ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Guys - well ok Afternoon here in Central Calif
I almost feel guilty to say it somewhat sunny out and 50*. certainly nothing close to what many or you are experiencing. When the temp gets into the the Minus area along with the wind chill factor your talking some serious cold alright *!*
I'm very pleased to say a somewhat close-by neighbor is very interested in getting into MRRing too so I've been talking to him about the various things to consider in starting so as to give him a jump start so to speak. I think he too likes the early type of equipment so this should really be quiet enjoyable! If fact I went through some of my stuff and found a few pieces of equipment to get him started.
Have a good day all.
I remember when my 9 yo was born. it was april 18th, 2001. Nice clear day the day before with a high of 60, and the day we brought him home it was 28 with 2 inches of snow. A brand new thunderbird isn't worth crap in those conditions. lol
My son Ryan was born on 4/18/1997!

It was a rainy day!
I almost feel guilty to say it somewhat sunny out and 50*. certainly nothing close to what many or you are experiencing. When the temp gets into the the Minus area along with the wind chill factor your talking some serious cold alright *!*
No need to feel guilty. Over here in Louisiana it's 64° under cloudy skies. Low tonight will be 40° with rain likely.

Those in colder areas can come here and warm up.

Cory,
Glad you and the wife are getting a second chance at the IVF.
Glenn
Jeff- That geep might just be one of the nicest patches I've seen from you so far! By the way, is everything your RR owns completey weathered? I think that geep wouldve looked really nice with just a light road grime coating.
Got my class ring, it looks fantastic too! I'll post a pic tommorow.
I've got the 2nd meet of the year tommorow, an early meet too! Wish me luck!
I also started on my first attempt at scenery, I'll show that tommorow too. It'd look 10000x better if I had duller paint and some texture, but I'm satisfied with it for now. I learned alot of new stuff and techniques, and hopefully I'll be able to build on them.
Been snowing since I got home, looks like alittle over an inch. Calling for 4-6 on Sunday though. There's also a trainshow Sunday, maybe ill go to that.
Jeff- That geep might just be one of the nicest patches I've seen from you so far! By the way, is everything your RR owns completey weathered? I think that geep wouldve looked really nice with just a light road grime coating.
Not exactly a light coating of road grime. Here's what it looks like now:
First time in the coffee shop! Do you guys serve bloodsausage?
Sausage and spam only
Spam, spam, spam!!!!

12/11/2010
Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

Morning all,
getting ready to head out and pick up a whole bunch of toys then bring them to the NYS&W toys for tots train in NJ. I'll have photos when i get back later this afternoon.
Good Morning
we are mainly dull dull dull today--and tomorrow will give us a mix of snow and rain--so I get to go to the train show with an umbrella and galloshes...
We went and did a bit of shopping yesterday for toys for tots up here...as well, the Salvation Army has a toy program that we get toys for as well...
And we have a Train Show coming up on Sunday the 12th of December at London ON's Centennial Hall from 10am to 2:30pm. 75 vendors will be there...I'm planning on snarfling a few deals from there...heeheehee


Gomez Addams
Staff member
Good morning. It's a cloudy 30 hear today, with a chance of rain later on. It's supposed to change to snow sometime later, Sunday or Monday, but the weather guessers aren't sure exactly when. Everybody around here is telling me the same thing, we occasionally get snow, but it comes in mud January and doesn't stay on the ground long. It's been a week since it started snowing, and there's still snow on the ground from that. I guess I should ask how long "long" is...
My wife is working this weekend, so I am free to go Christmas shopping for her today. The trick will be finding a spot to hide the gifts until Christmas. She likes to "snoop".
The trick will be finding a spot to hide the gifts until Christmas. She likes to "snoop". One of my favorite places to hide Glendia's gifts is on the train room. I have all kinds of drawers (old Hallmark Card shop) under the layout. I just move a few of my train treasures and stash them under my stuff. She usually does not go snooping though.
Good morning. It's 56° and cloudy. The high will be 70° and there's a 50% chance of rain. Low tonight is projected to be 31°.
Looks like more work today with the drywall compound. Didn't get it in around as much track yesterday as I would have liked. I hope to get it done today. Tonight I'll be going out to dinner with my sister then we'll go see a movie.
I have another lot of HO model railroad stuff together. The list can be found
HERE.
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PA170212.jpg
Good morning folks.
Glenn, thanks, I appreciate it.
Well, it looks like a few scenes from Dr. Zhivago out there. Heavy snow mixed with thirty to forty mile an hour winds and gusts up to fifty. All of that covering over a nice layer of ice from last nights freezing rain. I think the roads will be okay but you have to stay on them. The media has done a pretty good job of scaring the crap out of everybody so the roads should be fairly empty. Not that my job as a men's clothing salesmen MUST GO ON! I'll show up for a while and leave before dark. Yup, we're closing early today. The decision has just been made!
Oh, and no trains from me yet. I'll get to them sooner or later.
Have a good day everyone.
Good morning all, sunny and cold in dc today.
I came home. It's down right treacherous out there! I'm not too sure if my wife will make it home. She works until 5:30. This morning I told her to ask if she could go home before dark. By the time I got home a little bit ago, I called again and told her not to ask them, tell them! There are white out conditions with two to three foot drifts. In between the drifts is pure ice. It was quite the balance of speed and control to get through the drifts without going off the road. I've lived in the Midwest my entire life so you think I'd get use to it.

Snow, not bad. Ice, okay just go slow. Blowing snow, don't drive at night, go slow. Blowing snow with ice and all the trimmings, not much you can do about it! Stay home!

Walgreens doesn't agree with me though.
Anyhow, I think I may run a few laps with the trains to get in the mood. I may need to try a few little projects to get the juices flowing.
I'm going to go clear the drift in front of the garage so the Mrs. can get in.
Corey, hope the Mrs. gets home safe, or has the sense to hold up somewhere warm.
Speaking of warm, supposed to be 47 and raining here tomorrow. I'll probably shut down the woodstove and wear shorts all day.

Those bastards kept her at work until after dark and the highways were closed!

Oh man was I pissed. She wasn't even busy, she was doing training. She came home anyway, against better judgement. Thank God she has four wheel drive and new tires. Some of those drifts are three feet high.

If I thought she had something else lined up for a job I would call her boss and chew his ass. Sonsofbitches!
12/12/2010
Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)