Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 3 women from 21-43 that know my situation and are falling over them selves getting in line to be mrs hanson #2! Also 2 other customers are wanting to set their daughters up with me. lol's one door closes and another starts creeking open.
As long as none of them are named Wendy...:eek:
 
As long as none of them are named Wendy...:eek:

Good God you remember her! ROFLMAO! O God I would rather Have 6 Janette's to contend with than her! I ran in to her in Wally World a year ago, Life was crule to her!:eek: That's a page in my life that I'm glad got turned early!

I got a whole new set of dating rules set up so I don't repeat the same mistakes just create new ones!:p;):rolleyes::DLOL's I'm not going to start dating again until I can secure a night job and or the lawn service is at 100%.:)
 
Good morning everyone.

We are returning to hot and muggy status. Highs in the upper eighties and a hefty dew point to boot. I have a sixty fifth anniversary party to attend this afternoon that is outside. I think I may need a few frosty refreshments to keep me cool. It's suppose to be the same weather tomorrow when I'm betting on the ponies at the horse track. It's my Wife's birthday tomorrow and she would like to bet the ponies. Who am I to argue?:D We don't bet much, therefore we don't lose much. It's a festive atmosphere outside that costs less than dinner and a movie.

I made a mistake while pushing forward with my tree planting. There is track behind the hill that needs to be ballasted before I can't reach it easily. Well, unless I remove some of the trees I planted last night I have to find a step stool and reach over the hill while ballasting.:( Not only are there two tracks but two turnouts as well. Hum, I may need to remove some of those trees after all. It will be worth it to have better access to the track. Replanting trees is easier than removing fouled turnouts.

I hope you all are having a good end to your summer. Personally I can't wait for cooler fall temperatures. Of course, winter comes shorty after. What the heck am I wishing for?!:D

Have a great weekend.
 


Good morning. It's 79 and sunny. The high will be 97 with a heat index of 112 and there's a 20% chance of thunderstorms.

I would think that UPS stumbled somewhere along the way as my steering column didn't come in yesterday. Today I'll be taking it easy. One thing that has to be done is to mark out the area of the layout that will be removed. I have to make an additional support leg for the west side as it will no longer have the support of the front member that at the moment goes all the way across. After the cut is made there will be a 20" gap in that member. The wiring underneath will have to be taken down. Instead of lengthening all the existing wires it will be easier to simply rewire the layout. This will give me the chance to rewire it for DCC operation and do away with all but a few of the blocks and simplify the wiring immensely. Looks like I'll be going to Lowe's for a roll of wire.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011306.jpg
 
Holy crap Dana! Thats a big control panel for 32"x54". That almost looks like a sound board to me. Is that a pickup truck glued to one of the switches, about mid picture, bottom 1/3 of the picture? :D

LOL! You're absolutely right Mike. And the pic was only the center half of the board. That was the light and pyro control board for the Toby Keith
American Ride Tour that we went to last night. And yes, that is a pickup glued to the board. Couldn't resist the deception. And no Mike, no insult here.

Chris:
If she want the devorce well brother she has to pay for it! She can't get her bills paid on time, Her dad already quite helping her(he's starting to see what I was going through), and she steals money from Ryan..... And I was accused of being bad with my money!LOL What comes around goes around!

Hang in there my friend...you're doing the right thing. My ex liked to spend money too. Give her a dime and she'd spend $150.00 with it. You can go to court now and get custody of Ryan, you don't have to wait on the divorce papers. Take care of him first, and he's oldf enough to be able to give solid input to the courts. Check into it.
 
I went to Lowe's for a roll of wire. I came back with 2 one gallon buckets of Rapid Coat joint compound, a 1/2 pint of paint I got for 50 cents, 2 plastic putty knives, 2 25 ft rolls of 16 gauge primary wire (1 green, 1 white), 1 50 ft root of 18 gauge speaker wire, 2 packs of 25 coaxial clamps and a 5 pack of Pull-Twist metal cutting disks for the Dremel. Oh, and mustn't forget the bottle of Mountain Dew.
 
Hi everyone!
I finally got caught up with my "duties and tasks" (:p) and the wife and her siblings have taken care of most of their mother's estate business. The squabble between one of the brothers and her sister is still going on, but they have been doing this off and on since they were pups. (I'm staying well clear! lol;))

I didn't mention before that during the days prior to my MIL's funeral, our house was central for all and therefore, it became the visiting home for all that wanted to personally give their condolences. Everyone that came-by had to see the train setup that they have heard about. I don't know how many times that I started and shutdown the layout for them. I do know that I had loco's all over the place because each wanted to see different locos run. Danged confusing! All this crap about being shy telling people that your into MR is bull. Everyone was genuinely interested and fascinated including: church fuddy-duddies, avid hunters and outdoorsmen, housewives, educators, etc. Only one of the visitors had ever seen anything other than videos about MR and all were amazed at the sounds of the locos, scenery, and electronics. As my wife's hard core, deer hunter, cousin said, "It ain't my bag, but it's certainly a good and fun hobby with lots of things to do in it."

