Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon, everyone

Rex, that storm is here now. Had some good window rattlers from some ground strikes back in the woods but nothing big enough to break anything. The kittens both ran away to one of the bedrooms and rolled up into a ball too. I think it's the first time they've heard thunder that loud. Looks like it could be a pretty active day today and we could be headed into real heat wave next week.

Jeffrey, sounds like the fire calls have been keeping you busy. I don't know how you do it with your disabilities. I hope your area starts to get some rain soon.

Steve, I'm looking forward to pictures from that yard.

Chris, I told Flo that you were actually picking up everyone's tab this weekend so don't be too surprised tomorrow morning. :) All I know about property taxes is that Proposition 13 in California never solved any tax problems. The Florida tax situation is such a mess that I have no idea what Prop 5 will do but I'd guess it wouldn't be good.

Ray, as my sainted mother used to say "Whatever's not in your head has to be in your feet". :) I always forget little things like that.

Paul, I'm glad the girls are getting ready for the inevitable. It will be sad but much better for the old girl.

Tropics are still quiet so no threats there. We're going down to Destin, Florida for a few days on August 3 so I'm hoping the tropics stay quiet for the next two weeks. Nice so far today with rain and temperatures that fell from 93 to 73 once the rain started.
 
Hi-De-Ho!

Got the new optical drive in the G5 up and running like a charm. Took a while and a couple attempts though.... Helps if you read the directions first.:rolleyes: Got it all installed and checked the system profiler and it found the drive but said it could not burn a disc.... Not a happy camper. Seems that the drive is a new series of the pioneer super drives and needed to have the included software installed. Opened up the disc and found the installer .... for OS 10.2 Jaguar. OK, since I'm running 10.3 Panther on the G5, that was no help. Opened up the next installer and the info said it was for 10.3. Yippie! Started to install and it comes up as the installer for 10.4...... Hmmmmm! I cancel out and try the last one. 10.3 Panther install. Whew! Burned an iTunes music CD, worked fine. Burned a DVD movie, worked fine.... Burned a DVD data disc. works! So, now that that is done, I can pack for camp and clean house so the pet sitter won't be grossed out.....:eek: :rolleyes: ;)
 
Evening Everyone!

WEATHER

Almost got some rain this afternoon, Darn!:(
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...d=0058DF0FED25267B356B6A83B1439FF9?pageId=9.1

LOCAL NEWS

Police: mom left 7 year old to go to bar
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Business starts cover charge
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

"Flo, I would like to order a Bananna Split Sunday......And put it on Ray's tab! And never mind Jim, He really wants to buy my breakfast he's just shy!"

Got my customers yards done as well as mine too! I had enough money made today to get me a new Echo Stick edger!:D Love new tools:) :) :)

Jim The taxs down here are all screwed up, People are loosing jobs all over the state. So they cut property taxes and raise sales taxes and buy multy billion $$ swamps and old sugar mills to put more people out of work so special intrest groups are kept happy!:confused: Our leaders have lost their minds:mad: :rolleyes: My dogs are looking better and better all the time!:D
Vote for, "Jerry and Jacob, they have a leg up on things!"

Rex No problem buddy:D Jim and Ray got deep pockets in these horrable economic times;) I was told they love to buy everyone breakfast, lunch, and dinner!:) ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Jeffrey, sounds like the fire calls have been keeping you busy. I don't know how you do it with your disabilities. I hope your area starts to get some rain soon.
If I have my leg braces and all on I usually go, if not I don't go because it takes bout five minutes to get everything on. I don't go into any fires but I can still run the pumps and handle incident control.
 
Hey, check this out! I saw something today that I didn't think I'd see any more. I haven't seen this for MANY years (at least not around here).

I saw (and photographed for proof) working Semiphores on the CSX line just north of Paoli, Indiana! I haven't seen Semiphores in quite a long time outside of a museum. Check um out!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/SemiphoreSignals004.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/SemiphoreSignals005.jpg
 
07-27-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Good Morning From Florida

WEATHER

8 AM 76 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Partly cloudy with some scattered coastal showers.
2 PM 89 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered afternoon storms, some strong; moving inland.
10 PM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy, few showers ending
50% Chance of rain!
Local Radar:I'm just 12miles west of brooksville:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Weather/Radar?pageId=9.5


LOCAL NEWS

Whatever happened to Sabrina Aisenberg?
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

"Flo, I would like to have the Starvin Marvin with a side of home fries and large coffee. Also Flo, put this and the rest of my meals on Bill's Tab until he comes up with a lunch/dinner menu and gets you some more help!"

Good morning Gang! Looks to be a nice day the Rain chances are in the 50's and the radar shows some rain NW from where I'm at! Hope we get lucky, unless the wife decideds she want's to go to the river today! Not much going on here, I like my new stick edger I got yester day:) Now I need to save up for a landscape trailer and new trim mower! My old trim mower is not wanting to live much longer:( O'Well:rolleyes: Hey got's to go........Have a great day everyone.







