vato loco
Just a Foolish Saint!
Larry
As a 20+ year former GM tech/advisor/manager I'll tell you what I always did for every car I have ever owned, new or otherwise. This has worked for used as well as new cars, including my Olds Alero, which now has 178,000 plus miles on it.
Drive it like ya stole it
Well, maybe not that harsh, but drive it like you will normally drive it. Break-in on engines is a thing of the past. Harder piston rings & cylinder walls made to tighter tolerances are just one of the reasons. Unleaded fuels fetter fuel delivery and a quality oil also help. (Synthetic if at all possible) With 9,000 miles on it, it's well past "break in" anyway, even by old standards. I'd be more concerned with dried out hoses, seals, and suspension bushings than I would with the engine. Remember, the mileage may be low, but it's still a 10 year old car, and age can sometimes be harder on a car than mileage.
Only problems i have with GM vehicals is right at 70K to 80K then water pump Takes a crap or the AC takes a crap. Other than that I've owned almost all GM vehicals (4 of them) with exception of a plymouth NEON since 1992. Water Pumps and AC problems are only problems I have under the hood! I just got my HD2500 Silverado PAID OFF! I got to say next to (Old Whitie) my 1992 S-10 EL I have great luck with GM trucks. I yet to have one leave me on the side of the road! My Silverado has 160,000 and runs like when I bought it and I'm totaly happy with it!
