Extra Super Detailing

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


This is a Cherry Valley 0-6-0 Tank engine I built , I think it is pretty well detailed. I did leave a few things for the rivet counters! Always try to see that I leave them something.:)
 
Well that half done Chevy sure was not what I meant to post -- really something for the Rivet guys!!:rolleyes: Here is what I meant to post. This tank engine was built on a Mantua -Tyco chassis I found in a box of junk, I was looking thru the Locomotive-cyclopedia one night and saw the plans for this engine. I dug the 0-6-0 out and tested it to see if it would run ----MAN DID IT--- Like a scalded cat --pretty typical of a Tyco! First thing I
needed was to build a 2 to 1 reduction transmission . Rivet guys alert , there is a rear step missing and the headlight is not on yet either!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Athearn SD70 that I painted and detailed.


IMG_1413.jpg
 


Just about any resin kit for a car has all the details that would be on that particular model available for the builder to apply. I just love these style kits.

Here's a Westerfield Keystone Coal and Coke hopper I recently completed.

KeyHopper.png


KeyHopper1.png
 
Just about any resin kit for a car has all the details that would be on that particular model available for the builder to apply. I just love these style kits.

Here's a Westerfield Keystone Coal and Coke hopper I recently completed.

KeyHopper.png


KeyHopper1.png

Nice. Wish I had the time to put Westerfields together.
 


Nice. Wish I had the time to put Westerfields together.

They're not that difficult, esp. with excellent instructions. I have 4 more of this style to build. The most difficult part is drilling all the holes for all the grabs, brake lines, latch mech.

In the earlier photo of the same car, the comment about it being on 6 layouts without a derailment was supposed to be under the caboose. I've had the caboose about 2 years longer than the hopper. The hopper has only been on 4 layouts so far. It has never derailed either. At times my mind works faster than this dumba** can type.
 
I just got the ok from the wife to order a huge order of detail parts. I ordered alot of cannon stuff for this kitbash project that i will slowly work on and off for probably the next 6 months or more. Plus a few things for my tunnel motor im building for myself.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top