Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning, it's 29 degrees here now and the HOT TUB is great till you get out. Happy New Years everybody............ Hungry.........can't believe I'm still up. A little food and some sleep.........
 
It's 16° right now with a forecast high of 23° with winds of 5-10 MPH. A frigid start to the new year. The weatherman says it is supposed to warm up as the week progresses. I'm certainly going to hold him to it!:p

I hope everyone has a very good year!
 


Our precipitation is white and crunchy and is blowing around and is slick and did I say it's cold and miserable and .........well, you get the idea!:p
 
Our precipitation is white and crunchy and is blowing around and is slick and did I say it's cold and miserable and .........well, you get the idea!:p
Yeah, I get the idea. I've lived in parts of the world where 'a little bit of snow' is between two and four feet and the temps make you think of 20 degrees as a heat wave. That was way back in the 60's and 70's. I was glad to put those places behind me.
 
Good Morning

Well, we are up...that is about it.

Kinda ccold and raw today but we are seeing a curious yellow orb this morning..high of 25F expected...low of 16F later

We did do the shiveree thing and got a little silly here...went through the neighbourhood collecting all sorts of people and ended up with a bit of a parade through the neigbourhood..Now, if'n you did this this morning you would get old shoes, clocks, a few bottles and bricks...
 
Good Afternoon; Happy New Year !

It's 41F and Overcast this afternoon. This is about as warm as it will get this week, according to the forecasters.

I took a good hard look at my layout, and my accumulation of equipment. I was surprised how well everything blends in to the era I am trying to replicate. Now if I can blend in structures and scenery..............

Joe
 


One good thing about the rainy New Year's day is all the college football games to watch.
Another good thing about the rain is that you do not have to shovel it!;)
 
Worked on an F7A today that just suddenly went dead on me. No pop, no poof, no smoke, no nothing! Opened it up to find that the black pickup wire that connects to the frame had burned in two. I stripped the ends, spliced in a new piece of wire then closed it up and tested it. First on the program track to check for any shorts then on the main line for a test run. It works all right now. I don't know why but it seems this problem occurs a lot with Bachmann decoders. If there's any weakness in the wires they'll find it. I've had this happen with a Digitrax decoder only once.

Went to my sisters place this afternoon for New Years Day dinner. It was great. I loaded my plate three times!

Low tonight 40 with a fair chance of rain.

Well, time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN2835.jpg
 
Good Morning from Central Jersey!

24F and Clear this morning, going to 34F. School buses are about so we are back to our normal routine in Howell. Oldest son GF and Dog return to Tennessee today, so we will be down to one house guest (Younger son) and the Cat can leave her "Dog Free Zone".

Have a pleasant day!

Joe
 
Good morning. It's 40° with 100% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a high of 48°.
condmc-1.jpg


Looks like it's going to be a nice day despite the cloudiness. The weather guesser said nothing about rain. It should be a good day for running about paying bills and getting groceries. The trip in this morning could be a little dicey though. The vans gas gauge is on 'E' meaning it could be near empty or there could still be as much as half a tank left. Guess I could dump in a few gallons of the tractor gas as a safe guard.

Later I may work on the layout a bit.

DSCN2844.jpg
 
The Daylight scheme is a favorite of mine, definitely one of the best ever.

It got down to 0° last night and is supposed to get to around 26° this afternoon. A big warmup is on the way though...............into the mid thirties next week.:rolleyes:
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top