Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a VERY simple way of directing a driver to hook up a hitch, IF the person doing the directing knows what they're doing.

its the ones that stand in the wrong place and wave their arms around in some sort of secret code manner that I can't stand.

I always have to do it myself. I HATE when I miss. all that ensuing diddling around makes me crazy.

one more horse has found herself a good home.
I'm moving in a month, so the fewer horses I have to move with me, the better. good homes are a must though, they can't go just anywhere. by Tuesday, I 'll be down to 11. I haven't had that few in I don't know how many years. 15? something like that.

I hate packing and moving books. think I'll get rid of a bunch of paperbacks this week. clean out the cupboards, and get rid of everything that is'n't absolutely special.

downsize, downsize, downsize. From now on, only keep what is VERY special, beautiful, and wonderful.

good dishes only. good linens. get rid of the every day stuff. fine china, fine crystal, REAL jewelry. who needs the fake stuff anyway. Bring on the limoge, the waterford, and emeralds.

wahooo. :D
 
Cypress Gardens theme park was just bought out by Legoland!

cluch burned out due to it being a crapy clutch as for the tire.....to much riding on the street. kinda sux's that the bike gets 60 miles to 1/2 gallon of gas! the kid starts riding and goes all day.
 
Hitching a trailer? I have a "marker" mounted to the trailer, a little ball-like gizmo attched to a spring thing. It mounts right to the trailer. There is a "sight" in the back window of the truck and all I do is keep the "ball in the box". It also helps to have a "Hitch Buddy". If I'm a little off target, it guides the coupler right to the ball.

I had the "sight" etched into the rear window, I think I paid $50 to have it done at a local car glass shop. A real headache stopper. My language also improved.

Jim, Drugs. An accidental suicide just waiting to happen. And the dealers should be punished to the maximum the law provides. I had an ex-girlfriend whose son turned to dealing. He was spoiled. Wanted it all and turned to dealing to subsidize his lifestyle. He was in college. He sold some LSD to a kid and the kid died. He only served 3 years. What? Killed someone, dealing drugs, and only served 3 years? Plea bargains should be outlawed. Commit the crime, do the time. He should have gotten 15-20, that's the law. Time served consecutively, none of this concurrent crap. Crowded prisons? Who cares?

Thankfully, his siblings got the message

LTF, sounds like an eBay day. One person's trash is another person's treasure. We had some of the most god-awful ugly rugs. I put them on eBay and got almost $100 dollars each out of the (7)rugs. People will buy ANYTHING on that site. We started the bidding at $5, figuring that I'd have to repost them anyway, and the bidders went NUTS!!!! I'm not complaining. And the buyer's taste in rugs blew me away. Those rugs were downright BUTT UGLY!!!!!!!!!

We have applied to Dogs Deserve Better. They are a rescue group for abused dogs. Usually dogs found that have been chained, or otherwise abused. We got a call from our pet store wanting to know if we would take a couple of Boston Terriers to foster. Well, Angela, being an animal lover, applied. The dogs will be here Saturday. Both came from a puppy mill and lack social graces(read, they poop in the house). One is a 13# female that the owners had started to starve because she would no longer breed. The other is a 5-year old, 15# female that also refused to breed. She had severe medical problems, a hernia, and other internal maladies. The group had a vet that volunteered her services and she's as good as new. Both are now spayed and in good health with all shots up to date.

I've already got a plan to housebreak the girls. I have a leash, about 6' long with clasps at both ends. I'll just hook them to our 35# male Boston when we let him out and have him train them. That will also train them to know the boundaries of the property. And if that doesn't work, there's always on Weimy. I doubt they can overpower him.

Well, time for breakfast, sausage, eggs, toast, and lots of coffee.

Bob
 


Good morning. It's 42 and clear. The high today will be in the low 70's and it will be partly cloudy. Looks like thunderstorms will be on tap for tomorrow.

Nothing special on the agenda for today so I'll likely have some time for working on the layout a bit. A few minutes here and a few minutes there make a difference. Once I get to the point that I can get under the layout to the access holes I'll be able to give it a proper dusting. Last nights project was fitting a 53' container to a 54' flatcar. Not something you're likely to see on the rails every day so that makes it all the more unusual. I'll also be sorting through the boxes in the coming weeks to find the dinosaurs I'll need for a dinosaur wrangling scene. I've used it in the past and it always got a chuckle.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1220383.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 34 F as I headed in this morning. High will be 44 F. It looks like the snow/freezing rain/sleet/rain will stay to the south of us.

