Let's get LOADED!!!.....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


wow!!! are those Kibri models??

Yes Sir!! The things w/all the wheels came w/all that stuff I bought last week. Also, the long trucks are the base for giant cranes, which I don't have hardly anything of the booms. Just have the base part that fits on top of the trucks w/all the lifting mechanism. Just had to make a load out of it.

Here's another load I made up today. That's a Fleishmann car carrier.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
you are not gonna believe this but i dug these two cars out of a dumpster just the way you see them i only have one pictured but i found two of them
 


I use heavy thread doubled. I also use thin pin stripeing tape in black. Some wood loads, the straps are put on w/black magic markers. I also use beading leather strings. Some of the guys use flat floss. I saw an item in Michaels today, it's flat plastic cord 1/16th & 1/8" wide. The only thing it's glossy. I guess you could spray it w/matte.
 
Very cool. I guess the question that everyone wants to ask is what were you doing digging around in dumpsters??:D:D

you are not gonna believe this but i dug these two cars out of a dumpster just the way you see them i only have one pictured but i found two of them
 
someone in my area is no longer living in a certain house either they are no more or they moved to a retirement home and their estate is apparently being trashed i can not disclose the information due to the fact that maybe one of you lives near me and i am keeping it all for me mwahahaha. but seriously it wouldnt be right to post names or addresses it was a dumpster somewhere in birdsboro
 
Don't have to add weights to either one of these flats.:D

The crane was on a very small flat that was always derailing because it didn't have enough weights.

The tank drop center flat had rinky-dink trucks & plastic wheels, so, I changed the trucks, fixed the flat so it would run straight. The person that made it wasn't a very good modeler & one end was 1/2" off center.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Might not wanna run unit trains of those without a few locomotives :D

My average trains are 25 to 35 cars long & I use 2 or 3 engines most of the time. Depends on the brand of the loco. When I pull a 35 car coal(real coal) train I use 3 engines.
 
My average trains are 25 to 35 cars long & I use 2 or 3 engines most of the time. Depends on the brand of the loco. When I pull a 35 car coal(real coal) train I use 3 engines.

Larry like those spike loads---Audrey thought you could say that they were just extra large ingots!!:eek::D:D

On my friends layout sometimes we'll end up with 50 car trains with 5 at the point---
 
I bought another trio of the Matchbox fork lift trucks this afternoon, so I decided to use the 6 I have now, as loads on my flat cars.
Ron
 
Those make for some nice looking loads, Ron. Where did you pick up the forklifts and how much did they cost? I've been looking for a larger industrial forklift like those.
 
Im going to go on a limb and say that since the are Matchbox, they are likely found at any neighborhood toy dept. I could have sworn I have seen them at Targets before.
 
Yes, they are Matchbox models,bought from Asda, which is part of the Wal-Mart family. They cost me £1 each, or around $1.52.
Ron
 


Haven't seen any at my wally world or Target either. Both places seem to be carrying less and less vehicles, even Matchbox.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top