Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey I hope it all works out for you and you guys can have a child of your own.


In other news just picked up a huge pile of toys, basically filled the back seat of my dodge ram for a toys for tots even this weekend. Going to be collecting a bunch more toys around Northern NJ and meeting up with the NYS&W toys for tots train. A bunch of jeep guys wanting to play Santa Clause.
 
Corey dude, you really ought to think about adoption. Since I was adopted, my parents made sure I knew I was loved and I was special. My sister was also adopted, and you want to talk about self centered. lol We were both spoiled by our parents, and we were loved beyond measure. I would never have made it through my life and my schizoaffective disorder without my mother teaching me how to cope. My sister was learning disabled, and my mother worked her a$$ off to teach her how to read while she was in 2nd grade. I was taught to read before I started kindergarten. My kindergarten teacher couldn't believe it. My mother passed away 10 years ago, and I still find myself repeating what she said most of my life. My parents did the best they could under the circumstances with a child who was mentally ill and one learning disabled, and to be honest, we weren't easy to take care of us, and yet they accomplished next to impossible thing with me and my sister. So, please consider adoption too along with the IVF because children need love and caring no matter where they come from.
 


Karl, they had offered a guarantee but we didn't qualify because of Gina's endometriosis. The cost for the guarantee was $26,000, plus extras. We had hoped to get it done for the fourteen or so instead. They really are helping us out on this. I just hope it works this time. I don't think Gina could take it if it doesn't.

Corey
Endometriosis can be tricky, but not insurmountable. My current wife has, what her Doctor calls a "textbook case" and still managed to have 2 boys!

We'll keep you both in our prayers.:)
 
Oddtodd,

We're thinking that we'll adopt as well. We'll be lucky enough to have one on our own so to have a full family we'll look to adopt a second. Your Mother sounds like a strong women. I hope we can be as good to our kids as she was to you.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. This forum helps as a sounding board for train and non train related things in my life. Hopefully I can talk a little more about trains in the future.
 
12/10/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
sausagebisci.png

:rolleyes:
 
Good morning crew, a balmy 12* out side right now. Hoping the Jeep wants to start this morning.
That reminds me of a joke...:

MINNESOTA TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

60 degrees F: Southern Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.

50 F: New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.

40 F: Italian & English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.

32 F: Distilled water freezes. The water at Lake Bemidji in Minnesota starts getting cooler.

20 F: French cars won't start. Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt, buttons open.

15 F: New York City landlords finally turn up the heat. People in
Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.

0 F: American cars won't start. All the people in Miami die. Minnesotans close the windows.

10 below zero: German cars won't start. Californians escape en masse to Mexico. Girl Scouts in Minnesota sell cookies door to door.(In fact, they're selling them right now!!)

25 below zero: Las Vegas disintegrates. People in Minnesota rummage
around the attic to find some winter coats.

40 below zero: Washington DC runs out of hot air. People in Minnesota let the dogs sleep indoors.

100 below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Some Minnesotans are frustrated when they can't start their cars.

460 below zero (absolute zero on the Kelvin Scale): All atomic motion stops. People in Minnesota start saying . . . "Cold 'nuff for ya?"

500 below zero: Hell freezes over. In Minnesota, VIKINGS win the Super Bowl!!
 
Good morning. It's 39 and partly cloudy with patchy fog. The high will be 65 and it will be mostly cloudy. 50% chance of rain tonight.

Looks like more layout work today. There's about 10 feet of track that has to be leveled and locked in place. I have a gallon of wall joint compound standing by for the job. Now where did I put that putty knife? Lot 1 of the MR items I had up will be put aside and I'll start getting lot 2 together. For those who may have missed it, here's the remainder of lot 1:

That's all for now.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011343.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good morning folks. You think you're cold, look at my forecast for this weekend. Notice the high of minus three!:eek: Those temps are after 4-8 inches of snow and thirty mile an hour winds. Somehow I just don't want to go to work on Saturday!

View attachment 23560
 
its aint that bad:rolleyes:, we had a week of -30C last year (-40 with the wind :eek::eek:!)

Curently its about -15c ouside, and im looking out for the postal truck to come by, my fast tracks jigs are supposed to be delivred today !:)
 
Heck, its gonna be warm here today, 38 with evening snow showers!!

Parts are finally trickling in for the Ranger....the radiator was on the FedEx truck at 5:21 this morning! Hood, valence and grill are enroute!!:D

Got the Metro finished yesterday,,,,total time , about 2 hours.......half the time it took me the 1st time around,,and I had help then!:D:D:D And yes, it is charging!

Gotta go split firewood for tonight,,,catch y'all later!
 
First time in the coffee shop! Do you guys serve bloodsausage?

Jeff, I like the idea of using wall compound around the track. I think I will give it a try, see if I can get the sunk in the ground look for my spurs.
 
First time in the coffee shop! Do you guys serve bloodsausage?

Jeff, I like the idea of using wall compound around the track. I think I will give it a try, see if I can get the sunk in the ground look for my spurs.
Be advised it takes quite a while to dry and is known to crack as it dries if put on too thick. I still have to go over the areas already dry with a skim coat of plaster to close up the cracks.
 
Be advised it takes quite a while to dry and is known to crack as it dries if put on too thick. I still have to go over the areas already dry with a skim coat of plaster to close up the cracks.

Thats why i use it to model rocks because it will crack and look almost natural


ad the Jeep didn't start this morning so i had to slum it in the 06 ram with heated seats again. Looks like a need a new ECU for the Jeep, JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket
 


I remember when my 9 yo was born. it was april 18th, 2001. Nice clear day the day before with a high of 60, and the day we brought him home it was 28 with 2 inches of snow. A brand new thunderbird isn't worth crap in those conditions. lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top