Let's get LOADED!!!.....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Came up a twin tank car idea for an easily removeable load...

IMG_4152.png


IMG_4153.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Larry, you have a very inventive mind. See if you can get CJ to post a picture of one flatcar load he built and see if anyone can guess where it came from. You'd appreciate it. :D
 


Here are some proto pics of a cool load I shot yesterday - 3 flat cars with Komatsu heavy equipment. I think these are the powertrain / frame assemblies for large dump trucks. I want to model these, probably starting with the core of a larger scale model.
 
Fltload.png



OK fellas, this is what it is. It's an O2 sensor off of a cardio-pulmonary bypass machine. I spent 5 years as the charge nurse in CVOR, and this was a brand of sensor we no longer used. I asked the chief of the CV-surgery dept if I could have it and he gave it to me. I thought that it would make a good load, and it does!
 
OK fellas, this is what it is. It's an O2 sensor off of a cardio-pulmonary bypass machine. I spent 5 years as the charge nurse in CVOR, and this was a brand of sensor we no longer used. I asked the chief of the CV-surgery dept if I could have it and he gave it to me. I thought that it would make a good load, and it does![/QUOTE]

Never would have guessed that in a million years.:D:D:D
 
LOL, that's why I wanted CJ to post it. I worked with those machines when I was a respiratory therapist, and I never would have guessed what it was either. Just goes to show that almost anything can be made into a convincing flatcar load of something. :)

Mike, those are some interesting loads. I think your guess is probably right, but I've never seen those big mine trucks broken down like that.
 
Here are some proto pics of a cool load I shot yesterday - 3 flat cars with Komatsu heavy equipment. I think these are the powertrain / frame assemblies for large dump trucks. I want to model these, probably starting with the core of a larger scale model.

I have 2 of those big Mine Trucks. 1 in Plastic & 1 in Metal. I'll have to do a load like that or sell you the ones I have & "you" can do the loads. PM me if interested.:D
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top