Karl, Rather than just a cabless Hustler, why not make it a remote control unit?![]()
What do yuo mean a race car attitude?
Here's the boxcab with decals. It's labeled for the Omaha Western.
![]()
Hey Wheeler,
Wow... what a neat job you did!
Walden Hobbies/Flying Scotsman had those little Grandt 23 ton boxcabs for $40 so I picked one up but haven't started it yet. Do you have any assembly tips or things to watch out for? Any help you could offer would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg
Thanks for the tips... especially the test fitting.
My work surface is a half inch thick piece of plate glass, so I'll make sure to true up the pieces real good. Can you recommend a good glue? On the old non precise plastic buildings I've just been using anything that hapens to be around, but on this high precision kit I want it to be just right. Oh, and how does it run? Looking at all those teeny tiny parts is quite intimidating.
Your beautifully built and painted boxcab is a real inspiration!
Greg
Jerome, here is a couple pics of the 1503 on a coal drag at CP Hays. The blue really stands out with all of the Reading Green & Yellow on my units. Had a blast building it and now even more so running it on the layout. I will keep my eyes open now for an SW1000 to make one of your brown and black units. Thanks again, Rich.
No, one of these
![]()
AHA!!, on my crappy monitor they appeared brown....so what color maroon did you use??
Looks brown on my ancient monitor, too... maybe it's my ancient eyes.![]()
Thanks Jerome, I have a couple of bottles of that around and hopefully will find a candidate for a paint job. Rich
Rich, I don't have any brown and black units. Maroon and black maybe??
![]()
