Me too, my NCE system is the best even USA made thing in this hobby. Wonder why? And its not like it costs triple that of other systems not USA made. So come on MRR manufacturers, please bring everything back to the USA. No more Chinese problems, conterfeiting, quality control, and happier customers.
Not so fast there with the China bashing!
Point 1, OK I agree, I also have an NCE system w/ radio cabs, intermediate cabs, heck even cell phone cabs and I LOVE it,
BUT ( | )
Point 2, its not the Chinamans fault all the time.
I have a friend in the business, he has told me stories of his dealing in China, From initial drawings to final product approval to QC'ing hundreds of cars at a time.
The Chinese don't have a clue what we want or needs in a piece of model railroad equipment. They will build anything we want, any way we want, provided they are given proper direction and guidance. You want a screw on shell for 2 cents per car more than a clip on bodyshell, OK you get it. But you have to specify what you want.
In other words, you want a toy, they will build you a toy. You want a fine scale model, they will build that too. You just have to stay on top of the development and initial quality of the piece, and you will get exactly what you asked for.

In many cases, I believe its not shoddy workmanship on the Asian side, but poor management on this side of the ocean that starts the problems rolling!