Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
The SW1000 you and Jamie were talking about.

How about a D&H switcher? Not sure if they had an SW1000, or any switchers painted in the lightning stripe scheme, but i think itd look sharp :D
 
I don't have any idea what the SW1000 will be. Not many RR's had them except BN and D&RG. The rest were shortlines. As far as the D&H goes, I only see 2 switchers on their roster. An S2 and an SW8.
 


The delaware and hudson was wierd like that, one of the only major RRs I know of that didnt buy F or E-units, they really liked variations of the RS series, even the Laurentian (sp?) was powered by a pair of RS-3s for awhile. They bought Baldwin sharknoses though :rolleyes: They certainly liked their alcos, which is who made the SWs right? Or was it EMD?
 
The delaware and hudson was wierd like that, one of the only major RRs I know of that didnt buy F or E-units, they really liked variations of the RS series, even the Laurentian (sp?) was powered by a pair of RS-3s for awhile. They bought Baldwin sharknoses though :rolleyes: They certainly liked their alcos, which is who made the SWs right? Or was it EMD?

SW(itchers) were built by EMD, S(witchers) and R(oad)S(witchers) were built by Alco.
 
I think GE took over the plant after Alco went under as GE and Alco collaborated on prime mover design. Later on, GE decided to get into the locomotive market and abandoned Alco.
 
I think GE took over the plant after Alco went under as GE and Alco collaborated on prime mover design. Later on, GE decided to get into the locomotive market and abandoned Alco.

Theres 2 plants in Schenectady. The GE plant is visible from a major road (dont know which one) but last time I was there, there was a massize Centercab switcher in the parking lot. I think it was an 80 tonner. Bright yellow, i couldnt believe how big it was. I believe the Alco plant is on the other side of town.
 


Kindve looks like the Rock Island one of the first page.

Speaking of which, what is the blue switcher on the bottom left of the first picture jerome? Is it even HO?
 
Sure it would. If someone made the decals. :(

IF you could find the Coors crest (probably on thier website somewhere) you could do a "negative" print, on a red backround (a little experimentation may be needed to match it) printed on white decal paper.
The Lettering would have to be individually applied letters (Microscale). Yes, I know its a pain in the tookas, but until commercially available decals were available, that was the only way I could do my Maryland Midland stuff!

If my old eyes can do in in HO and N, you can do it Jerome! I gots faith in ya!:D
 
IF you could find the Coors crest (probably on thier website somewhere) you could do a "negative" print, on a red backround (a little experimentation may be needed to match it) printed on white decal paper.
The Lettering would have to be individually applied letters (Microscale). Yes, I know its a pain in the tookas, but until commercially available decals were available, that was the only way I could do my Maryland Midland stuff!

If my old eyes can do in in HO and N, you can do it Jerome! I gots faith in ya!:D

Karl, I could do the lettering no problem. But I've never had any luck printing out decals. I never learned that skill.
 
Just thought I'd put my little 2 cents in this thread lol.

I'm doing 2 KCS SW1500s with RC equipment

First is going to be #4360
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=227125
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=754845

Model
Today012-1.jpg

Today015-4.jpg

Today014-3.jpg

Today013-2.jpg


Jerome you think you got 4 pair of those Sideframes thats used for the KCS SW1500s you could spare?
 


Jerome you think you got 4 pair of those Sideframes thats used for the KCS SW1500s you could spare?

Your model looks like a BB to me and I would have to check with Jerome if the mounts are the same as far as the hole alignment is concerned. If they are the same as the RTR version I have 7 side frames that match your prototype that came with my RTR. The eighth one was damaged when I took it off of the model to put on the correct Bloomberg style. I can send you the 7 I have if you PM me your address along with the damaged one. At least you will only have to find one more and be 7 closer to your goal, or fix the eight one. I will also send you the brake cylinders that go on them. These parts are useless to me as they do not match my proto type.

The RTR versions come with a bag of detail parts to spare. The only problem is that they put them all together in a large bag so there is usually some damage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top