Afternoon, everyone.
Phillip, I'm glad to hear they got the glitch on the surgery fixed right up. Bariatric surgery carried a a whole hosts of risks. Having a good doctor who can fix you up when something goes wrong is the real key. I do think we have a tendency to find someone to blame when something goes wrong, even when it's part of the normal risks of getting treated. I can't see how we're ever going to decrease the cost of medical care until we reform tort laws and stop docotors from practicing defensive medicine.
Steve, too bad about those people's home. It's one of the reasons why I have fire, smoke, and burglar alarms that are monitored by a central station. It's both silent and has a 120 decibels siren attached in the attic, where it can't be cut. That sucker is so loud it would raise the dead. Between the silent alarm and siren, the cops and/or fire department have gotten here pretty quick the few times we've had a false alarm. I believe in being armed, and trying to get in my house when I'm home would be a big mistake. However, crooks aren't completely stupid, and they'll break in when you're not there. Unless you have a safe system like Bob's, they'll then get all your goods plus your guns. I prefer to put my faith in a good alarm system for when I'm not home. My three fire extinguishers and the Remington 870 should handle things if I am at home.
Chris, I thought the crowd we saw at the Eagles concert was old until I saw your pictures. What year did Huey Lewis actually have his last hit. Seems like it wasn't that long ago, but I'm sure it was, especially since Matt never heard of them.
It's let's all visit the doctor this week at the Cooke ranchette. Had to got to our ENT yesterday for our 6 month checkup for our Meniere's. Luckily, I'm in what they call a burn out period now, and haven't had a serious attack in a year. Got a note from him saying I'm functionally deaf in my left ear so they'd better have some adaptive hearing devices for me if they want me on a jury - that's March 1st. Tomorrow is ultrasound day for Dianna's liver. March 5 is colonoscopy day for her, so I can't can't wait to hear all the whining and crying as she takes a gallon of that horrible laxative the day before.

I told here I've already been through it three times so buck up and don't be complaining all the time.

Like that will work...
Number one daughter has flunked out of fundamentals of nursing for the second time and her and Doofus have to find someplace to live since they are being kicked out of their apartment because both of them are lazy, have no steady income, and is surprised that no one want to rent them an apartment when tghey haven't paid the rent on the last one...imagine that! I really hope she ends up living in her car. The faster she hits bottom and realizes that mom and dad are not a search and rescue team, the faster she'll put on her big girl pants and start behaving like an adult.
Nice last few days, with temperatures a little above average. Had a great light show Sunday night, when we had a squall line pass though with elevated thunderstorms. All the lightning was up 8-10k feet in the clouds instead of clouser to the surface, so ever cloud to cloud strike lit up the neighbothood like a flashbulb. We had about a half hour of more or less continuous lightning. Also had another .75 inches of rain, which puts us almost eight inches ahead for the year. Should be interesting tonight, as we'll be right on the edge of the snow/rain line again. Even if we get any snow, it will be too warm to stick, but any snow will break our record of never having it snow two times in the same year. Even the robins that have showed up are wearing sweaters.

Wasn't there supposed to be some global warming or something?