ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Got some structures that I'm in the middle of building that are large and need to finish to figure out placement before I start anything with layout space is tight
How bout just building a 2' x 4' section or 2 to get ya goin? I have a room that is 12x33 that will have 2 "tunnels" to make it complete, but I am in a rented house and I think I might be moving this fall so Im not gonna even try and finish the benchwork. I gotta try n figure out how to cover the 1 "tunnel" I cut already...haha
Notice to all Members
Please do not post copyrighted images unless they are your own or you have permission to use them on these forums. You may post links to them as above
They are plenty wide have no trouble getting around thought about cutting corners off but its more trouble than its worth considering there is plenty of room to get around it
Ok guys 1st plan is scratched I want all the help I can get with this I know alot of u guys can plan great layouts here are new deminsions 31 feet long 12 feet 9 inches wide want 2 main lines with sideings and some islands can anyone help
Reasons for dc is I have 70 locos 80 percent are blue box I have 10 athrean gens but run them dc as well and dcc locos have no balls takes 2 or 3 bluebox units to pull 50 loaded coal cars and only 5 gens to pull the same slipping and struggleing the whole time
My problem is I have no computer or software to design this on plus I'm am aproching this open minded for any ideas I can get I have never tackled this kind and sized layout before any help would be greatly apreciated