New ACTRR Updates

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Love your layout! Great work.
Which model building suppliers/brands do you most like and would recommend?
You have a lot of really nice buildings there.
Barry , I like kato for track and locos. Micro-Trains for cars. I like MRC wireless DCC and just about any buildings.
Thanks , Mike
 


Well guys , a lot of progress has be made on the Albuquerque Carnuel and Tijeras Railroad. I have now completed the installation of the helix and lower staging yard and all seems to run well so far. The maximum train length on the ACT is and has been about 12 cars plus 2 to 4 locomotives (as dictated by the upper level sidings). We will now have a rule similar to ATSF that will dictate a minimum of 2 locomotives per train for power to incline and decline purposes in the district.
Here is video # 33 and we hope you will take a look.

[video=youtube_share;kMFvu86bFi4]http://youtu.be/kMFvu86bFi4[/video]

Mike
 
Hello all and Happy New Year. I am moving along on the stage II of the ACTRR. I did a new video that explains the plan beyond the staging yard efforts.
I hope you all take a look and enjoy.


[video=youtube;8x9ocnA2FQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x9ocnA2FQ8[/video]


Mike
 
Mike, you're making some great progress and have some big changes going on withy our layout! You do a great job with the layout, and videos too. Thanks posting all the videos so we can watch you work your magic!
 
Mike, you're making some great progress and have some big changes going on withy our layout! You do a great job with the layout, and videos too. Thanks posting all the videos so we can watch you work your magic!
Thanks so much , It is all what I wanted to do when i grew up!

Mike
 
Well gang , here is a very short scenery update on the ACTRR. I am making slight headway on the conception.


[video=youtube_share;WUZDtY6XFgg]http://youtu.be/WUZDtY6XFgg[/video]

Mike
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Here is what I got done today.

DSCN1332-1.png


DSCN1333-1.png


Mike
 
Got back on the layout today and got the rock area blended in with the exclusion of water and foliage. Track also needs ballasting.

DSCN1395.png


DSCN1396.png


DSCN1397.png


Mike
 
Glenn,

Looking good! Who made the pine trees on your hillside, behind the new rock face?

Thanks,
Carl 'aka Otis'
 
Well I had a chance today to do the finish work on the saw house of the lumber company. Now I have to work on the storage and distribution building.
Here is the final saw building.

DSCN1451.png


DSCN1452.png


DSCN1454.png


DSCN1455.png


Mike
 


Well all in all it was a productive weekend. I got all the stringer extensions made and installed. and got the masonite for the facia. Other than having a guy in a pickup hit me and my cart at Lowes all went well.
Got home and was able to get the new fcia cut and up then down and profiles cut and back up. Next will be the filler homasote pieces on the top.

DSCN1507.png


DSCN1508.png


DSCN1509.png


Mike
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top