Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
a slow day here this evening, not to much going on just dropping in to say hello and wish everyone a nice evening. Boy sure seems a bit quiet in here lately.
 
Hey all! Great news!

They think the wife is doing well enough they're talking about sending her home a little earlier then they thought at first. They originally said 48-72 hours, but probably closer to 72. They're going to make the call tomorrow morning, so we'll see. If we get the green light, it'll be right about the 48 hour mark.

She looked WAY better today. She even ate a meal. A medicine cup of cottage cheese, and another that was 2/3 full of custard. She hadn't eaten anything slod (or semi-sloid) for 36 hours, but that filled her up. She was full! FULL! Thats so wierd.

Thanks for all the prayers everyone!
 


Earlier this evening it was one thunderstorm after another with a tornado watch for all of northwest and west central Louisiana. It was getting nasty!
 
Drew- i see your from Weschester County, have you guys been getting these little snowstorms in the morning for the last few days? Its making the roads and sidewalks real slick in the morning, and everything a muddy mess in the afternoons.

Jeff- tornados are one thing im glad NY doesnt have, ill take snow and ice, and heat and rain over wind like that any day.
 
Matt- no real snow, been a little warmer down here, just a little rain here and there yesterday, made it a fun drive home with no working wipers in the jeep. This morning there was some nice little spots of ice nothing that bad.
 
Drew- i see weve had a few days in a row where its snowed about 2-3inches, outside right now weve got probably 8-12 inches on the ground, im guessing you "southerners" have alittle less?

Jeff- Were you one of the professionals in the plated vehicles or an amatuer?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am having one those mixed feeling times. I feel releif because something stressful is probably over and sadness because two kids lost out on scouting for a second time due to their idiotic mother. Our troublesome den leader did not show tonight so she and her kids are now out of the pack offically. The church minister will be calling her tomorrow to give her the final verdict. Now we can get back to having fun and a great Pinewood Derby on Saturday.
 
I'd love to go chase some twisters, but I want a very fast truck with a ver good suspension to do it, think baja race truck would do.

Matt we got no snow on the ground after rain this weekend and been close to 40 the past few days.
 


Hey all! Great news!

They think the wife is doing well enough they're talking about sending her home a little earlier then they thought at first. They originally said 48-72 hours, but probably closer to 72. They're going to make the call tomorrow morning, so we'll see. If we get the green light, it'll be right about the 48 hour mark.

She looked WAY better today. She even ate a meal. A medicine cup of cottage cheese, and another that was 2/3 full of custard. She hadn't eaten anything slod (or semi-sloid) for 36 hours, but that filled her up. She was full! FULL! Thats so wierd.

Thanks for all the prayers everyone!

She'll be able to eat more further down the road....problem is believe it or not she can stretch her pouch too far and undo all the operation has fixed! My wife's pouch has stretched some but she still fills up quick! Just make sure she takes her vitamins!
 
Evening, everyone.

It's been a tough time here. Dianna found out late last night that her best friend since high school (she was also matron of honor at our wedding) son was found dead in their bathroom. Sounds like a heroin overdose. He had been clean for six months but apparently started riding the horse again. I'm sure his dealer gave him a hot load to lure him back. A hot load is one that's almost pure heroin instead of being cut 60 or 70% with things like milk sugar. Most really experienced addicts know not to use all of the dose form a new dealer or one trying to get you back again but white, suburban kids don't have a lot of smarts about how to use heroin without killing themselves immediately. He was only 23 and was found by his father. :( I spent most of the night getting her flights out to Fort Collins, where her friend lives, and arranging shuttle transportation to and Denver International. She left at 11:00 am and made it to Denver safely but I haven't heard anything about how things are going. Both parents are taking this very hard, as is Dianna. Unfortunately, God does things that make no sense and all we can do is have hope and pray. {Soapbox on} This is a good example of why I support Singapore's method of dealing with heroin dealers. You get caught selling, you have a trial within three days, if you're found guilty, you're immediately executed. The amount of heroin usage in Singapore is practically nil. Think there's a connection? {/soapbox off}

Phillip, that's excellent news about your wife. If she's eating and keeping down anything, she's already ahead of most bariatric surgery patients. I don't know if saw this article about possible new oral meds for MS (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_he_me/us_med_multiple_sclerosis). Not perfect by any means but at least some progress is being made.

Jeffrey, lots of rain here - 1.10 inches so far - but just few lightning strikes. All the more severe storms are stay south of for now. Things could change fore the worse tomorrow afternoon if we get any afternoon sun and heating, since the atmosphere is primed for super cell development. Looks like Saturday night through Sunday could be tricky as well. Man, go from freezing and snow to thunderstorms and tornadoes in a week. :eek: So much for living in the Southland, I guess.

