wheeler1963
Wheeler's Trains
Finished shots of the latest batch.
Steve, it's an Atlas part from their MP15. Here's the link:
https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/itemdesc.asp?CartId={40572A65-F19B-4821-92BEVEREST5-8B4DEA03BD44}&ic=990225&eq=&Tp=
Here's one of the prototype pictures I used of the unit.
![]()
Finished shots of the latest batch.
![]()
Really like the Southern and CN stuff Jerome. I am still fairly new here so I have to ask you, are you selling this stuff or are you just building the biggest switching yard in the history of mankind? I assume this stuff is mostly Athearn saying as Atlas doesn't make to many switchers in comparison to the latter? One last question, the decals on the CN unit are water slides right?, but what about the white line on the angle is that just taped off and painted or is that water slide too?
Thanks again,
Your work is flawless that is for sure. I attached a picture of an old Tyco Union Pacific gondola car that was yellow before with red lettering. Anyway I painted it Engine Black and have been messing around with water slide decals on this model. I have been using Micro Scale decals with Walthers Decal setting solution to make the decal snuggle down on the detail of the car. Just wondering if you use a similar product on your switchers.The white angled stripe is also a decal. Micro-Scale set # 87-939.
Brad, I sell them once in a while but most of them are for my future project. Eventually I will have a 4' X 16' diorama called JTEX (Jerry's Truck & Electric). It will be a switcher rebuilder's shop. I have most of the buildings built for it, just need the space. I would say that most of my switcher collection 90% is Athearn. The white angled stripe is also a decal. Micro-Scale set # 87-939.
Jerome, is Athearns version of a stimulus plan! Long as jerome is alive they will be in business, and I wouldn't be suprised if Jerome doesn't have a stock option with Athearn!If ya ever try to order a sw 1500 and run in to, "Out of stock" every where you go........BLAME JEROME!
![]()
Nice pictures and models as usual, Jerome. How do you manage to get the old metal handrails so straight and smooth? You do a better job at that than any other BB modeler I've seen and they all look good, not just a few.
Jerome is buying up all 1500's and when Athearn stops making them he's going to sell them back to us at way higher prices! The man has got to be stoped at all cost........
Speaking of higher prices, a bunch of those on sale athearn BB 1500s showed up at a local train show this weekend at Buffalo Central Terminal, Not a single one was priced below 35 bucks. Glad I got mine when they were on sale, just kicking myself for not buying a second.
Hey Jerome just fer fun How's abouts Ya's make's some NFL SW1500's! Hmmmmmmm, might be fun to have some Super Bowl locomotives!
