Folks dig them out of their closets, attics, basements, shed, etc and send them to me for little or nothing just to be rid of them. Sometimes I don't even know they're coming. A box just shows up. Many times they're bits and pieces that I have to fit together as best I can. Sometimes they're pristine models in their original boxes, other times they're serviceable but in need of some work.jeffery you horsetrader where do you keep coming with all these cars?? lol & yea we want pics![]()
nice now you did it!! i want that centerflow kellogg hopperFolks dig them out of their closets, attics, basements, shed, etc and send them to me for little or nothing just to be rid of them. Sometimes I don't even know they're coming. A box just shows up. Many times they're bits and pieces that I have to fit together as best I can. Sometimes they're pristine models in their original boxes, other times they're serviceable but in need of some work.
Take this car for instance:
![]()
I picked it up on Ebay as part of a junk purchase. It's an old Tyco centerflow hopper from the early 70's (brown box era). It was a disaster when I got it. The roofwalk was missing, somebody had fitted it with OO trucks and wheels with hook and loop couplers. I had to rebuild the bottom of it and refitted with the original type Tyco trucks with Bachmann metal wheels. The roofwalk came from another hopper body that was an absolute basket case (no bottom, no ladders, etc) . That's the condition in which I get many of them.
wow thats quite the adventure , yea as im finding out down here the snowbirds mostly cant drive when they come from all over the country & try to blend , and i cant remember if you told me or not but when did you move outta cape coma & move up north ??
Sorry, I'm rather attached to it. Only reason I got it was that I had one when I was a kid. I'm slowly getting replacements for all those cars I had back then.nice now you did it!! i want that centerflow kellogg hopper![]()
The Mrs. wants the whole house painted before we move in too so I'll be complaining about painting fairly soon too!![]()
ahhhh shut up & know your role !!!!!The Mrs. wants the whole house painted before we move in too so I'll be complaining about painting fairly soon too!![]()
Yes Ma'am!ahhhh shut up & know your role !!!!!![]()
