Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Great to see ya Mikey! I consider myself warned!!:D

And a Happy New Year to you and all the rest of the faces here!:D
 
Good afternoon Guys,
It's still a bit cool at 40*F but other wise it's a nice sunny day with a few clouds.

Wishing everyone the Very Best in the New Year!

This forum is a great place for sure.


Good Railroading to all!
 
Had a derailment this morning with five cars and one loco going to ground. It happened on the northeast corner of the layout just coming through knutzville and it was a mess. That area is the hardest to reach so a grip and grab reach extender is required. For this reason it's near impossible to rerail anything at that location. Uncoupling the fallen loco from the three in front of it was a little tricky. Retrieving said loco required the grip and grab. Thank God I don't go in for fancy details and angel hair guardrails. The loco is a Bachmann GP7 so it's tough as an old boot! One of the cars was a bit of a nut to crack as well. It's one of the old Tyco 'Old Dutch Cleanser' hoppers so there's not much chance of hurting it. The problem there was that it landed against a couple of structures and it was flat on it's side. I had to flip it up then reach in and grab it before it fell back down. Not so easy with a Grip and Grab. After getting all that cleaned up it was time to find the cause. Inspecting the cars I had retrieved revealed nothing. Looking back along the track I found a small black screw laying on the track. I don't use that type screw to hold my couplers so it wasn't from that. The train was back in service by this time so I brought it around and started checking each and every car by lifting first the front then the rear. My aim with this was to find a loose truck. And I did! the 22nd car back. An Athearn 34' cement hopper. The only thing keeping the truck in place was the mounting nub on the bolster. Looked like Murphy was prepared to have yet ANOTHER day at my expense. That was an easy fix. Still I checked the remaining cars to be sure. You know how that old Mr Murphy is!
jeffery i love your descriptive story telling :)
 


By railfan;

Just wanted to say thank you to all the great old timers and the many excellent new people who've made this thread and forum the outstanding fun place it is....
X2!!! I'm on a couple of other boards as well but this is by far the best of the best!

Happy New Year to everyone!
 
jeffery i love your descriptive story telling :)

Jeffery is very good at descriptive story telling, always a pleasure to read his narratives:D.

Just a bit over 4 hours left in 2012, so I wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Joe
 
Good Evening...

Well, with the sounds of chaos and mayhem in the background..ambulance and firetrucks...we got home just an hour ago from all the dang CT scans and other testing that needed done...now I'm just relaxing by the fireplace...mmmmmm...right down the street the thing went...oh joy....:eek:

So far it looks like the cancer thing was a bad memory...thank goodness...:rolleyes::D

I've been saving some of Jeff's writing ...he is darn good!:)
 


You'd never guess it was New Years Eve by the temperature here. It's warm enough that I have the a/c on. Looks like it's gonna be a wet one tonight. The chance of rain after midnight is 100% and the low will be 55.

Not much done on the layout since this morning. Just been watching a long freight make the rounds.
 
You'd never guess it was New Years Eve by the temperature here. It's warm enough that I have the a/c on. Looks like it's gonna be a wet one tonight. The chance of rain after midnight is 100% and the low will be 55.

Not much done on the layout since this morning. Just been watching a long freight make the rounds.

I wish it were this warm here, looking a 34 tonight, and 36 tomorrow..Brrrr,
 
It's now 2013, and a balmy -6 Celsius (20F) here in Atlantic Canada.

happy new year to all!!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Happy new year 2013!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!

new-yearsday-can.jpg





Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Morning_Coffee.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON
 
Well I just watched the dropping of the ball in Times Square. That's good enough for me. Call it 2013 even though it's 11pm here. And with that I'm calling it a night. Time for this disabled veteran to hit the sack. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011955_zps5f91ebcc.jpg
 


Good morning. Happy New Year. It's 51° with 100% humidity. It's going to be a wet one today. The high will be 52°.
cond100.jpg


Looks like there will be plenty of rain today. Maybe the first day of the year will also be the wettest? Later I'll see what the rest of my family is up to. There's usually a New Years dinner or some such thing going on.

P1011960.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top