Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys/gals,

I just called Jim on his cell phone. He's alive but suffereing a whopping case of the flu. And was out of town without a 'putor, helping his sister out in Cleveland after her husband died suddenly.

Jim will provide the gory details when he posts here later this evening.

(back to our regular schdule program...)

Thanks for the update. Im sure others, as well as myself, are glad to hear.

Sorry to hear about your Brother-in-law Jim, and feel better!
 
Guys/gals,

I just called Jim on his cell phone. He's alive but suffereing a whopping case of the flu. And was out of town without a 'putor, helping his sister out in Cleveland after her husband died suddenly.

Jim will provide the gory details when he posts here later this evening.

(back to our regular schdule program...)

"Flo, Give Ken a 36oz steak, Baked Tater, Steamed Veggies, and a pitcher of Beer for finding Jimbo And put it on Jimbos tab!;):D"
 
Guys/gals,

I just called Jim on his cell phone. He's alive but suffereing a whopping case of the flu. And was out of town without a 'putor, helping his sister out in Cleveland after her husband died suddenly.

Jim will provide the gory details when he posts here later this evening.

(back to our regular schdule program...)

Prayers go to both families---Oh man that is rough!:eek::(:(
 


Boy, four pages and not even a question about my absence.


I had a busy day day today. I had to follow my father to town this morning so he could turn his truck in for repairs. We then went to BJ's Diner for breakfast then I took him home. We did some research on solar energy as an alternative for for powering his home. Bad thing is that a system capable of pulling a 5,000 square foot home comes to over $60,000 with installation. At that rate it would never pay for itself. I then had to take off for an appointment with the foot doc at noon. Good news! He took me off that dang wound vacuum. It didn't make much sense to keep it on being that it hasn't picked up anything in six days. Another piece of good news. He put me in an orthopedic boot to help support my ankle. Now I can actually walk around a bit without it feeling like a railroad spike is being driven through my ankle. The Charcot condition is still acting up so I'm feeling deep bone pain from my foot and my ankle from the bones being softened. The boot effectively immobilizes the joint and forces it into a straight posture. That's something I haven't had since several bones were removed from the right side of the foot. With the support of those bones gone the ankle was rolling to the outside, putting a strain on the muscles and the Achilles tendon. Now it feels much better. Once the Charcot calms down (it has to eventually) the pain will subside. Back to me day. I went to my parent's home and visited with my mother for a while. I told he the good news and she's quite happy about it. The power went out shortly thereafter and stayed off for quite a while. I visited one of my neighbors for a little while then went to see my sister. I hadn't been able to do that for a while because I couldn't safely negotiate her steps. Now I can. She told me about her day at work. She spent most of the day in a classroom. We looked over her collection of Harry Potter books (early printings) and discussed the merits of some collectors series books she's expecting to come in. She has many original printings by J.R.R. Tolkien and Clive Cussler to name a couple. An avid collector would go crazy in there. The power eventually came back on and this is the first chance I've to get online since this morning.
 
Sorry Jeff we knew you were alive and kickin, jim we werent so sure about, he dissappeared out of nowhere. Good to hear you finally got that wound-vac off, i know that was bothering you.

Has your dad considered a windmill? Theyre all over up here, and with some solar panels on the roof, you can usually power your house and actually sell back to the grid.
 
Glad you made the call Ken. I never could find what I did with his number. Even tried to find a home listing (got to remember to get it again). I had been thinking that it would turn out to be something like a family matter. That's tough...and then nailed with the Flu to go with it all. Sorry Jimmy boy for all your misery.

Karl: Oh BOY! The Devil is gon'na get'cha....after I'm done! Then it's Chris's time.:p:p:D
 
Morning, went to let out the hens next door and one was frozen solid,,, whooops. i hate looking after other peoples animals, they always die or something on you :(

Hey Jeff, don't know how you manage to cope with your leg and foot problems etc, it would drive me mad.

Rex, If you remember the earths beginings did you ever meet Adam and his temptress wife Eve,,, only kidding only kidding, don't want the same torture Karls going to get :)

Ken, thanks for the update on Jim, poor guy's having it bad. How's Vicky doing btw.

gotta go get a replacement hen !!
 


