Let's get LOADED!!!.....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Prototype photos:

IMG_5687202.png


IMG_5721202.png


HO Scale load:

img0432ie.jpg
 
Wow, metal wheels aren't cheap. You used a whole bunch in your load! :D

I'm stockpiling the brown plastic Accurail wheels. They look nice and would work out very well as a load.

I'll post my photo when I finish assembling my load :D

I've never found a use for these NS wheels. They don't fit anything on my layout. Don't have any idea who the mfgr. is, so, I use them for loads.
 


What do you mean they don't fit anything on your layout? Looking at the short needlepoint and the odd inverted bowl shaped wheelface, I'd say that they are Bachmann wheels.
 
What do you mean they don't fit anything on your layout? Looking at the short needlepoint and the odd inverted bowl shaped wheelface, I'd say that they are Bachmann wheels.

I have a whole pkg. of Bachmann wheels & they are wider than these.
 
Very nice stuff guys!
Matt... where did you get those trucks????
I've been looking for just that style!

Rico,

The trucks I used are the old Malibu "Reel Rides" Chevy C-10s that were sold at Wal-Mart about 4 years ago. I managed to find about 25 of them before they disappeared from the shelves- I still keep an eye out for them at train shows and swap meets. I had read somewhere that Motormax bought all the molds for the old Reel Rides cars- but nothing has come out of it as far as I could see (besides a mention on the Motormax webpage.)
 
Karl,
When I go to the trainshow in Ft.Myers in Nov. I'm going to be looking for some of the older Autoracks. I only have one & it's a Fleishmann w/the 28" wheels. I need a bunch to hold all of the xtra vehicles I have stored under my layout. I like the one w/all of the VW buses. I probably have that many myself.:D
 


Larry
The Bi-level rack is from Accurail, real easy to assemble. Quite heavy when loaded with the VW's though. Way over the recommended weight. I suspect that someday the bearing journals may fail because of it.:eek:
The tri-level car is Glor-Craft. Basicly a box of sticks you make into a car. The load though are Tyco Camaro's and AMX's that have been repainted and had side glass installed. Much lighter and easier on the trucks.
 
I keep changing the loads on my flatcars, at the moment I,m using three Abrams main battle tanks. They are made by Matchbox and are from their Real Working Rigs range.
Ron
 
Odd Flat Car loads. Bought these Roco Flats at the Ft.Myers train show last week for 4 bucks a pc. Then yesterday I added the loads.:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool load!

What would you guys suggest for loads for bulkhead flats? Are there any commercially made lumber loads or something for the Atlas and Athearn bulkhead flats in HO?
 
What a cool thread. Nice looking loads by everyone!

Here's a couple of depressed center flat cars I recently finished.

IMG_0939.jpg


IMG_0934.JPG


IMG_0943.jpg
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top