Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the Athearn Hustlers had rubber band drives.

hmm, don't think I've ever seen one with a band drive. Anyone have a photo of one of these? Could an upgraded motor be installed?

Any other comp besides athearn make the hustler? If so did they have similar drives?
 


Finally got all the doodads back on the EMD40 to put it into service... :)

IMG_3783.png
 
hmm, don't think I've ever seen one with a band drive. Anyone have a photo of one of these? Could an upgraded motor be installed?

Any other comp besides athearn make the hustler? If so did they have similar drives?

They can be repowered, mine have can motors, Pics of the project are now a week or 2 away.
Little mishap yesterday left me with 15 stiches in my hand,,,,,,no modeling til the hand gets a little better.:o:mad:
 
Thanks Jason... :)
Since there isn't going to be a lot of room for a layout I'm going for the "narrow gauge" look but in HO, so all of the engines and rolling stock have short wheelbases...

IMG_3785.png


IMG_3722.png
 
Not the best photos since there from my cell, but i do not have my camera with me right now. For what the engine is, it runs ok. I don't think I would ever put the money into rebuilding it though.
 
And now back to our regularly scheduled program. The A&P recently had an accident with SW1500 #1202. She was tore apart and send into the shops. She came back out as slug #S-01. Unit #1207 was upgraded and re-painted to match. Now the A&P has a nice mate set. The SW1500 will be sent out to Mark for DCC and LEDs. The slug already has working LEDs installed.

101_0587.jpg


101_0588.jpg


101_0589.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


The A&P has been lacking on switcher power, so the bosses decided it was time to add some SW1500's to the fleet for local switching. Here's the newest units added.

101_0601.jpg


101_0600.jpg


101_0599.jpg
 
Looking real nice. Jerome do you use primer before you lay the base coat?

It all depends on the color I'm going to be painting. For the dark blue like you see in those unit, no primer needed. If it was going to be a light color (yellow, white, orange, etc.) yes, I use primer over the black shell.
 
Jerome, have you ever built a GE 25-ton industrial switcher by Grandt Line? I want one for the Providence and Worcester, but I'm worried that the build would be too difficult. (I've only built those shake the box kits. I've tried building undec locos from P2K and Atlas and failed horribly)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jerome, have you ever built a GE 25-ton industrial switcher by Grandt Line? I want one for the Providence and Worcester, but I'm worried that the build would be too difficult. (I've only built those shake the box kits. I've tried building undec locos from P2K and Atlas and failed horribly)

Take a look back at page 11 & 12 of this thread. Is that what your referring to?
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top