Good Morning Everybloody! Looks like I stepped in it again! Well Rex, I hope you got your running shoes on! Your going to need them, I'm in rare form today!:eek::eek: This mornings outside temp is 36* no frost. Should warm up to a crisp 60 something degrees with plenty of sun shine to boot, ahhhhhhhhh Florida!

That's tough people passing away, Wallet fire's and the creeping crud on top of that! Good thing I started praying for good old Jimbo!

Karl, I hope you can run Rex is lookin fer BOTH of us! between you and me Those knobby knees of his don't move that fast any more!;):rolleyes::p

Rex,:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D;)! that's from Karl!:D

Ken I hope you enjoyed that steak Jimbo bought!:)

Jeffery we never worry about you.........Your going to out live the whole lot of us!:D;)
 
BTW: Steveo Replace that dead chicken with a rubber one that way thats one less you have to worry about killing!
 
Good morning folks

It was 25 F as I hit the highways this morning. Our high will be 33 F. There is a nasty rumor going around that there could be snow on Monday night.

We had an uneventful evening. My son had guitar lesson and my daughter volleyball practice. My son and I were supposed to do some trains together but he had more homework than expected so I spent some time helping him.

We found out some information about my daughters upcoming volleyball tournament. We have to be at the location by 8 AM. Since it is about an hour and a half away, that means being on the road by 6 AM to allow for time to find the gym on the campus. She will play a minimum of three games and depending on how they do she could play as many as 8 games in a single day. The hardest thing right now is figuring out how to get my son to his swimming merit badge class.

Prayers go out to Jim and his family.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Great.:eek::eek: Do we need hip waders next?:eek::eek::rolleyes:

We got just enough freezing drizzle to make drivers around here go all guibbly on us. We're now at 0C going to a high of 1C---which'll be the highest we've been for weeks!!:D:D

Now we'll be all slushy--

Jim Get over that dang flu---then get that news?!? SHEEESH!! We got your families on our prayer list.

I got something from Seeking Alpha about some issues cropping up on muni bonds----great:confused:---who left this soapbox out again?:eek::rolleyes:

CULTR
 
Good morning. It's 28 and sunny. The high should be 55 with no sign of clouds.

Yesterday I got freed from the grip of the wound vac and got an orthopedic boot to help support my ankle. Now I can start concentrating on layout work again now that I don't have to be worried about splitting my ankle joint apart. It's going to be slow at first as I get used to the limitations imposed by the boot but I should be able to get a quick list of what I can and can't do. One thing on the list already goes without saying. No fancy gymnastics. I can't turn my foot unless I turn the entire leg. The left and right twist of the lower leg that everybody else finds so simple to do is physically impossible for me. Vertical climbing is pretty much out for now. Going into a squat position or rising from said position has to be done with the majority of the weight supported by the good leg. That's a minor limitation. It shouldn't take me long to round out the list. No distance walking for sure. It does feel good to be able to walk around a bit though without feeling like I'm going to fall over any second.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2328.jpg
 
Jeff How did you get on with the wound vac, do you think it sped up healing, my uncle had it on his leg but it to forever to heal

Karl, Chris Run boys Run, Rex may be old but he can run like the roadrunner :D
 
Jim- I'm glad to hear you have a good excuse for missing all the abuse that has been going on the forum about you! We will keep praying for your physical recovery. Just like Chris, there is not much we can do about your mental state.

Okay now, has anyone heard from Phillip in the last week?:confused:

Karl- you "dun gud" and we will not forget it.

Rex- they are picking on you again about your knobby knees.... and they are so right!:D Thanks for posting all the pictures and explaining your progress on the signals. Impressive!

I made a little progress on my club layout scene. I have painted about 20 HO figures and sprayed them with clearcoat last night in my garage. I brought them in to dry, but that idea was over-ruled by the boss. I decided the 38*F garage was a better drying area than becoming my sleeping area.
I'll admit the solvent smell got pretty strong in the den in only 10 minutes.

Yes, Flo, the dime tip is all for you.
 
Temperatures plunging today down into the 70s. 76 I think is the guess. Other than that it's a day of sitting in my office working on returning the company to profitability.
 
Jeff How did you get on with the wound vac, do you think it sped up healing, my uncle had it on his leg but it to forever to heal
It sped the healing up a great deal. I've been fighting with wounds on my feet for many years. The vac got it healed up in about two months. A big improvement.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top