHhs5jnhF8&lcor=1&lch= email[/video]

Thanks , Mike
 
Here is video #31. I am planning some demolition on the ACT and a slight track change.

[video=youtube_share;qsdFO4X6CMI]http://youtu.be/qsdFO4X6CMI [/video]

Thanks , Mike
 
Mike, I watched Video 31 last night. I'm looking at your height, the back drop, and how much tricky engineering you have in front of you, as you outlined in Video 31. Have you given any thought to raising the current layout 6-8"? Would give you more room underneath, perhaps without having to do all the tricky cuts into the existing support structure. Would mean just a few more turns of the helix, right? Have you given any thought to the helix's from Ashlin? I have one in HO, but haven't built it yet. They come in different sizes, and will customize them to a degree for you. My other thought is to go up from the existing layout and add a second deck. Either way, with enough clearence, it would give you more to scenic, in addition to having somewhere to 'park' a few trains.
 
Mike, I watched Video 31 last night. I'm looking at your height, the back drop, and how much tricky engineering you have in front of you, as you outlined in Video 31. Have you given any thought to raising the current layout 6-8"? Would give you more room underneath, perhaps without having to do all the tricky cuts into the existing support structure. Would mean just a few more turns of the helix, right? Have you given any thought to the helix's from Ashlin? I have one in HO, but haven't built it yet. They come in different sizes, and will customize them to a degree for you. My other thought is to go up from the existing layout and add a second deck. Either way, with enough clearence, it would give you more to scenic, in addition to having somewhere to 'park' a few trains.
You should take a look here as I am way beyond that stage already. I do not care for double decked layouts too much.

[video=youtube;Osmld7ABXGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osmld7ABXGg[/video]



Thanks , Mike
 
Also This one.

[video=youtube;HlCc4R-ql8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlCc4R-ql8U[/video]

Mike
 
Here is the update #3 on the helix with my paid spokes person !!!!!




[video=youtube_share;3hwNdd0X31A]http://youtu.be/3hwNdd0X31A[/video]


Mike
 


Love your layout! Great work.
Which model building suppliers/brands do you most like and would recommend?
You have a lot of really nice buildings there.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top