That is good news! When you buy the foam, by EPS foam, the green stuff. It comes in 1/2", 1" and 2" thickness and is great to work with and fairly cheap too.
Cheers,
Stephen,
That's a nice size, just remember one very important thing - being able to reach all parts of the layout, every corner. As sure as eggs come from chooks, if a derailment happens it will happen in a corner!
That aside, I'm looking forward to following your progress and don't forget to post pics as you go
Cheers and have fun and a first aide kit handy!
Sorry I didn't chime in sooner guys. But if you find you need more foam, go to Menards and see if they have a rack with damaged foam. I paid $10 for two 4' x 8' sheets of 2" pink foam. It was normally like $40 per sheet, marked down to $5/sheet because it was "damaged". All it had was a couple scratches in it. I did more damage to it getting it home LOL. I can't wait to see some pics. I know this is a journal, but throw us a bone when ya get a start on it![]()
Zep, you certainly sound organized, and prepared. I too am obsessing about layout height. And... at one time I was 69 inches tall, now maybe 68. I do need at least one portion of the layouts underside to be over 48 inches, that's were it crosses the air conditioner. The air conditioner is not optional as in three months it will be over a hundred and ten here, peaking at one thirty or so.
Thats one of the reasons my RR will be set in the cool green mountains.
One thing for sure you can always count on with a project...a second trip to the hardware store!
...
