Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Fricken 13* out, walking home sucked! Spare me the "5 miles uphilll both ways in waist deep snow" speech :D
It was 10 miles, uphill one way, and against the wind the other...:rolleyes:
I get my class ring tommorow!! :D :D My parents werent thrilled about my decision to get 10k gold rather than the "yellow listrum", but i think I made the right decision. Cant wait to get it!
Way back when I was a Senior, and dinosaurs roamed the earth, my parents talked me into getting my class ring made from something called "Argentus," instead of gold. I found out later "Argentus" is another word for "pewter", meaning it wasn't worth the money I spent on the box it came in, much less the ring.
I'm sure "Yellow Listrum" is another term for something equally bogus... Stick with the gold...
 


Matt
The gold was the right decision. At least years from now it will still be worth something..........yellow listrum? Sounds like a communicable disease!:eek:

One word of advice....no snowball fights with the ring on. Take it from one who has been there,,,,,there aint nothing to stop your heart faster than seeing your school ring in a drag race with a snowball toward someone else's head!!!:eek:
Body parts shrink when cold!;)
 
The weather guesser's have changed their minds again I think. LOL LOL They really have no clue as to what is going to happen here. Four different stations and 16 different predictions. Oh well they will look outside Sat. and tell us what kind of weather we are going to have while we are looking outside at the weather we are having. LOL LOL LOL
 
Just stopped in for...

an RC Cola and a Moon Pie !

RCCola.png


Nelson-Haha.png










lolol.png
 
I get my class ring tommorow!! :D :D My parents werent thrilled about my decision to get 10k gold rather than the "yellow listrum", but i think I made the right decision. Cant wait to get it!
I take it you mean 'yellow lustrium'. This isn't a plated finish. The metal is fused with an amount of real gold all the way through so even if it's scratched, there won't be a difference in color. The gold content is higher at the surface, and becomes less as it goes deeper into the metal. The cost is lower than 10kt Gold.
 
Matt
The gold was the right decision. At least years from now it will still be worth something..........yellow listrum? Sounds like a communicable disease!:eek:

Isn't Yellow Listrum a mouth wash?:confused: or is it another word for yellow snow?




Either way the past morning temps at the park were in the upper 20's!:eek: and barely warmed up to the 40's in the after noon....the weatherman says this weekends afternoon temps should be in the upper 60's low 70's:D
 


Good Morning all!: Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. Cold. High 27F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. temperature of 10 degrees.

Well, everybody but my wife is sick. Me, all 3 boys and I think even the dog is running a temperature. lol I don't feel like doing anything but going back to bed and I am going to take all 3 boys with me. I wanted to work on the layout, but it's not going to work out today. I am just too tired and sick to do anything. The neighbors had to take their daughter to the emergency room last night because she had a fever of 104. It's cold and flu season in full force here now.

Jeff, I just got the money order this morning and it will be in the mail by tomorrow morning.
 
Good morning. It's 28 and mostly clear. The high will be 57 and mostly sunny.

I got decal work done on two locos yesterday, the new GP38-2 and one of the GP30's. I still have quite a bit of stuff that has to go. Some will be sold and some will be given away. Interested parties can find out which applies via PM. In the current lot I still have:

BLI sound module. This hooks up to a DC power pack and the track. It has buttons for a horn and a bell. Works with BLI DCC Quantum sound locos on a DC layout.

Atlas 9" plate girder bridge with NS track. A separate track section from another bridge is included.

Bachmann EZ-Command control station with power pack. No track connector wires or instructions. Instructions can be found online.

Bachmann Santa Fe wide vision caboose.

Mehano NS curve track. 12 sections, 18" radius.

P1011337.jpg
 
Good afternoon everyone.

Edit: Sorry, this is probably getting a little too personal, but since I shared the journey so far, I thought you would like to know the next chapter.

Well, the emotional roller coaster starts again. We talked with our infertility doctor today about what went wrong and what to do next. Until our conversation with him we were leaning towards adoption. He asked why we didn't want to try again since most couples have to try a few times to get it right. We told him that we just couldn't afford to try again and fail. He seemed to feel really bad about our situation and told us to call the business office of their clinic to see if they would help us out. Well, without us even asking he went to talk to the money people on our behalf. An hour later we get a call from the business office informing us that they would like to try again if we could come up with five grand. That's half the cost of what it's suppose to cost. Not only will they cut the cost, but they will refund the money if we are unsuccessful again. They also would try to scrounge up enough drugs from free samples to save us an additional two grand. The business office said that we must have pulled on the Doctor's heart strings for him to ask for a break on our costs. This isn't something they usually do. The Doctor just can't believe that given my wife's age and our health that we couldn't have our own baby. The end result is that we are going to try again. I can't believe we are trying after the last six days worth of pondering and contemplation. I guess I shouldn't be cursing God just yet huh?:o:)

Anyway, I hope you all have a good day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Corey
I glad the Doctor is on your side. Maybe though, he is just projecting what has started to be a trend in the healthcare system. There is a fertility place near here, I believe its called Shady Grove fertility, that for 1 set fee, says they will fo repeated IVF cycles until you are pregnant, or if medically deemed impossible, refunds your money. I hear the ads on the radio almost daily!
Anyways, best of luck with it. Be careful if you succede. My ex and I tried for almost a year and were considering IVF when my oldest was concieved. After he was born, I only had to look at her to get her pregnant!:eek:
 


Karl, they had offered a guarantee but we didn't qualify because of Gina's endometriosis. The cost for the guarantee was $26,000, plus extras. We had hoped to get it done for the fourteen or so instead. They really are helping us out on this. I just hope it works this time. I don't think Gina could take it if it doesn't.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top