BTW: Those of you who should be cutting the grass.............Get to work the neigbor is already done his;) :D
 
Mornin' all!

Wish I was still asleep as this is one of my few mornings to seep in, but somehow I just can't sleep. Oh well, thats what naps are for, huh?
 
Good morning.

It's 77 and partly cloudy with not a drop of rain in sight. The high today is expected to be 101. Anybody for sidewalk fried eggs?

Two fire calls yesterday, one was a small grass fire and the other was a false alarm from a faulty detector.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/27/2008

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 82°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Important Message

Heat advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM cdt Monday. Record high temperatures expected today.

Today High: 102 Mostly sunny. Record highs around 102. Light and variable winds becoming west around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.
 
Good Sunday Morning !!! Looks like were in for a nice day here on the Niagara Frontier . Lots of sun with a chance of Thunderstorms late , low humidity and high of 78 . We're having a little family get together to celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday . She will be 30 tomorrow, it seems only like yesterday we were waiting for her arrival . Time sure has a way of slipping by . Have to get ready now . Hope you all have a nice Sunday !!!!! Chris I'm sure glad that someone else's taxes are as screwed up this time. NY's been bad for a long time !Philip some nice shots of some old timers there !!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Afternoon,,, 85 degrees here in damp old blighty :) just got in from the open day, pictures in West Coast open day thread
 
Well Good morning all,
If I had known the girls looked like they do in Bills' post I would have started comming a lot sooner!

So how is everybody? And what's this I hear about another remodeling??

Oh, the the weather is hot, supposed to get up to 96* today and there is quite a big fire burning about 25 miles North in the Mid Pines Area not too far outside of Mariposa to the East a bit!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After noon Gents!

WEATHER
We got's Rain. Not much, but enough to send us packing from the river!

LOCAL NEWS
After the fire
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

"Flo.....I want a BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich and Tater Tots basket and Coke. Also put that on Bills Tab!;) Bill We need a lunch/dinner menu and get poor flo some help PLEASE!:)

My son and I went to the river and were there 2 hours then it started to rain:( we must of got 1/8" of rain in 30 min. now it has cleared up some and looks to be no more rain for this evening!:)

Steve love the train pic's, Your kids looked like they had fun!

PaulYes our taxes are all messed up and it seems to be costing us Jobs too!:mad: My Dad 30 years ago fled California Cause of the HIGH Taxes out there! Now 30 years later here we are all over again:mad:

David Welcome to the coffee shop! Yes, the staff here is very helpful. Order what you like for the lunch/dinner time cause Bill won't post a menu(Hint,Hint).....Make sure you have Flo put your dinner on Bill'sTab until he prints us up some Lunch/dinner menus! The Fried Catfish, Hush puppies, and fry platter is really good also the burgers are to kill for too!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
They sure did Chris, especially blowing the whistle on the Hogwarts Express, it was a day not to be missed to view this otherwise out of bounds site
 
Good afternoon from Camp Babcock-Hovey BSA!

We have 21 campers this year at Sci Tek Quest Camp and are using our new (air-conditioned) Building for the first time. Possibly more at 11...... (or 12).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening from Beautiful Camp Babcock Hovey. We had a great first day here. Some of you (Jeffrey and Jesse if he has gotten in here yet) may be interested in what greated us on our parade field this evening after our opening campfire......

NADance01.png


NADance03.png


NADance05.png


More on them tomorrow.....

Good night from Camp!

campfire.png
 
Good Morning From Florida

WEATHER
8 AM 76 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Partly cloudy with some scattered coastal showers.
2 PM 89 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered afternoon storms, some strong; moving inland.
10 PM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy, few showers ending
60% chance of rain.
Weather Radar:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Weather/Radar?pageId=9.5


LOCAL NEWS
Tampa police officer attacked
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1


PERSONAL NOTE
"Flo..........I'd like a, Stephs platter Eggs sunny side up and Large coffee. Please put this on Bills tab;) Thank You"

Not much to report just another work week! "Got's to mow the Grass:) " 60% chance or rain today, the weather dude says we might get some AM showers by the look of the radar I don't see where:confused: O'Well!:)

Ray Nice Camp! Great pic's!
 


Good morning.

It's 78 here, at four in the morning. The high is expected to be in the low triple digits and it'll be partly cloudy.

Hard to believe it's Monday already. It's been a busy weekend for sure. At least I go my two F units put together and painted. Both are unusual in that they have AAR trucks, but you work with what you have on hand.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/28/2008

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 71°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 78°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph WSW

Important Message

Heat advisory in effect until 7 PM cdt this evening. Near record high temperatures expected today.


Today High: 101 Sunny. Near record highs around 101. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon. Heat Index readings around 108 in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top