Busy day yesterday. Had a few fires to put out when I walked in the office. The fact that I had to leave early compounded the situation. I spent some of the afternoon and evening picking up supplies for our Cub Scout pack’s Pinewood Derby. I will be taking off early again today to run some errands I need to get done before the Derby. We will be inspecting and checking-in cars tonight.

Tomorrow before the Derby we will go to my daughter’s Engineering Team competition. She is not a presenter so she does not have to stay for the whole day. She made a lot of the buildings on their model of a future city so we want to see it.

Maybe I will get some train time in this weekend.

I hope everybody has a god day.
 
so.

somebody please explain to me why I have so many pair of jeans tht don't fit me? I get rid of anything thats too small right away. so why do I keep the stuff that's too big?
well, not anymore. its GONE, all GONE.

all those single glasses, and plates? GONE. thrift shops won't take them, why should I keep them? so. they're GONE. this is so much fun. :D :D

closets cleaned out. I don't have much in the way of clothes anymore so it didn't take long. odd to think I once had over 100 pairs of shoes. yes, youread that right. I was such a fashion plate when I was younger. now? one pair rubber barn boots. One pair dress boots. as in, tall Dressage riding boots, not go to town boots. One pair field boots. As in, tall hunter/jumper riding boots. not boots to go hiking in. one pair paddock boots, which are short ankle height riding boots used for at home riding, not showing.
that's it for boots/shoes.

next, toss out my 30 yr. old pots. I want NEW ones. its time.

after that, I tackle the library. I might have to have a really good fire tonight, some of the stuff I have there isn't worth the drive to give them to anyone. the library isn't interested. I promise not to burn Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. :D
 
Hi gang! Time for a little lunch. Flo, I feel like a hot roast beef sandwich. Give LT and Sandy what they want and put it on Chris's tab.

LT>.....its the ones that stand in the wrong place and wave their arms around in some sort of secret code manner that I can't stand.
You just described Carolyn and her code changes by the minute LOL:D
Your clean-out is just what I need to do. (If I could only get a dump truck.)

Bob: I thought about something like that, but a lot of my problem is from wearing progressive lens glasses and trying to line up looking out the side of them. Dang near breaks my neck to get a good alignment in sight. I can usually get it by myself better than with help and without glasses on, but it still takes several attempts to get the alignment and distance. Besides: I wanted a GADGET!:D:D

Jim: Get ready for the next from Doofus. "I was on a "SECRET" assignment." or "I was in Special Forces and I'm not allowed to talk about it". (Surprised he hasn't thought about these.) Don't know how many times I've heard this from people only for them to trip up later on, particularly when I would ask little tricky questions about something relative. :D :rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Uuummmmmm, Rex, I knew there was a ulterior motive. A new gadget. I've got one of them things too. I wear bifocals too, comes with age, but I turn clear around, looking over my right shoulder, grab the steering wheel at the bottom with me left hand and can hitch up faster than with my rear view camera. Maybe I'm just too old school.

When I drove a semi tractor for my Dad part time, I had marks on the mirrors. Maybe that's how I learned to hitch a trailer. But, I think hitching a tractor to a trailer is easier than hitching up a boat.....

ltf, my, not Angela's. cast iron fryin' pans are ancient. They belonged to my great grandmother, and who knows how long she had them. I keep them well seasoned and wouldn't trade them for new ones if my life depended on it. and my "Chili Bucket" is a big blue graniteware deal. Makes up 3 1/2 gallons at a time. You'd have to fight me for it if you wanted to replace it. It belonged to my grandmother and makes the WORLDS BEST CHILI. And that ain't braggin', just tellin' it like it is.

Bob
 


okay. had to laugh. Rex, MY name is Carolyn. :D :D
StationMaster, a good fry pan is forever. I have a set. AND a crepe pan that will never leave me, no matter how often my mother tries to steal if from me. :D

I don't do bifocals. I have two pairs, one for all day use, and my reading glasses, for the computer, and well....


reading.

I'm having a very GOD day myself today. sorting through stuff, and convincing myself I do NOT need to save all the stuff that is fabric, because lets face it, I'm NOT going to be doing any hand quilting in the near future. or the distant future.

I should sell my quilt frame. its a thing of beauty.
but, like my train lay-out, it calls to me....

and yet, I never have the time to actually DO it. sometimes it sits there, making me feel quilty {quilty? haha} about not using it, and about all the fabric I have sitting in my sewing room.

well, ya know what? TOO BAD. it can sit there. I refuse to buy into the quilt anymore.ut can serve other functions. like draping blankets, or hanging laundry. so there.


