ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Jerome,
These look real nice. I was just working on my first SW1500 and gotta say the detail on Athearn BB is not as nice as the ones here.
Dave
How do you mount handrails to the walkways/deck? The stock Athearn BB shells have the handrails mounted to the pilot and sills.
Dave, Thank you. But, all of the switchers you've seen on this thread (except Carl's CP SW1500) have all been Athearn BB kits. The BB kits can be dressed up as much as you want. It leaves a lot of room for the builder. Add your work to here if you like, as you make progress Dave. There's plenty of room to share.

How do you mount handrails to the walkways/deck? The stock Athearn BB shells have the handrails mounted to the pilot and sills.
All of my handrails are the stock ones mounted to the side of the sills.
Ah, now I see it. The CP engine is a RTR.
Ah, now I see it. The CP engine is a RTR.
you are correct Sir!!

I only have 3 of the newer RTR and Genesis units so far.
good god man..with the switchers already..completely awesome collection..though the patched BN units...theres no room for that...lol
Been working on some other engines but I still have switchers coming out of the shop too. Here's 3 SSW Cotton Belts that will be weathered very heavily.
And 3 Southern units almost completed. Ya gotta love the Tuxedo paint scheme!!!
And 3 Southern units almost completed. Ya gotta love the Tuxedo paint scheme!!!
Jerome, just wondering if you are using Micro Scale decals for these.
I've never seen a Cotton Belt unit with red lettering... is that a one-off scheme?
Jerome, just wondering if you are using Micro Scale decals for these.
Brad, yes they are Micro-Scale Decals.
I've never seen a Cotton Belt unit with red lettering... is that a one-off scheme?
Prototype for everything.
Jerome, are your number boards back lit when your models are completed? Do you just paint them black or white depending and then use opposite colour numbers depending on the road?
Jerome, are your number boards back lit when your models are completed? Do you just paint them black or white depending and then use opposite colour numbers depending on the road?
Brad, no none of my # boards are lit up.
Amtrak
Hey Jerome nice work on the switchers, I was wondering do you ever do any AMTRAK one's?
I have to remember to bring my camera to work more often. At a steel plant I pass in Claymont Delaware there are 2 of the dirtiest, and most weathered switcher prototypes I've ever seen.
I have to remember to bring my camera to work more often. At a steel plant I pass in Claymont Delaware there are 2 of the dirtiest, and most weathered switcher prototypes I've ever seen.
O yea you have to, let's see Jerome( the mad scienetist) recreate them.
I saw what looked like D&RGW markings on one in the full line-up pics (bottom row, 3rd from left), but no follow up picture of it all by its lonesome. Is it Rio Grande? Still have it?
Hey Jerome nice work on the switchers, I was wondering do you ever do any AMTRAK one's?
Only thing I've done in AMTRAK so far was this CF7 I painted, decaled and weathered for Mark.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)