Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim Oh man, that is bad news---sheeesh!:eek: We'll pray for the family. I can get on a soapy box about all the dang problems with the drug thing around here but I'll stay outa this one!!---I like the Singapore solution though;)
As for doofus---RRRRRR!!!:mad:

Good Morning---

We are getting sun, sun and more sun here:D:D:D

I'm doing a bunch of stuff involving mass paperwork and a bunch of household stuff today:eek:---I may see if'n I don't find some time to slip by LHS and see what's up:rolleyes:

LTF Sounds like things are going well there!:D:D Good for the horse!:D

Have a good one---such as that is:eek:;);)
 
Bob, do you know that donated Hoosier blood has to be thinned before it can be used in the South?:eek::D

Jim, don't know how your night went with the weather, but it was like a artillery attack around here...all night. Lot's of flaa-booms rattling the windows and anything not tied down. Fortunately, we didn't lose any electronics this time.

I ordered me a backup hitch camera yesterday. I know...more gadgets. Actually, it is better than going to a marriage counselor. Everytime I have to hitch up the RV, the wife and I get into a fuss even when using walkie-talkies. She still doesn't get it: if it is off "a little", we can't just move the trailer tongue like we do for the boat. :D
 
Rex lucky you've got some one to help ya. I just hooked up my trailer for the jeep and loaded the jeep on to it by myself today. Got everything all set for the run out to PA tomorrow for a weekend of offroading and rock crawling .
 


Bob, do you know that donated Hoosier blood has to be thinned before it can be used in the South?:eek::D

Jim, don't know how your night went with the weather, but it was like a artillery attack around here...all night. Lot's of flaa-booms rattling the windows and anything not tied down. Fortunately, we didn't lose any electronics this time.

I ordered me a backup hitch camera yesterday. I know...more gadgets. Actually, it is better than going to a marriage counselor. Everytime I have to hitch up the RV, the wife and I get into a fuss even when using walkie-talkies. She still doesn't get it: if it is off "a little", we can't just move the trailer tongue like we do for the boat. :D

Rex you should know by now......."She knows what she is doing! She just likes to drive you to the crazy farm!";):p
 
It's 73 here, so it's one whole degree ABOVE what the weather guesser said it would be. However, there is ominous news. Thunderstorms are moving in tomorrow. Whoopee, more rain. They've let the lake down 5 times in the last 2 months because of all the dang rain we're getting.
 
Jim- thats sad to hear about a man dieing so young, 23 years old is just finishing college...:(

Jeff- 73*?! you guys are lucky, i wish it was 73* here, its probably around 40 out right now, not sure where this little heat wave came from.

Phillip- always sad to hear about a kid who has something taken away from them because of the parent.

For those talking about backing up trailers, im not even allowed to do it anymore. I used to guide my dad but not anymore, he would get to mad :rolleyes:. Now that im alittle bigger though i can move the snowmobile trailer by myself so its a bit easier, but i dont think ill ever be able to move the camper, all 30ft of it :p:D

Nice weather here these last few days, it feels like mid 30's, probably closer to 40's, almost shorts weather :D. No track meet this weekend just a hockey game and maybe having some friends over.
 
34* here, and we're gettin' ice on the wings. I think I'll stay in the depot tonight. I can handle snow, but ice?......... Act's like a "butt magnet".

Bob
 
Jeff- 73*?! you guys are lucky, i wish it was 73* here, its probably around 40 out right now, not sure where this little heat wave came from.
Where you be Littlefoot? Somewhere chilly from the temp you gave. It'll be about 73 again tomorrow if you wanna come over and enjoy it. Seems the rain for tomorrow has gotten lost. There's still plenty slated for Saturday though. I understand Florida is now getting the mess we were getting last night.
 
we're in the 70's too, I finished up fixing my sons minibike. So I went trail riding for a couple of hours! we just got some rain breeze through.....This weekend is going to be nice!
 
Good Afternoon Everyone,

It's been a very wet, cold and windy four days here, it's raining as I write but not too much, it look like the rain gauge has another inch so that 4.5 at least for this stom. The temp is 34* with about a 10-15 Mph breeze which make it qute cold due to all the moisture in the air. Certainly not as cold as some areas butt I'm sure glad of that and I've been in the area for the last 40 years now too!

Well it seems that some of you folks Jim and his wife are having your problems which is unfortunate but just look at it this way, Better times are ahead.

Then others like Phillip & LTF have good news and that is uplifting to hear and Chris gave Phil some good advise about his wifes past experience.

It's good to have such a great group of folks.

Well it time to get out and make some more progress on the layout as it's got a long way to go yet and I keep making changes and revising my plan as I see things unfolding.
Like I've mentioned before, it's one thing to put things down on paper but it's another thing to get them to fit in as planned when construction and track laying actually take place.
 


Jeff- The great Adirondack Mountains of NY. And no, nowheres near chilly for january :p

Chris- Fixing the mini-bike? What happend? :rolleyes::D
 
Nope, I just think of those Adirondack trucks. When i think of mountains I think of places like El Capitan, which I've climbed once or twice in my younger days. No free climbing though. That's striktly for the birds. I'm a firn believer in safety lines and team climbing.
 
