Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
08-17-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning.

It's 73 and partly cloudy. The high today is expected to be around 90 with a chance of thunderstorms.

Yesterday I finished up the mowing then helped my nephew wire up the lights on his car trailer. The danged things didn't want to act right. We connected every wire just as they should be and the lights still wouldn't do what they were supposed to do. The running lights would work OK until until a turn signal was turned on then all the lights would start flashing. We back tracked all the connections and finally found the problem. It was a bad connection in the plug, which was brand new. We put another plug on and everything works great now.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/17/2008


Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. North winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/268.jpg
 
Morning from Florida!

Weather
8 AM 79 °F Partly Cloudy Mostly cloudy with a few coastal showers.
2 PM 86 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered showers and storms.
10 PM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Mostly cloudy.
40% chance of rain.
Hurrycan tracking for those wondering, http://media.myfoxtampabay.com/myfoxhurricane/

Local news
The nuclear option
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Personal Note
"Flo, I'm super hungry! For my Break Fast I want, A Handy's Steak and eggs(Over easy on the 4 eggs and 16oz steak)Extra large side of Home fries, 6 slices of bacon, short stack of panie cakes, bowl of capt. Crunch, Big glass of Florida orange Juice, and a endless cup of coffee!" phelps better step aside......:) Put it on Jim's tab!

sTill here, no washie away yet!:D waiting though...... not much happening got to wait till pay day to get car fixed and vacation starts tomarrow, and wondering if first day of school will be monday?

The hurrycan should be over us Tueday night wednesday morning...........I'm still predicting this hurry can to be no more than a Strong Cat 1 to Weak Cat 2 at best. I've seen regular Sea breeze storms blow through here with more power! O'well you guys have a great day.........I know I will.
 


Good Morning Form partly sunny Western New York .I have forgotten how much work little dogs are . he has me so worn out I can't even make it up tp the train room . Will have to start eating my Wheaties I guess . Well have to go see what trouble he has gotten into. So hope you all have half as exciting day as me !!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' everyone!

Had to turn the air conditioners on already this morning. By 11:15 it was 81°F in the house. I figured I would be better to get them running before the house got to be unbearable. Humidity level is high in the house as well making it very sticky. First time they have been on for 10 days, so it hasn't been a terrible August here in the Finger Lakes.

Flo, #2 special, over easy, bacon, and some of that fantastic sour dough toast you make! Oh, and lots of coffee.

I have to unpack all the stuff I used at the LHS yesterday and get back to some modeling today (if I get the house work that I have been putting off for the last month done, that is.....).

Have a great Sunday!
 
Good morning to all from Sunny [darn] Coarsegold, Ca.,

Well it a rather warm 75* inside temp so it warming up fast today [darn], there are some high clouds but not enough to do any good, the high is supposed to be 94* msnbc weather says so I'll see how close they come to being correct?

Almost forgot, yesterday morning I almost did myself in mowing down Tarr weed in the fields surounding the home. Good thing the mower has front wheel drive, couldn't have done anywhere near as much without it. I was beat as it was and still not finished with the scourge of the West!



Say Ray, glad you asked and pointed out the describancy, it's the msnbc weather and that just goes to show how even this small morning exchange of our local weather has some relevance to it rather than just accepting what is displayed for us as factual. Now it shows the NY weather to be Sunny but with clouds but yesterday they predicted rain with thunder & lightning with the same for Monday but have now have revised it to be more fair weather which you can enjoy I'm sure.


Mornin' everyone!

David don't know what weather map your reading but NY is bright and sunny today with the exception of a small area way up near Watertown. They are predicting a few clouds but mostly sunny for the Finger Lakes high around 74°F. Currently 70° in Geneva. Hopefully another day without the air conditioner running! Tomorrow is a different story with a high of 80°F. The house will get shut down when I get up tomorrow and I will have the air conditioner running by afternoon.

I am off to the LHS to do a clinic/demo on soldering.

Hope all of you have a great day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick note ,David it is hard to perdicit weather in this part of New York . WE are stuck inbeteen two Great Lakes and one big river that feeds them both . people don't realize how fast the water moves on the river . We just had a 12 year old tourist form NYC swept away a coulps days ago . The tour guide she was with was not Licensed to lead her and there will be big trouble over that . but to get back to the lakes and weather . You could be standing on one corner completely in sun and across the street it could be hailing and storming . Thats the effect of the two lakes . So when the weather guy says chance of rain he is always covering his back !!!!!!P.S the Lakes also act like big air-conditioners . If you live near then it's always about 7 degrees cooler .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Hang in there and batten down the hatches.

Nice day here so out with the cement and into the holes round the drain covers, and what was left i made the kids a road for them to drive cars down the garden
 
Man is this place ever deserted! Where has everybody gone?

Anyhoo, my visit to Alabama is coming to an end - we need to leave NLT 5:00am if I can even hope to reach Maryland in time to get a full night's sleep before reporting back to work at 8:00am Tuesday morning. I'll be shutting down the laptop and packing it away the minute I finish typing this message.

Hope you all had a great weekend!
 


Good morning.

It's 75 and clear in the Sportsman's Paradise. Enjoy it while it lasts. The high is expected to be in the mid 80's and there's a pretty fair chance of thunderstorms later.

