Constucting my 1st walk around layout.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Got some structures that I'm in the middle of building that are large and need to finish to figure out placement before I start anything with layout space is tight
 
How bout just building a 2' x 4' section or 2 to get ya goin? I have a room that is 12x33 that will have 2 "tunnels" to make it complete, but I am in a rented house and I think I might be moving this fall so Im not gonna even try and finish the benchwork. I gotta try n figure out how to cover the 1 "tunnel" I cut already...haha
 


Bench work is done this is gona be a flat industrial layout with some reference of were I grew up gona have 3 main lines
 
Hey Will,

You trying to build a higher post count too? :p :p
All the short posts made my eyes hurt! :D :D
Glad to have you aboard Will! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:


The drawing Larry posted is whats there I would apricate any and all imput

You might want to check that the aisles are wide enough to move around in.

I'd also angle off the sharp corners of the peninsula a bit if you can, so people aren't snagging themselves on them.
 
They are plenty wide have no trouble getting around thought about cutting corners off but its more trouble than its worth considering there is plenty of room to get around it
 
Plus I dout I have very many people actually go into the room.it has double French doors and u can see entire layout from the door opening
 
Ok guys 1st plan is scratched I want all the help I can get with this I know alot of u guys can plan great layouts here are new deminsions 31 feet long 12 feet 9 inches wide want 2 main lines with sideings and some islands can anyone help
 
Also layout is going to be dc with switching need a big yard as well the width around the walls is 2 feet except corner kick outs
 
Reasons for dc is I have 70 locos 80 percent are blue box I have 10 athrean gens but run them dc as well and dcc locos have no balls takes 2 or 3 bluebox units to pull 50 loaded coal cars and only 5 gens to pull the same slipping and struggleing the whole time
 


My problem is I have no computer or software to design this on plus I'm am aproching this open minded for any ideas I can get I have never tackled this kind and sized layout before any help would be greatly apreciated
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top