Jeff- The great Adirondack Mountains of NY. And no, nowheres near chilly for january :p

Chris- Fixing the mini-bike? What happend? :rolleyes::D

His clutch took a crap, I ordered another one and it came in yesterday. I had to put a new one in:rolleyes: Other than that his Mini Bike rocks!:D Now I got to start thinking about new rear tire.......
 
His clutch took a crap, I ordered another one and it came in yesterday. I had to put a new one in:rolleyes: Other than that his Mini Bike rocks!:D Now I got to start thinking about new rear tire.......

Nice to hear it didnt suffer from a wipeout or something, new rear tire eh? one to many burnouts? :p:D

Jeff- when i think of the adirondacks i think of all the tourists in the summer, :rolleyes:, wheres El Capitan, the only time ive ever heard that is in reference to the santa fe.
 
Rex lucky you've got some one to help ya. I just hooked up my trailer for the jeep and loaded the jeep on to it by myself today. Got everything all set for the run out to PA tomorrow for a weekend of offroading and rock crawling .
Well, not sure if you can call it help for hitching. However, she sure is great for getting us packed up. We may head to the woods in a couple of weeks. We like winter camping, but all depends on if there are any real bad storms forecast.
Have a great time Drew! :)

Littlefoot: I can manhandle the boat trailer when hitching but our travel trailer is way too heavy, so I know where you are coming from. Yes, I get like your Dad after I backup four or five times trying to get it right by the wife's instructions:o:eek:. This magnetic mount camera aims at the hitch and the 2.5" screen monitor is in the cab with you. Just backup looking at it and you got it...I hope:D.

Philip, that's just great news. I know you feel relieved now that she is at home with you.

Chris; Dang man! A new tire already?
When I was a teenager my burning rubber quickly stopped when my Dad stopped me from going on a hot date. He looked at my tires and grounded my car until I bought new ones. Nope! He wasn't going to loan me a dime and that taught me a lesson never forgotten.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good early morning, everyone.

Thank you all for your kind words. The funeral is Monday and Dianna is doing her best to stay busy and help in any way she can. Having lost a child myself, I have some idea of what they are going through. I hope they can get in some grief counseling once things settle down.

Sandy, thank you for your kind offer. I got her there on the Super Shuttle and it worked out fine. The weather seems to pretty decent for January so she won't have to adapt to any of that below zero stuff you were having. I sent her out with her LL Bean down parka but Southerner's have been known to freeze to death right through a parka. :)

LTF, thanks for reminding me that life goes on. I'm glad the horses are getting some good homes. I'd like to meet you in person someday - you must be a very special woman to have devoted yourself to all your horses like you have.

Barry, I do think we need to put a lot more effort into getting dealers who are selling things that kill people. We used to spend an inordinate amount of time enforcing pot laws while heroin dealers mostly got a free ride...as long as they stayed in the ghetto. :mad: We're now finding out what those folks have been dealing with while we sat idly by and did nothing.

Rex, we had a couple of flashes of lighting and some elevated thunder but nothing else but heavy rain. It looks like the thunderstorms were all staying north and south of us again. Got 2.17 inches altogether and it looks like we have another round coming Sunday into Monday. The hitch camera is a great idea. I have one on my rig and couldn't get the car hooked up to the Trek without when I was traveling alone. It was also nice to see the car was still attached as I was bouncing down the highway. ;)

Jeffrey, I think we can officially declare the drought dead. We're now eight inches above normal here and the swamps are even starting fill in again.

Matt, indeed, 23 is so young, but young people believe they are immortal sometimes. Don't you guys get to run around naked if it gets past 45 up there? :o

Bob, that's one more thing I hated about winter in Cleveland - ice, especially if it froze your car doors shut. Yuck!

David, they've had 14.7 inches by my old stomping grounds in Cazadero. :eek: People there are starting get suicidal with the thought of any more rain.

Phillip, excellent news that your wife is already home. She must have good protoplasm to be recovering so quickly. I hope she continues to do well. Nice shot of the CSX train. I see why they paint all the covered hoppers gray now. It's winter camouflage in Indiana. :p

Chris, a new clutch and a new rear tire? You're not trying to blame this all on your son, are you? :D

Jeffrey, after having to make 34 rescues in one season, the NPS finally made people get a permit to climb El Cap and prove they had the equipment, experience, and skills to not get in trouble. I participated in a few of those rescues when we were there for training and there's no way I'd try free climbing on El Cap, but lots of people do.

Corey, yes, the same doofus. Now it turns out he was "overseas" but never exactly went to Afghanistan. It was six months in Spain, really tough duty, I'm sure. That guy lies so much that, if he told me the sky was blue, I'd run outside and check. :mad:

Had a decent day today with no rain and temperatures that topped out at 75. Got some of the tree-like weeds out of the back 40. The ground is so saturated you can pull up ones with five foot roots with one hand. I installed a new TV in Armada's room (Daughter #2, the not crazy one) and the picture was awful. I unhooked everything and even with the cable going direct from the cable box to the TV, it was still bad. I hooked up her old TV and it was bad on that one too. I finally pulled the cable out of the wall and the coax has a nice sharp bend where the original installer crammed it on the box. Over the years, the sharp bend has turned into a cut rubber jacket and interior braid. Time to call Charter and get a new piece of cable spliced in. I think maybe doofus has a cousin that works for Charter. :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top