Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad, I'll send you enough lenses to do your 2 units.

Hey Jerome, I got those lenses in the mail today. Thanks again, all I have to do is wait for the LEDs to arrive. I have more than enough magnet wire thanks to the chunk Mark gave me when I bought the round LEDs off of him. You do alot more units than I will ever do so if you ever need anymore square LEDs let me know, I will never use 100 of these things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Brad, your quite welcome. I just got one of those RTR undec. SW1500's myself. Once I'm finished with Eric's 25 tonner, I'll start that one in Progressive paint scheme.
 
I don't know, but that's the second one I've come across now. Must have been a Canadian thing CP or CN things. Anyone north of the boarder have any information on these??

WFP_303.jpg
 


Yes, he pays peanuts on the dollar for people wishing to sell collections (or people who inherit estates containing trains), and usually comes up with really nice stuff that he makes a neat profit on.

I bought two things and had to return one once (due to it missing a part that was shown in the photo but didn't come with the item), and he wasn't very "customer service oriented" if you know what I mean, but with all of the photos that he takes, you can see exactly what you're getting.
 
I should check them out. I may get some SW1s later. Brass seems to be the way to go since the AHM and Walthers versions aren't as nice. They're only about a hundred bucks which is a great price for brass.
 
the jordan spreaders i've seen are going for $250ish, which to me is alot but for a brass piece of rolling stock its well worth it. I just can't stand the walthers one, i broke countless parts putting it together and dont want to bother trying again. I also wish I could find a person up here with a collection of nice stuff that doesn't know what they have so i can buy it!!
 
The president of the club I belong to considered selling his collection due to his deteriorating health. He has well over $200,000 worth of stuff (he has a few hundred engines most custom painted, at least a thousand pieces of rolling stock (no tyco, bachmann, or life-like, all Atlas, Athearn, Walthers and craftsman kits, 3 unit coal trains, a unit slurry train, a unit reefer train, a unit slurry tank train, a unit pulpwood train, and some other ones that I don't remember) and has been collecting for the past 50 years or so). Dan's Trains offered him $2,000. He told Dan to shove it and didn't sell his collection.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The newest addition to the fleet arrived today. An SW1200 with dynamic brakes.

100_1605.jpg


Going to need a re-paint and replace the broken antenna and sunshade on the other side.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top