The heat and extreme humidity is still with us, but we have had some badly needed showers over this past week. Great kit building weather in the comfort of cool A/C.....and nothing else;):D

BTW to all ARG'ers: I haven't forgotten to try and have another Op session, but it has been just Toooooo Hot to think about right now. I'm looking at this Fall when Bama has an away-game.

Take care all, ya'hear!:D:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm looking at this Fall when Bama has an away-game." HMM!!!!!! that may sound like a good time to visit my aunt and uncle in Selma.
 
Evening Rex,and all in the Coffee Shop. Well,today was the Swap Meet at Oak Mountain Toy and Hobby,in Pelham,and while it wasn't a big event,it was none the less a good day for those who came by to see what was offered. In fact,your's truly here,came away with a new Bowser U-25B loco in Frisco colors, an ExactRail Southern Waffle Side Boxcar,and a Walther's Southern Pulpwood flat. I did sell a few locos,so kind of even trade. Rex, I wish to say how sorry I am about your Mother in Law,you have my Sympathies sir,and I hope you and Mrs. Heacock,are doing okay. I hope to post some pics of the new toys I got today as possible. William.
 


Let's just say that was one girl that left an impression, to remember her after 20 years...:rolleyes: and she wasn't even my girlfriend...:eek:

LOL! yes, she was a person that should have been fed to the gator's, Although after todays event with Janette, she is starting to run a close second! Man, I won't get into it but my wife is going through a mid life what ever you want to call it and is acting like a stupid 18 year old! :mad:

All I can say, she is burning a bridge with Ryan so fast it isn't funny!:mad::mad::(:( Stupid is as stupid does I guess!:mad:
 
True geniuses are rare but idiots are a dime a dozen. What you catch depends on what bait you use.
Mebbe Chris should stop using the WalMart 10 cent bait...
I only pick on him because I can. We've known each other since before Al Gore invented the Internet:D.
 
Mebbe Chris should stop using the WalMart 10 cent bait...
I only pick on him because I can. We've known each other since before Al Gore invented the Internet:D.

Terry Thats funny! I switched to 25 cent bait, and we knew each other before dirt was invented!
 
Been a couple days since ive been in here

Chris- Sounds like things are looking up for you. If you can get custody, id do it asap. Especially if your son wants you and to go to his old school.

Terry- Do you ever work on Jayco travel trailers? Our screen door got bent but i have no clue how it happened. Im wondering if this is just one of those things that is common on campers?

Jeff- You run alittle bit better track than i do, but its comparable. Have you ever run SD40T-2s or SD40-2s it? Im worried about minimum radius.

Well between football and life ive been busy. I went to camp after practice yesterday. I got there about 4ish and from about 9 last night until right now, its still raining. We got out of there early this morning. Coming home we met gridlock and sheets of rain. Then we got the call letting us know that my great grandma had collapsed and was in a major hospital about an hour south of my house. Last i heard she was in a coma, on breathing tubes, and had a possible stroke. Its not looking good at all and it looks like theyre waiting for the rest of the family to fly in, come together and see whats going to happen. Its not looking good, im afriad its going to be a case of let everyone say goodbye and let grandma pass to her reward. I dont know if im going to practice tommorow morning. Ive only met her a few times, but i used to spend alot of time with her and my dad when we lived down the road. I know my dad is going down in the morning. I feel i should go but i dont really know what to do. I havent seen her is probably 8-9yrs.

Ill probably be gone for a few days, it looks like this is going to be a really busy time period. Im supposed to volunteer with the fire dept starting wednesday though sunday and work around the outcome of great grandma. To mix in with this mess is football and finish that freakin summer work. Ill try and post sometime later this week.

I hope nothing pops up with any of the folks in here and if i do happen to miss anything, accept my late congratulations/condolences :rolleyes:
 
Terry- Do you ever work on Jayco travel trailers? Our screen door got bent but i have no clue how it happened. Im wondering if this is just one of those things that is common on campers?
The screen doors are just flimsy aluminum framing with nylon screen. As long as the extrusion isn't kinked, you can easily bend it back into position.
 


Chris- Sounds like things are looking up for you. If you can get custody, id do it asap. Especially if your son wants you and to go to his old school.

Well funny you mentioned it!

Another as, "Chris' world turns!"

I made a boo-boo this evening! I went to my wife's house to return Ryans Phone to him. when I arrived, she was on the phone to her mom! I didnt put one+one together, and like a fool tried to talk to her. Right when I think, I was getting through to her her father petales up on his bicycle and Yells at me. In short, "get out of here your nothing but touble and threaten to kill me cause I called him a mean sorry SOB! When I got to talk to my wife I seen where all this stuff is comming from............. HIM, She is a puppet on his string.

My son was dragged in to this ugly argument. 4 hours later, Now they are willing to give custody to me 5 days a week so he can return to his old school! I told them only if they get court ordered document stating such with her and my FIL signiture's on them!I'm NOT taking any chances, He did threaten to kill me for calling him a SOB! Better safe than sorry! well got to go things to type!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top