Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an article in Diesel Era that had some pics of those dynamic equipped SW's. I'll have a look and see if I can find it.
 
The article is in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of Diesel Era. There were three units built ofr the Coos Bay Lumber Co. of Oregon numbered X1201 - X1203. The steep grades were the reason for dynamics and over-sized air tanks as well as a water tank for spraying the ROW to prevent fires. Georgia Pacific bought out Coos Bay lumber and the units were sent elsewhere.
 


Any pictures you can find would be most helpful. I have only found these 2 so far.

This was it's original paint.

cblc-1202-ner.jpg


Then sold to this railroad.

WFP_303.jpg
 
Drew, thank you for the pictures. I think this one I got is modeled after the Canadian Forest one. Everything is right on it except the Flexi-coil trucks with the extended tops.
 
In my never ending quest to corner the market in switchers, I picked up this Stewart Baldwin VO 1000 the other day. Special Note to Karl (it's not an EMD!!!) ;)

100_1609.jpg
 


In my never ending quest to corner the market in switchers, I picked up this Stewart Baldwin VO 1000 the other day. Special Note to Karl (it's not an EMD!!!) ;)

100_1609.jpg

So Jerome, has Athearn Finally cut You off from buying out their SW stock?LOL's. I'm just surprised Athearn cut you off before your wife did!!!!!
 
So Jerome, has Athearn Finally cut You off from buying out their SW stock?LOL's. I'm just surprised Athearn cut you off before your wife did!!!!!

Chris, now don't be silly!!! LOL I have 2 more SW1500's I got cheap off eBay on the way also. :D :D :D

The wife doesn't mind, it keeps me out of trouble!!! :rolleyes:
 
Jerome, have you ever done anything with working class lights? I was also wondering if those lenses you sent me are an Athearn part number or are they from someone like DA or DW? I was looking at an article here:

http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/87/6225/july-2006-page-19

I was think of putting some working class lights on some of my locos. The parts list in this article on page 18 refers to using DA 1708 Class lights, and they look alot like the ones you sent me. I may be wrong here.

View attachment 25555
 
Brad, the lenses I sent you are BB headlight lenses. I've never done working class lights. I usually remove them on the modern units.
 
Jerome
Nice looking Baldwin. Speaking of recent aquisitions, this engine was recently bequeathed to me by a Senior Member of our club. I've known Charlie about 20 years, and finally this once very spry senior is starting to slow. Knowing he will still be moving to a retirement home soon, he has liquidated most of his fleet. I purchased a brass C&O 2-8-4 Kanawha from him last year. With a can motor and a NWSL gearbox and a Tsunami, it was a real bargain at $150.00. Later , he gave me an unfinished kit, a Mikado. His latest gift, this B&O Docksider. A Sakura cast metal kit, all the molded on details have been shaved, and most reapplied in brass. He also supplied me with most of the rest of the parts! It also has a can motor and a NWSL gearbox, and runs perfectly. Of course, as a retired machinist/engineer, I would expect nothing less! His reason for the gifting? His son knows nothing about trains, and he wants it (and its bretheren) to have a good home.:D
I picked up a decoder for it tonight, the rest of the parts and paint will come this weekend! I can't wait to see what it can handle, as it weighs almost 10 ounces itself!:eek:
 


Chris, now don't be silly!!! LOL I have 2 more SW1500's I got cheap off eBay on the way also. :D :D :D

The wife doesn't mind, it keeps me out of trouble!!! :rolleyes:

What's truly sad is I ain't got a wife any more to tell me no!:) But the Check book quickly filled her, "No" saying shoes!:mad: If it wasn't fer child support.......Oh the toy's I would have!:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top