Tom, too bad that the mom had to deprive her kids of the Scouting experience but there always seem to be a few. Boy, I remember Pinewood Derbies. I never won but I always had the coolest looking paint job. :)

Matt, I'm an "official" SkyWarn spotter and ham radio operator. I don't chase storms though, I just wait for them to come to me. I still like to be near my basement. I have a nice hill I can sit on and have about a 20 mile view. I can see anything that's coming and hit repeaters up in Birmingham to relay information if something is going on. Chasing tornadoes sounds like fun until you've got a funnel cloud on the ground about half a mile from you and you're not sure which way to run. One experience like that was enough for me, thanks.

My time clock is all messed up since I got about two hours sleep last night, took a two hour nap this afternoon, and still feel like it should be yesterday. On top of that, daughter number one just called to inform me that her and doofus, with doofus driving, manage to back up and hit a parked SUV. Of course, it was the parked car's fault. :mad:. Supposedly, doofus has insurance, which I think is a lie. I've been waiting for my credit union to send me the title since the car was paid off on January 11th, so I can sign it over to her and get her off my insurance. If it's not in tomorrow's mailing, I'm going to kill someone. This is the same 22 year old, going on 12, who managed to total her last car this summer. My insurance company is going to be real happy to hear about another accident. Every time Mama goes out of town, this girl causes some kind of crisis. It's too bad you can't divorce your kid sometimes. :rolleyes:
 
Evening, everyone.

It's been a tough time here. Dianna found out late last night that her best friend since high school (she was also matron of honor at our wedding) son was found dead in their bathroom. Sounds like a heroin overdose. He had been clean for six months but apparently started riding the horse again. I'm sure his dealer gave him a hot load to lure him back. A hot load is one that's almost pure heroin instead of being cut 60 or 70% with things like milk sugar. Most really experienced addicts know not to use all of the dose form a new dealer or one trying to get you back again but white, suburban kids don't have a lot of smarts about how to use heroin without killing themselves immediately. He was only 23 and was found by his father. :( I spent most of the night getting her flights out to Fort Collins, where her friend lives, and arranging shuttle transportation to and Denver International. She left at 11:00 am and made it to Denver safely but I haven't heard anything about how things are going. Both parents are taking this very hard, as is Dianna. Unfortunately, God does things that make no sense and all we can do is have hope and pray. {Soapbox on} This is a good example of why I support Singapore's method of dealing with heroin dealers. You get caught selling, you have a trial within three days, if you're found guilty, you're immediately executed. The amount of heroin usage in Singapore is practically nil. Think there's a connection? {/soapbox off}

Phillip, that's excellent news about your wife. If she's eating and keeping down anything, she's already ahead of most bariatric surgery patients. I don't know if saw this article about possible new oral meds for MS (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_he_me/us_med_multiple_sclerosis). Not perfect by any means but at least some progress is being made.

Jeffrey, lots of rain here - 1.10 inches so far - but just few lightning strikes. All the more severe storms are stay south of for now. Things could change fore the worse tomorrow afternoon if we get any afternoon sun and heating, since the atmosphere is primed for super cell development. Looks like Saturday night through Sunday could be tricky as well. Man, go from freezing and snow to thunderstorms and tornadoes in a week. :eek: So much for living in the Southland, I guess.

Tom, too bad that the mom had to deprive her kids of the Scouting experience but there always seem to be a few. Boy, I remember Pinewood Derbies. I never won but I always had the coolest looking paint job. :)

Matt, I'm an "official" SkyWarn spotter and ham radio operator. I don't chase storms though, I just wait for them to come to me. I still like to be near my basement. I have a nice hill I can sit on and have about a 20 mile view. I can see anything that's coming and hit repeaters up in Birmingham to relay information if something is going on. Chasing tornadoes sounds like fun until you've got a funnel cloud on the ground about half a mile from you and you're not sure which way to run. One experience like that was enough for me, thanks.