There wasn't much going on yesterday. I replaced several lights on the layout and put some stacks of containers together.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/18/2008

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent in the morning increasing to 70 percent in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/P1010004-33.jpg
 
A Morning in Florida!

Weather
8 AM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Variable cloudiness.
2 PM 88 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered showers and storms.
10 PM 81 °F Partly Cloudy Variable cloudiness
Bussiness as usual when it comes to weather today!

LOCAL NEWS
Fay moves in on Florida Keys; track shifts east
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...=18&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

MyFox Tampa Bay weather webcast
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...526&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=9.1.1

PERSONAL NOTE
My sons First day back to school today, and they may close it for tuesday or wednesday for the Fay, Won't know until later tonight. "I think/Bet Fay Will make Land Fall some where between Sarasota to Tampa Bay." But it could just as easy make land fall over my house:eek: in 30 to 33 hours they say it will make land fall! We will SEE:confused: The gulf temp of the keys is 89 degrees and that makes stormes grow and grow fast:rolleyes: I say Fay will be a strong Cat 1 weak cat 2.......

So in a nut shell, my bet is on:

Land Fall: Sarasota county north to Southern Pinellas county

Storm Strength: Strong Cat 1 to weak Cat2.

Storm track will carry it east of me through the state coming out at or around Daytona Beach!

But I could be way off!:D


I got to go and get Ryan ready and off for his first day back to school!
 
Good morning folks. I had a great weekend. We got to see some friends that we haven't seen in two years. It's hard to catch up in a couple of hours. Funny thing is, they live in the same town as us now. Oh well, we'll see them more now that we moved back.

I got the supports for the backdrop cut the other day. I put the first coat of paint on them this morning. I need to be done with that stuff this week in order to have my wife's thirtieth birthday here on Friday. We are going to try to keep everyone outside, weather permitting of course. This involves making the garage hospitable for throwing a party. It's decorated with our bar and Nascar memorabilia anyway. It already looks like a party room! I have a lot of work to do this week in order to have both sides of our family here together. Sounds like a storm here this weekend as well!

Good luck to you folks down south. I hope everyone has a good day.
 
Good Mornin Everyone !!!!! Like the old song says "Everyones Gone To the Moon" Just kidding but it looks like the old place sure is lonely ! Anonter nice day here on the Niagara Frontier. Sunny and low eighties with a bit of breeze . I've been busy with my new little friend and he leaves little time for anything else ! I here hime calling so better have a quick cup of coffee and out the door . Hope you all have a nice day !! Corey good luck with the wife's birthday . Thirty is an important milestone . We just celebrated my daughter's thirtheit and I was thinking at her's where has all the time gone ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
REX- "Hey Mikey, you are in the Wrecking Crew club aren't you? When KenL was at the McWane Center I told him to find the club's layout. He went up there and said there was nothing but a small N scale and just some misc. around. I thought the club allowed viewing year round."

My apologies to both you and Ken! I was out of touch on some family business the last couple of days.
The Wrecking Crew's Locust Grove and Western RR is located in the basement of McWane Science Center except during the Holiday season. It will be on display from Nov.15th thru Jan 9th this year. McWane wants to limit exposure to the Holiday season in the Birmingham area. It seems to draw crowds during the Christmas season.

Right now, the layout is undergoing another remodeling to change some scenes from last year and repair some deforestation. We should be running trains again in about 2 weeks.

Sorry Ken, if I had known you were interested, I could have arranged a visit to the "Long Gone & Wasted", even in its present chaotic condition.

Hopefully, I'll be able to visit the forum a little more regularly now and can keep up with current events.
Mikey
 
Mornin' everyone!

Glad to see all of you here this morning. I thought Flo was giving up and closing for good last night.......:rolleyes:

You Southern Boys must have sent some of the warmth back up here to the Finger Lakes. Air conditioners are on already this morning. Currently 81°F with some thunderboomers predicted as an isolated possibility for this afternoon.

For those of you in Fay's path, hope she stays a fairly weak storm and just gives you some good dousing of rain that I know you need.

Have a great day! I am off to deliver some CD's that have been sitting in my office for the last month. Tired of waiting for the customer to come pick them up.
 
Good afternoon folks

It has been a busy day. I had to visit a project up in Bucks County for a Final Inspection. We had to build a wall along the Delaware Canal where the Delaware River washed out the side of the canal and some of the road a couple of years ago. We then went to look at another site that is still under construction. I just got home about an hour ago.

We had a busy weekend. Saturday we did some running around to various stores getting odds and ends. I mowed the grass. Sunday we went out to Lancaster and the Rockvale Outlets to pick up a sports folding chair for my FIL. It has all these compartments and a cooler for sodas built-in. we also found the elusive candlesticks for our new kitchen table. We stopped at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania. We had not been there in a while and it was nice to all the changes. The yard was also opened so we got to see the trains there. I took a bunch of pictures and once I get them uploaded I will post them.

No modeling got done.

I hope everybody has a good evening
 


Evening all, just took the three piece layout to bits and ended up with a drawer full of track and stuff and a big pile of scrap wood
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top