My.


THAT was refreshing. :D
 
Hey Guys and Gals!

Had a good productive unemployed day that is:rolleyes:. Started the lovely morning by taking the two trees I cut down to the dump. To make matters worst it has been raining here since 6pm last night and finished up around 5am this morning. So the dump was soft and muddy, hard enough to keep a 4x2 from getting stuck alone. Needless to say 45min to off load the 2360#'s of stumps and branches an I would admit that was a heavy load to drag around the muddy dump! Then came home to finish my chores! Got the bathrooms, Kitchen, and the boys bed rooms klean. Then Shampooed the bed room carpets and mopped all the floors. Just waiting on the dryer so I can get a couple of more loads of laundry out of the way then i can pick my son up from School and tennis practice. Then I can Cook Dinner and do the dishes! we can say I was a very active slave today!;):) I'm going to be a wonderful wife some day!:DLOL's
 
Been doing good today. I weighted several cars to NMRA specs and did some work on a flatcar. Twisted my left ankle during exercises today. Nothing serious. It'll be a forgotten memory by tomorrow. I was looking at my trackside diner today and thought that it needs a fuel source for the stoves and such and I just happened to remember that I have an old N Scale single dome tank car. I stripped the tank from the body, roughed it up a little then painted it silver. Voila, instant propane tank.
 
Good Evening

What's all this cleaning in aid of? It ain't even Spring yet!! Sheesh!!:eek::D:D:D

Actually we did most of that last fall--that way our Spring will be spent getting Audrey's quilt collection out in the backyard to air out---and get pix off for the dang insurance!!:eek::)

As for the weekend--I'm spending tomorrow with a large quilt and rum toddy and try to heat out a dang cold bug that I came down with---RRRRRR:mad:

Have a good evening-----BTW-Chris, t'is a good thing wife has kept you busy--keeps you outta trouble!!:D:D:D;)
 
LT , when Chris finishes up at your place, send him on down here. That is funny about the name :D.

Hey Chris, does Florida allow same sex marriage? LOL :D
 
My wife say I'm a good __tch, and good ones are hard to come by these days.........so the answer is no I can't cleans yur houses and I'm not on loan! My wife doesn't share well!;):D But when she came home I got Two thumbs up on the job!:p
 
Chris- Please don't be so loud with your domestic accomplishments.
You are making some of us look bad. Of course, I don't need much help to look bad.LOL

LTF- You have ruined my exotic vision of you as an over-worked, horse heroine, who struggled to muck out the barn without ruining her nails. Now, you turn out to be a lady with a nice name, who is struggling with the very ordinary problem of down sizing her household.
How many horses will you be able to take with you?
Will you still be able to have a train layout? (Careful how you answer that one... this is a model train forum!)
Let us know how the selection progresses. If you need any help, Chris is available for a nominal fee, plus travel expenses. And beer. And tacos!

Have a great weekend!
 
Received A 6 pack of Walthers 100 ton gons I bought from Josh today. Nice and the weight feels good out of the box. I also picked up an MTH SD70Ace George Bush pain scheme that I will upgrade to a Tsunami. While there I picked up one of the MTH motion cars. hard to explain but they ae so hookey it makes them cute. They have a window on the side with a back light powered from the track. The one I have has sharks that move across the screen. I'll video it this weekend. I'll be visiting Lins Junction to get a Tsunami decoder for the SD70 and then stop by and check out the GATSME club layout since they have an open house tomorrow and Sunday.http://www.gatsme.org/ Hope it's not their last year :confused:
 


Chris- Please don't be so loud with your domestic accomplishments.
You are making some of us look bad. Of course, I don't need much help to look bad.LOL

LTF- You have ruined my exotic vision of you as an over-worked, horse heroine, who struggled to muck out the barn without ruining her nails. Now, you turn out to be a lady with a nice name, who is struggling with the very ordinary problem of down sizing her household.
How many horses will you be able to take with you?
Will you still be able to have a train layout? (Careful how you answer that one... this is a model train forum!)
Let us know how the selection progresses. If you need any help, Chris is available for a nominal fee, plus travel expenses. And beer. And tacos!

Have a great weekend!

Mikey, missery loves company! and if'n i go down I'm take the rest of you with me! I ain't going to be the only domesticated husband here....;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top