My time clock is all messed up since I got about two hours sleep last night, took a two hour nap this afternoon, and still feel like it should be yesterday. On top of that, daughter number one just called to inform me that her and doofus, with doofus driving, manage to back up and hit a parked SUV. Of course, it was the parked car's fault. :mad:. Supposedly, doofus has insurance, which I think is a lie. I've been waiting for my credit union to send me the title since the car was paid off on January 11th, so I can sign it over to her and get her off my insurance. If it's not in tomorrow's mailing, I'm going to kill someone. This is the same 22 year old, going on 12, who managed to total her last car this summer. My insurance company is going to be real happy to hear about another accident. Every time Mama goes out of town, this girl causes some kind of crisis. It's too bad you can't divorce your kid sometimes. :rolleyes:

Jim all I can say is, "Yes you can!;).......You can disown your 21year old. The question is when you set down the law and the terms of the lock out to her can you and your wife stick to your guns and keep the door locked? BTW< Doesn't Singapore allow Caning of wayward children?:confused: If they do, Move there! I'm sure the second your daughter and doofus sees you on the pourch with a cane waving it like a nija sword they will say away!:D

As for Crime and punishment Singapore and China are tough! I watched a Chinese mass execution....the criminals dug their own grave along a road way and they pop one at a time and the next criminal in line back fills the hole then neals in front of his grave. 22 to the back of the head and the chain continues... if'n i'm correct they charge the cost of the 22 shell to the criminals family!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
such sad news to read here today.

:(

Well. on a more positive note,
remember the cute two year old colt I got a couple of weeks ago?
he's found a great new home.
also, a lovely mare off the race track has been placed, and a baby in really rough shape on the feedlot gets a new home next week.

and its not snowing. the sun was out yesterday.

I should spend some time getting caught up here. haven't been on for a bit, I'm way behind.
 
Good morning folks.

latenttrainfan, thank you for that uplifting post. It makes me feel better already.:)

Jim, I'm sorry to hear of your family troubles. Did that doofus remember where he was stationed at yet?:rolleyes:

Today is one of the three busiest days at work all year. The good part is dealing with the high school kids. They are a far cry from bride and grooms. The funny thing is that they all fit the same, only the kids don't get all worked up about it. Yup, the boss will have some serious cash flow after tomorrow.

Well, we had freezing rain last night so I had better get going. It looks like traffic is moving a little slower, I don't want to be late.

Have a great day everyone!
 
Jeff- Were you one of the professionals in the plated vehicles or an amatuer?
I was an amateur. I chased tornadoes for 911 and notified them as to their direction and speed. Sometimes that meant getting in front of them.




Good morning. It's 60 and partly cloudy. The high will be in the low 70's with some clouds.

Last night was dominated by a lot of rain and wind with all of west central and north west Louisiana under a severe thunderstorm watch and tornado watch. Today I'll see if I can get some more of the layout cleared off, IF something else doesn't get in the way as it has the past few days. I've also got a couple of movies recoded on the DVR that I'd like to watch. One of them is 'Support Your Local Gunfighter'. I've seen it before but it's always worth seeing again.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1200382.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that think it is cold, here's what Hoosiers do:

65 above zero:
Floridians turn on the heat.
Hoosier plant gardens.

60 above zero:
Californians shiver uncontrollably..
Hoosier sunbathe.

50 above zero:
Italian & English cars won't start.
Hoosier drive with the windows down.

40 above zero:
Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, and wool hats
Hoosier throw on a flannel shirt.

35 above zero:
New York city landlords finally turn up the heat.
Hoosier have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20 above Zero:
People in Miami all die.
Hoosier close the windows.

Zero:
Californians fly away to Mexico .
Hoosier get out their winter coats.

10 below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates.
The Girl Scouts in Indiana are selling cookies door to door.

20 below zero:
Washington DC runs out of hot air.
Hoosier let the dogs sleep indoors.

30 below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Hoosier get upset because they can't start the snow-mobile.

40 below zero:
ALL atomic motion stops.
Hoosier start saying...'cold enough fer ya?'

50 below zero:
Hell freezes over.
Indiana public schools will open 2 hours late.

Bob
 
Good Morning All!

Jim...If I can help with Dianna getting around here, please let me know. I live only 20 minutes from DIA. I am sorry to hear about her friend's son. 23 is simply too young to die for any reason.

LTF...Glad to hear about the homes for your horses. I bet placing them keeps you BUSY!

Philip...So glad to hear that your wife did so well! I'll say a prayer for her continued success. :)

Rex...I too, have been reveling in the lights coming back on in Massachusetts! Huge win! :D

The Stock Show is about over and the Christmas lights will be coming down all over Colorado this weekend. Will kind of miss them. Drove by several houses yesterday night that were still lit up.

Tom...With nephews who were Boy Scouts, one made Eagle Scout...I can understand your frustration with a wayward den leader. I especially feel sorry for her sons who will lose out on so much because of her selfishness.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday. Am going to see Blind Side this afternoon. I am not too much of a movie fan, but thought this one was worth seeing. :rolleyes:

Sandy
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top