ledzeppelinfan1's Layout Journal...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Thanks for the tree process, I was looking for a way to keep the cost down, I think this might do it. I don't have a big tree but I do have one of those small ones that you put on small tables. Maybe I will prctice on it to see how it goes. I guess I should get approval from the boss first. Thanks for the help.

Scott
 
Thanks for the tree process, I was looking for a way to keep the cost down, I think this might do it. I don't have a big tree but I do have one of those small ones that you put on small tables. Maybe I will prctice on it to see how it goes. I guess I should get approval from the boss first. Thanks for the help.

Scott

Yeah Scott. For your 4x6 I would think a small tree would get you plenty enough. Did the wife okay it?

BTW, everyone...I've entered the last 2 percent of work. I'd say its done...just tiny touch ups that really arent even necessary, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Will soon have my first op session. Will use this thread or start another one to show ops.

One more thing...I give full endorsement to Peco track and turnouts. After about 3 hours of running time, I have had 0 derailments. I can even push cars with truck mounted hook/horn couplers through the turnouts and they do just fine. Really impressed. Yes, some of my cars have hook/horn couplers. I have several joiner cars that combine the two types.

I'll post pics of the pretty much completed layout sometime this week.
 


So...I did a last second rework in the town of Pacific...I really wasn't satisfied with that area and I did some of my best work. I'm really glad I took the time to do that as the work I did tonight is levels beyond what I had done before. I'm sure you'll agree when I show you a before/after of that scene.

Gonna get some pics together. I ordered some people for the layout today, which ought to really bring it further to life. Excited about those!!!

Will also be posting a thread in the Virtual Layout Tour forum.
 
Got my figures in the mail so I can finally have a layout with people on it!!! My plan is to put them on small square clear pieces of plastic with glue that dries clear so they are movable and not permanently in one place. It would seem silly to have the rail crew stuck in static motions around spurs that are empty at the time. I like regularly moving the cars and readjusting the traffic also...makes the layout seem more alive.

Going to add a lot more trees to one of the sections (wilderness curve, not the one against the rock wall) after spending the last week or so just playing with it. That section just hasnt satisfied me as the others have. The improvements should help a lot. Will post pics at some point. Including the rework in the town of pacific. Massive difference (well, to me at least).

Talk to yall later!!!
 
I got behind on following your thread but I think you did a great job on this cliff:

DSC05351_zps4ae7c7f4.jpg

As far as the people go, I glued some down and put some on plastic. I found myself moving the glued down ones, too, as the ground cover made it easy to pull them out.

lasm
 
Really cool layout, and it's "larger than it actually is" type of feel. Maybe one day my layout will look good like this.
 
Hey guys...its been a while and I must say that the last shots I posted of this layout actually shocked me. I have improved upon those shots immensely. Recently I painted the rails on my track which made a huge difference!!! Many, many, MANY, more trees and dimension have been added. Soon, I hope to put some more pics up that show just how far its come. It's really looking great!!!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top