This has been brought up here before I am fairly sure, and if I understand it the Athern gears fix this. I am hesitate about ordering the gears from Walthers if they are the same design as they may and probably will crack in the future. Have the Proto 2000 gears been redesigned by chance? It seems to me the sleeves on the ones I have are too thin.
All my locos were bought new back in the mid 1990's when Lifelike made them.
I have about 12 or 16 in all, just found out about mine cracking today when I was cleaning my GP-18's.
Would it be a better fix to order from Athern or Walthers?
All my locos were bought new back in the mid 1990's when Lifelike made them.
I have about 12 or 16 in all, just found out about mine cracking today when I was cleaning my GP-18's.
Would it be a better fix to order from Athern or Walthers?
