And a couple of questions. Rich, in your instructions I got off your site, it says to use filtered DC. Would the output from the constant 12V DC terminals on an MRC power pack count for this?
logandsawman, what where the size washers you used on your version?
I get my money on the first of the month and will put in an order then. I do think, Rich, that as your user community grows, it would be most helpful to provide as many photos, dimensions, suggested parts and sizes, etc as you can. In researching what's available, I note that you mention Atlas plastic crossbucks, but this is actually a Bachmann product -- you may want to edit your instructions to cover this. However, it's currently out of stock. Oregon Rail Supply also makes a kit, though more expensive, for the same kind of flashers (also out of stock). Going the route of other commercial parts could put the cost of the project up where it's not necessarily competitive -- I'm inclined to say guys are better off using washers, plastic stirrer sticks, and so forth! Again, this would probably appeal to the do-it-from-scratch crowd, and the ability to do the really unique examples would add to this appeal.